Jeon Woo Chi (KBS2, 2012-13) - soompi
Ojakgyo Brothers (KBS2, 2011-12) - soompi /

Birdie Buddy (tvN, 2011) - soompi /

All My Love (MBC, 2010 - cameo) - soompi
My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tail Fox (SBS, 2010 - cameo) - soompi
You’re Beautiful (SBS, 2009) - soompi
Queen SeonDuk (MBC, 2009) - soompi

VARIETY & TV SHOWS
Law of the Jungle in Indian Ocean (SBS 2014)
Beauty Bible (KBS 2014 )

Barefoot Friends (SBS, 2013) permanent member - watch

Star King, Episodes , 321 (SBS, 2013) - watch

Music Bank (KBS2, 2012-2013) host - watch:

3 4 5 6

Running Man, Episodes  ,137 (SBS, 2011, 2013) - watch

Happy Together, Episodes   (2011, 2012) guest - watch

Strong Heart (SBS, 2011, 2012) guest - watch

King of Idols - Lunar Year Special (SBS, 2011) - watch

Night After Night (SBS, 2010) co-host - watch

We Got Married (MBC, 2009) Paired with Park Jaejung - watch

Family Outing, Season 1, Episodes 72, 73 (SBS, 2009) guest - watch

DISCOGRAPHY

U-ie's After School discography:

AS SoompiThread /U-ie KpopSoompiThread 

Sok Sok Sok 2011

Artist: U-ie ft. Nu’est JR

His & Her Situation 2009

Artist: Junjin ft. Suk He & U-ie

Tomorrow 2009

Artist: 4Tomorrow (U-ie, Hyuna, Ga-In, Seungyeon)

MUSIC VIDEOS

U-ie's After School MVs:

U-ie Kpop Soompi Thread

Ali - The Vow (Golden Rainbow theme) with Uie & Jung Ilwoo

COMMERCIAL FILMS

Le Coq Golf -

'Love Golf Campaign'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM9dLk4zGakhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haq0O4mv09w

Cantata Stick Coffee

BDlab Skini -

BDlab Happy Diet Program

Le Coq Golf - Shine on the fieldhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWOyuntBaeEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDfvpOm7t5c

Golf Exercise Tips for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Field Golf Etiquette for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Time Management Tips for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Must have items for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Golf Swing Tips for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Golf Etiquette: Silence for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Golf Etiquette: Caddy Service for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Golf Etiquette: Bunker Maintenance for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Golf Etiquette: Putting Green Maintenance for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Golf Etiquette: Mobile Vibration Mode for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Golf Etiquette: OB Ball for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Golf Etiquette: Side Lines for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Golf Etiquette: Ball Mark for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Golf Etiquette: Shoe Manners for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Golf Etiquette: Fair Play for 'Love Golf Campaign'

Cantata Stick Coffee U-ie & Joo Won Teaser - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PjsOLt20jAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPWhVeTgdgc

Cantata Stick Coffee U-ie & Joo Won proof A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAvGx8c7AFUhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWXAsqJR3iUhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAvGx8c7AFUhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDCtIQQLMswhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAvGx8c7AFU

Cantata Stick Coffee U-ie & Joo Won A2

Cantata Stick Coffee U-ie & Joo Won proof A Full -

Cantata Stick Coffee U-ie & Joo Won A pre-launching

Cantata Stick Coffee U-ie & Joo Won B pre-launching

Cantata Stick Coffee U-ie & Joo Won

Cantata Stick Coffee U-ie & Joo Won proof B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCpxF1u74Sc

Cantata Stick Coffee U-ie & Joo Won proof B Full -

Cantata Moving Cafe U-ie & Joo Won

BDlab Happy Diet Program

The SAEM Cosmetics - Lee Seung Gi & After School

Le Coq Golf

BDlab Beauty & Diet U-ie & Gong Hyun Joo 

BDlab Beauty & Diet

[CF Package] U-ie presents BDlab Products -

[CF Package] LANDROVER Shoes U-ie, Kahi, Nana, Jooyeon

Vivaldi Park Ocean World Kahi & U-ie

Cool Soju http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=balikoRDATY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=balikoRDATY

Cool Soju Dance Ver. -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=balikoRDATY

Soju Cool Think Casual -

Samsung Anycall Shape Intro -

Samsung Anycall Shapehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqT-cQpqfdI

