Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Line Down Your Stomach?

kimmytnguyenkimmytnguyen LouisianaPosts: 751Member

IDOL

edited June 2009 in beauty & fashion
=/
i notice i have like this dark line down my stomach.
its ugly and disgusting.
does anyone have it?
i dislike it so much.
does anyone know how to get rid of it?

sorry if someone already post.

Replies

• alligatortearsalligatortears <3 Posts: 2,206Member
    my friend has one down her stomach..
    but sorry,
    i don't know how to get rid of it.
  • ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,388Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited June 2009
    is it a vertical line from navel down to crotch?
    Just wax it, it's just dark body hair

• kishycathieekishycathiee that's what they all said Posts: 2,303Member
    edited June 2009
    sounds like a stretch mark to me, buy some shea butter to make it fade away (never used it, so idk if it really works)
  • sushiwhoresushiwhore Oldie Washington~Posts: 10,313Friend of Soompi

IDOL

if its in the center part of yrou stomach and its just darker skin.. you need to scrub it o_o

i had it before and scrubed it in a shower ^^ it went awway affter that
    Then I've concluded, that after many years of nothingness, I had found nothingness to be something.

• Cheri.B*Cheri.B* Posts: 1,604Friend of Soompi
    ^ Lol some people actually do have a darker skin tone line thing there because I have that do.
    I have no remedy to take it off because I heard it is genetic
  • tsukemene123tsukemene123 Irvine, CaliforniaPosts: 1,157Member
    edited June 2009
    I have that too, stretching from the middle of my abdomen down below my belly button. It's not too dark, but it's noticeable. I asked my mom if I got surgery when I was younger to see if it was a scar HAHA
    SHARING IS CARING

IDOL

QUOTE (Cheri.B* @ Jun 16 2009, 08:50 PM) »
    ^ Lol some people actually do have a darker skin tone line thing there because I have that do.
    I have no remedy to take it off because I heard it is genetic

really? i had to scrub really hard to get it off =/ it took a long time because it didn't want to get off for me...

image i think i just need to exfoliate more ahhaha
    Then I've concluded, that after many years of nothingness, I had found nothingness to be something.

• aiko_da luv childaiko_da luv child FL&#33;&#33; the sunny state&#33;Posts: 383Member

ROOKIE

I'm trying to figure out y you would scrub your skin off just cuz it looks "weird" or "ugly"....

Anyway, I have this too and so does my mom. At first I thought it was my mom's C-section line but I noticed I had it too. It is genetics. I WOULD NOT scrub it if it's always been there. That's not good for your skin (excessive scrub). I think if you have a low belly button (like I do) and a flat tummy or abs, it's less noticable (cuz it becomes lower). Those are my suggestions (sorta).
  • Cheri.B*Cheri.B* Posts: 1,604Friend of Soompi
    QUOTE (sushiwhore @ Jun 16 2009, 08:55 PM) »
    really? i had to scrub really hard to get it off =/ it took a long time because it didn't want to get off for me...

image i think i just need to exfoliate more ahhaha

Jeebus @_@
    Doesn't it hurt?
  • BobaMilkTeaBobaMilkTea Posts: 561Member
    I think I have what your talking about.
    It's kinda shadowy sort of, but I don't think it's my skin being dark or anything.
    I actually like it =]. It adds some texture to my stomach,
    and my friend compliment me on how it makes me look skinnier.
    Please read the signature rules
  • LaneLane musicsoundsbetterwithyou CAPosts: 491Member
    Italy towel, and scrub away.
    SALES: UO F21 KARMALOOP STEVE MADDEN YESSTYLE

IDOL

QUOTE (Cheri.B* @ Jun 16 2009, 09:23 PM) »
    Jeebus @_@
    Doesn't it hurt?

o_O alot of you act liek i did it until it was bleeding it was just a scrub? iono it didnt hurt my skin turned a light pink color o_O

but it did the job... i just scrubbed it lightly at first but it didnt do anything so i had to apply pressure to it o_o

image it made it go away and now i'm mark free... mine wasnt lower tummy but inbetween my rib bones... and a dark mark on pale skin in that area is not pretty

• apple_timeapple_time HawaiiPosts: 997Member

ROOKIE

if your underwear elastic usually sits there it may have created that line.
    i suggest using a good exfoliating scrub.

• aishiteruhoneyaishiteruhoney Elite Member Castle OblivionPosts: 1,221Member
    you mean a happy trail?

wax it
  • lovemelody.lovemelody. &#9733; East SeaPosts: 4,394Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

^ lol, that was what i was thinking too.
  • The MachineThe Machine that crazy mofo Somewhere between the sun and MarsPosts: 150Member
    some of the replies in here are so stupid! obviously it's not hair or caused from underwear, the line is VERTICAL and usually right under your bellybutton all the way down to your pubic area, though it can go as high as the bottom of your sternum. it's called linea nigra, but usually pregnant women get it.

i have one too though it's not really noticeable, and i don't know if you can get rid of it barring skin bleach? i read somewhere it can be caused by adrenal insufficiency, and that folic acid could reduce it maybe? it seems to be more common in people with olive complexions and darker (i guess due to hyperpigmentation or w/e).

I have a derm appointment soon and I'm gonna ask about it as well as lightening other dark spots on my skin. i hope it can go away too, i don't want people to think I am/was pregnant lol.
  • cowsiecowsie and everytime when you breathe, a wish comes true. NEW YORK.Posts: 1,623Member
    I think what she meant is like a line on the skin instead of hairs on it. I have that too and my mom got it too; i think its genetics.
    all smiles.
  • flyingmochiflyingmochi :) Cantankerous CaliforniaPosts: 328Member
    edited June 2009
    Like The Machine said, it's linea nigra. I heard about it on the Tyra Show :]
    It's nothing to worry about. I'm not sure if you could remove it though .__.
    Have fun with it! Use some eyeliner and draw a smiley face!
  • shinhdeplolshinhdeplol εїз Woήdεŕ ßαηg ツ Cυвe fαмïly ♔ Posts: 45,051Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

i've seen many people having exactly the same problem too

but i also dont know how to solve it image
    cF9ki.jpg KYVd7.jpg
    hyunseungsgirl.gif
    Twitter_Facebook_Tumblr_FOLLOW: @b2stlysoompi_@SOOMPI_BIGBANG
    C: CrazyPanda@ B2STRISING (blinkie)
  • chiluvskkchiluvskk CaliforniaPosts: 1,366Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (~ BunnyliciouS ~ @ Jun 16 2009, 08:47 PM) »
    is it a vertical line from navel down to crotch?
    Just wax it, it's just dark body hair

agree! just wax it image