Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chubby Cheeks

Aya!Aya! Posts: 68Member
K, I have a rather "silly" question.

I'm 5'2 and weigh 116lbs...
I have some chub on my cheeks and I'm scared it might never go away o.O I want my face to show my natural dimensions, you know?
any ideas? lose more weight? treatments? Am I doomed forever to genetics?
Anyone had similar problems but "resolved" it? Thanks!

Replies

• jhirokijhiroki ?????dance Posts: 228Member
    It'll go away in time, it's just baby fat.
    Everyone has it at one point, and it just goes as you age.
    「僕の許可なしに僕の写真を使用していないください。」
  • ropangropang SingaporePosts: 53Member
    QUOTE (jhiroki @ Jul 5 2009, 08:00 PM) »

Yeah this is true, I also have chubby checks which i suck in everytime [to try to make it slimmer -lol-]
    which only helps abit xD.. so yeah, it just goes as you age as jhiroki says [mine is going away slower -hehe-]
  • CHOMP!CHOMP! Posts: 1,064Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

edited July 2009
    i use to have a rounder face, but it just naturally slimmed down as i got older
    before i had a U face and now i have like a half V face if that makes sense o-o

i don't think there is anything you can do to just slim down your cheeks
    but if you lose weight, your cheeks would slim down with the rest of your body
  • Aya!Aya! Posts: 68Member
    QUOTE (jhiroki @ Jul 5 2009, 07:00 PM) »

I'm 23, so I don't know if it's too late for me :| I'd at least want to spend my youth with less baby fat XD

QUOTE (j©_♥` @ Jul 5 2009, 08:43 PM) »
    i use to have a rounder face, but it just naturally slimmed down as i got older
    before i had a U face and now i have like a half V face if that makes sense o-o

i don't think there is anything you can do to just slim down your cheeks
    but if you lose weight, your cheeks would slim down with the rest of your body

Hm, yeah. I think I'll try to lose more weight... maybe I'm just too impatient...

How old are you?
  • hunnyy_x3hunnyy_x3 Posts: 335Member

LOL i'm 13, almost 14, 5'2, and 123lbs -.- and i have chubby cheeks too -.- but i'm just fat LOL
    i think, and i've heard from other soompiers, that if you lose weight overall, it'll go away with it.
    its the first to go, i think? the boooobies too LOL and the bum/thigh fat is last? -sigh- doom.

try searching up those facial massages? i haven't tried them, but they sound pretty cool 8)
  • grayishfeathergrayishfeather Posts: 8Member
    WOW! THAT IS EXACTLY MY PROBLEM TOO!

I am ALSO 5'2" and 116 lbs. I'm not fat, but just chubby.

The things that I've heard about are:

-losing weight
    -use tightening creams (i think Clarins has something like that_
    -massage

A big part of why our faces are chubby, besides the obvious reason- excess fat, is our over developped jaw muscles. Massaging them makes them softer and thus a bit smaller. There are also Botox shots to soften these muscles (Although you will feel sore for a week or two)

That's all I can offer, sorry. ><" For me, I'm pretty sure it's because of my weight. I have teeny tiny bones, so 116lbs is A LOT for me. I have chubby arms, legs and tummy :/

*sigh* Let's all exercise and whatnot ><"
  • Aya!Aya! Posts: 68Member
    edited July 2009
    QUOTE (grayishfeather @ Jul 5 2009, 09:29 PM) »
    WOW! THAT IS EXACTLY MY PROBLEM TOO!

I am ALSO 5'2" and 116 lbs. I'm not fat, but just chubby.

The things that I've heard about are:

-losing weight
    -use tightening creams (i think Clarins has something like that_
    -massage

A big part of why our faces are chubby, besides the obvious reason- excess fat, is our over developped jaw muscles. Massaging them makes them softer and thus a bit smaller. There are also Botox shots to soften these muscles (Although you will feel sore for a week or two)

That's all I can offer, sorry. ><" For me, I'm pretty sure it's because of my weight. I have teeny tiny bones, so 116lbs is A LOT for me. I have chubby arms, legs and tummy :/

*sigh* Let's all exercise and whatnot ><"

Um, I guess I'm normal, lol. Yeah, I ordered some skin firming cream and I'm doing daily yoga exercises on my face, haha. I've planned to swim everyday in the morning, I hope that helps with my weight! Hwaiting!!! o_O

I'm too scared to get shots >_<
  • Octopus__Octopus__ Derp. CaliforniaPosts: 1,477Member
    Ahh. I'm 5'5'' and 90lbs. I have
    chubby cheeks, lol. It makes me
    have a round face and when I still
    don't get enough sleep, I get a really
    bloated because of my cheeks. Idk
    what the problem is.. I tried to do
    some exercises, probably the easiest
    exercises I've ever done in my life,
    but I stopped 'cause I was lazy, lol.
    Well, let's hope the age factor works.
    I'm fifteen and idk if I really see an
    improvement. But right now, who cares.
    They'll go away eventually, not quick..
    but eventually.
  • eriKKeriKK Posts: 17Member
    I'm sorry to say it may be your natural dimensions. I lost 60 lbs and my cheeks are still chubby. Be Proud!! haha.
  • happyfeethappyfeet CanadaPosts: 91Member
    edited July 2009
    I had and still have chubby cheeks (i'm 21)...back in grade school my best friend would always squeeze my cheeks...and finally she stopped because I told her I don't like it and they might just get bigger lol (which is somewhat true because it stretches out the skin). Now, my boy friend squeezes my cheeks (but of course he loves them).

I wish my cheeks weren't that big (got that from my dad's side), but you just have to accept it and love them. As you age your cheeks will shrink a little. My mom had beautiful cheeks, and now they are kind of sunken in :S. Having chubby cheeks will make you look younger as you get older.
  • xxpiinkifiedxxpiinkified under your bed :OPosts: 2,042Member
    edited July 2009
    oh my gosh, i have chubby cheeks too! i hate themmmm!
    it's not like i'm fat or anything, i'm 5'3 and 110 lbs.
    grrr. i started going swimming and dancing more, hoping i could tone my body and maybe lose some faaat in my face! (:
    . . . . . why cant I love you in slow motion, take my time ..?
  • dudeilovefooddudeilovefood Today is the youngest you'll ever be. Act like it. Posts: 2,232Member
    use the uhm LOL face slimemr asian product thingy!
    ;D
    image image
    ......ohemgee.................. `
    view profile. message.......................

I'M AWAY FOR A FEW DAYS, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ME OFF PM LIST!!!
  • TeeeeeTeeeee ???! Posts: 875Member
    Chubby cheeks are adorable, but after time they will slim down...I think.
    abmygs21ssf _____________________ tumblrtwitter
  • booboo123booboo123 Posts: 82Member
    i was watching i love blackie show with hannah, she said she sucked a pacifier becuase it can help slim down the cheeks. im planning on trying it havent had time to buy a pacifier yet.
  • apple_timeapple_time HawaiiPosts: 997Member

ROOKIE

i have chubby cheeks too and i'm quite skinny (most people tell me) and i thinks it fine
    some people even fine it cute
    but it you dont like it try going to a facial spa/salon place

• freshfresh 980324 Posts: 1,211Friend of Soompi
    It's not baby fat because you're not a baby! It's just the way you look. Personally, I think chubby cheeks look better than skinny, hollow cheeks. You look more lively and young. Think of SoHee from Wonder Girls.
    w224003192.jpg