Samsung Anycall Shape - Shape Guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqT-cQpqfdIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3RdWhNDCTk

Samsung Mobile Gemstone Event

Samsung Gemstone 30s 1

Beauty Tips Samsung Mobile Samsung Gemstone Event -

Samsung Talk Play Love Anycall VVIP -

Samsung Amoled Son Danbi & After School -

Vita 500 vitamin drink

HEAD Sports

Point Skincare -

Samsung Anycall KimYuNa, 2PM, U-ie -

Samsung Anycall Magic Hole Kim Hyun Joong, Lee Min Ho, U-ie -

Samsung Kim Hyun Joong,  Lee Min Ho & U-ie - Anycall Agent M -

Samsung Anycall Drama Musical 4Tomorrow -

Other endorsements:

2013 - H:Connect Women's wear

- Mixxo Women's wear

2012 - Samantha Thavasa Handbags

- Cecil McBee Fashion Brand

2010 - 7 for all Mankind Premium Denim Brand - Face of 7FAM Global Campaign

- YETTS Clothing

AWARDS2013 MBC Drama Awards Excellent Actress (special project) (Golden Rainbow)  - red carpet - clip

2012 48th Baeksang Arts Awards: Best New TV Drama Actress (Ojakgyo Brothers) -

-

2011 KBS Drama Awards: Newcomer Actress Award (Ojakgyo Brothers) -

-

2011 Barbie & Ken Awards: Korean Barbie

2009 MBC Entertainment Awards: Best New Rookie (We Got Married) -

ARTICLES & INTERVIEWS

[08.2011] U-ie Discusses Her Role Model, Criticism and Graduating After School

Spoiler: U-ie had an hour long interview with the Daily Star. In it she talked about her role model, her drama roles and being a member of After School.

Currently in a "golden age" where there are a combination of active actors and singers U-ie is getting a lot of attention for her talents as an all around entertainer. When asked about role models U-ie quickly cited Uhm Jung-Hwa the singer and actress without any hesitation. U-ie stated that, "Uhm Jung-Hwa sunbaenim (senior) has a variety of images". Uhm Jung-Hwa has been able to have a long and successful career as both a singer and an actress and U-ie is hoping to follow in her footsteps. While U-ie spoke of Uhm Jung-Hwa her eyes shone and the reporter was able to see her sincerity and tell how big a fan she is.

Since working on the set of "Ojakgyo Brothers" U-ie has been receiving a lot of helpful tips from her seniors. Though it is "still very hard to accept criticism" it has helped U-ie become a better actress and made her stronger. U-ie revealed she feels a little pressure that her two dramas "Birdie Buddy" and "Ojakgyo Brothers" will be on television at the same time. But, since the two characters she plays have a "180-degree difference", U-ie is confident viewers will respond well to both shows.

Promoting with After School along with her individual activities takes a lot of time and energy.

When U-ie was asked if she would rather focus on her passion which is acting instead of singing she replied that being "on the stage it's just a happy pleasure I could not give up".

Even though After School has a "Graduation" concept when prompted U-ie firmly stated, "never want to" in regards to leaving the group. U-ie has a strong attachment to the group and revealed she had been offered a chance to be an actress being debuting in After School. U-ie lovingly said, "I was offered the chance to be an actress before my debut, I took the opportunity to be a member of After School". This chance to be in the group was seized by U-ie because she sincerely felt it was the right choice in her heart.

Since her debut in After School, U-ie has been working long and hard without a pause. When she was asked if she regretted not being able to fully experience life as a regular college student U-ie who attends Sungkyunkwan University replied that her studies are very important but she doesn't want to miss the opportunity of having a successful entertainment career.

Because of this she will attend college while still remaining active as a singer and actress though she recognizes she "still has a long way to go" and enthusiastically mentioned she wants to finish school in her twenties while laughing.

Source: Paran
Translation: AfterSchoolDaze
Credits: Iceprinceafterschool @ as-afterparty U-ie of K-pop girl band After School is starring in two TV dramas at the moment, as a university student who overcomes a sad family history in KBS weekend drama "Ojakgyo Family," and as a country girl who grows into a successful golfer in "Birdie Buddy" on cable channel tvN.

In an interview on Aug. 8, U-ie said, "I watched the first episode of 'Ojakgyo Family' with the script in hand to check for mistakes, and my acting left a lot to be desired compared to more senior actors." She in fact started out wanting to be an actress and went to a lot of auditions, but ended up making her debut as a singer first.

What does she think about criticism that she would not have won two starring roles simultaneously despite her inexperience if she had not been a member of a successful manufactured band? "I find the statement unfair. I didn't win the roles easily because of my body, or because I'm in a band. I practiced acting and golfing very hard for three months to pass the audition for the soaps."

Will she be able to both sing and act? "It's not easy for me to maintain both jobs in a very tight schedule, because After School are preparing Japanese debut. But I try to do my best by cutting down on sleep because I can't afford to be a nuisance to After School and the TV crew," U-ie said.

How is her acting coming along? "Right now, it's just so much fun. I really enjoy reading the script and thinking about how to play certain scenes when the new script comes out. It's amazing how I get drawn into studying acting when I was never interested in studying at school. It feels like I'm being recreated through acting."

Cr: english.chosun U-ie of K-pop girl band After School is starring in two TV dramas at the moment, as a university student who overcomes a sad family history in KBS weekend drama "Ojakgyo Family," and as a country girl who grows into a successful golfer in "Birdie Buddy" on cable channel tvN.

In an interview on Aug. 8, U-ie said, "I watched the first episode of 'Ojakgyo Family' with the script in hand to check for mistakes, and my acting left a lot to be desired compared to more senior actors." She in fact started out wanting to be an actress and went to a lot of auditions, but ended up making her debut as a singer first.

What does she think about criticism that she would not have won two starring roles simultaneously despite her inexperience if she had not been a member of a successful manufactured band? "I find the statement unfair. I didn't win the roles easily because of my body, or because I'm in a band. I practiced acting and golfing very hard for three months to pass the audition for the soaps."

Will she be able to both sing and act? "It's not easy for me to maintain both jobs in a very tight schedule, because After School are preparing Japanese debut. But I try to do my best by cutting down on sleep because I can't afford to be a nuisance to After School and the TV crew," Uee said.

How is her acting coming along? "Right now, it's just so much fun. I really enjoy reading the script and thinking about how to play certain scenes when the new script comes out. It's amazing how I get drawn into studying acting when I was never interested in studying at school. It feels like I'm being recreated through acting."

Cr: english.chosuMISCELLANEOUS VIDEO2012

MISCELLANEA
UNICEF's Santa Campaign - clips

Gag Concert

Cantata Coffee CF BTS -

'Save the Penguin' Campaign -

OFFICIAL SITES

Facebook /Cyworld / Twitter/ Me2day / Instagram

Afterschool Official Facebook /After School Official Site

Other links
Kim YuJin BaiduBar / U-ie KpopSoompiThread /
AfterschoolDaze/ Kimuiesarang
                                                                                         image

Many thanks to cafebuon, the original creator of the U-ie Actor TS, to traciecullen, for helping me compile various sections, and to soomp, for making the switching possible.

!!! Don't forget to follow the soompi RULES !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vietsoul

Mighty Mouth enlists Uee and Hyuna

On 29th July, After School Uee and 4Minute Hyun Ah despite their busy schedule, shot a music video for chic and stylish hiphop duo Mighty Mouth’s new song. Mighty Mouth member expressed their thanks saying, ” We’re thankful for having 2 members from highly successful girlgroups to join us today.”

He added, “Hyun Ah was busy with album preparations while Uee had multiple schedules on hand, but they put their work on hold and joined us for this shoot.”

An all-night shooting was carried out, and Uee had just been going through newspaper interviews, TV recording and shooting events in the morning. However, she turned up fresh-faced and continued shooting for the music video without a any rest in between. The staff were impressed with her dedication. The shooting ended at 7am, the next day.

The 2 are the next artistes to be known to be featured for Mighty Mouth’s comeback album after Baek Ji Young.

Mighty Mouth will release their new album in early August and the music video will be released at Gom TV on July 30th.

2009072910390110022.jpg

2009072910390110021.jpg

2009072910390110023.jpg

Credit: kimchilicious.wordpress.com. monmoon @ soompi.

Guest cafebuon

Sneak of UEE and Park Jae Jung on We Got Married

It was reported in mid-July that the Queen Seon Duk couple, actor Park Jae Jung (29) and After School’s UEE (20) might become the new make-believe couple for MBC's We Got Married. That is now confirmed and they filmed their first episode in the last week of July which will be aired on 2nd August through MBC Sunday Sunday Night.

Although they were paired up as lovers in Queen Seon Duk (Lord Sadaham and young Mishil), but they never met on the set as they filmed their scenes separately. But the We Got Married PDs saw the potential in them and managed to get them to join the show as a make-believe couple, continuing their romance in the modern era.

They arranged to meet each other in front of the Sejong Center on their first day of filming. But because Park Jae Jung and UEE didn't exchange mobile numbers, it led to them waiting for each other for a long time, creating an unexpected situation for the production team. After finally meeting up and being clueless about each other, they begun their make-believe married life by asking about each other's age, interests, etc.

UEE expressed that she was a big fan of We Got Married and would watch the program regularly every Sunday. She also bought along lots of decorations for their new home to show Park Jae Jung. Uee also prepared a packed lunch for her "hubby"despite her busy schedule and also showed him her favourite hot pillow item.

The "married" couple then headed to a coffee joint which offered tarot card reading, where UEE wept after it was revealed she had experienced loneliness while she was a trainee, and as a girl group member (not After School, her former group).

The new make-believe couple goes against the PDs initial concept of sticking to a real-life couple, Hwang Jung Eum and Kim Yong Jun. But with the consistent single digit rating, being placed out of the top 20 rating charts and a million miles away from SBS Good Sunday and KBS2TV Happy Sunday, the PDs had no other alternative. There are also plans to move We Got Married to Saturdays, starting in mid-August.

68347894.jpg

85735899.jpg

43882565.jpg

credit: coolsmurf

Guest Happy_Day

^ What are those last two pics from?? Are they already filming We Got Married, or are they from CFs or something? They look better together than I expected.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cafebuon

After School’s UEE in idol drama!

Joining the ranks of Lee Hongki, Jang Geun Suk and Park Shin Hye, will be After School's UEE, in the idol drama "You're Beautiful."

UEE will be playing the role of the nations "younger sister-like" top star. Kind of like how Wonder Girls' Sohee is considered Korea's ideal younger sister.

The pilot episode will air on October 7th, 2009.

credit: allkpop

• 2 months later...
Guest *katty*

wow I really expected UEE's thread to be more popular....since she's practically everywhere right now!

Anyways I didn't really care about her before but since I recently started watching you're beautiful I'm actually starting to like her! She really impressed me with her acting and it's brave of her to take on a role that might gain her antifans...

Guest Krunchii

UEE seems to have a lot of haters from akp who think she's everywhere :/ idk I kind of like her acting in You're Beautiful, she seems pretty into the role. Personally I think she'd be a better actress than idol but that's just me xD she's hecka tall.

didnt know there was a thread for UEE..

well what can i say about this girl..there seems to be a lot of haters i mean a lot..personally i think this girl's got a wow factor for sure...if it wasnt the case than she wouldnt be everywhere and the one who is more popular would have more haters too..i wont say she is perfect but shes got talent..well not for singing but for acting..she is superb..just by watching her character in You are beautiful..i can say that she has definitely got acting talent and shes got bright future ahead...well good luck UEE..

Guest AnnieDlily

I like her and think she's a good actress. She meshes really well with the rest of You're Beautiful's cast. Her company should really consider promoting her as an actress rather than as part of an idol group.

Guest wency_99

does anyone here know if there are english subs for UEE's part in WGM? I've been watching and trying to make sense of what they are doing, but it's really hard to know what they are talking about.

Guest tongue-x-tied

Is there any 4Tomorrow Story that has english subtitle? I wanna understand Uee's so bad.

Ahh, I can't believe how people can be so shallow hating on her based on her character as Hye Yi.

what? I thought that her thread would be MUCH longer.. it's only 1 page?

Anyways, i am assuming that this is because this thread is in the Drama Section and not the Music section.

Anywho, she plays an awesome EVIL GF for HTK in You're Beautiful. :D

Guest i_luv_kr

Samsung Corby Launching Show

The girls were at the Samsung Corby launching show (13th November at AT Center in Seoul) wearing all black outfits. This will be the last (few) time(s) we see the group as it is before the new member joins the group

59zbqf.jpg

2dhspck.jpg

97mwk8.jpg

abtr86.jpg

Credit: afterschoolcraze

Archived