Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SechsKies (젝스키스) For the Jekkies!

Replies

• miso1004miso1004 Posts: 61Member
    QUOTE (TiFFaNiZeD @ Jan 13 2006, 02:08 AM) »
    actually they are the first kpop group i know cuz of Val's what i did for love~~ lol

what does Sechskies/Jekkies means anyways....??

Sechskies or Sechs kies or 6kies means six crystals in German or Russian. Forgot what lang. but yeah. and jekki is just a nick name for the group. I forgot the name of the fanclub but remember their balloon color is yellow.
    ·
  • han-shihan-shi [ needs a band-aid ] Posts: 15Member
    edited May 2010
    Even if this topic has been pushed back a bit, I just had to reply. Sechskies and H.O.T used to be my favorite boy bands back in the days, so I feel like I have to say something. Though I will admit that I was more of an H.O.T fan, Sechskies were a close favorite of mine due to their initial funky-pop style in their first couple albums. Their style was different from H.O.T, much more influenced by Seo Taiji than their rivals, hehe. Remembering back on an old, old, oooold magazine, almost every single member of Sechskies was a big fan of Seo Taiji's work. I found that very cute.

I've also heard the same horrible rumors of how the members were treated, and how they had to fund their own productions for music videos and even their third album (i think it was their third one, anyway). So terrible. I cried watching their last performance, thinking about how much work and money they put into keeping their group together, only to have it crumble like that.

Anyway, I always had a soft spot for Kang SungHoon and Eun JiWon, but I loved every single one of the members. They were (and still are)_so cute. I tended to pick on JaeDuc's name a lot, though, calling him "Ducky."

:V <---duck emoticon hohoho
    ·
  • MythnoonAMythnoonA Mi Guk Nuna Posts: 5,040Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE (miso1004 @ May 20 2010, 10:49 PM) »
    Sechskies or Sechs kies or 6kies means six crystals in German or Russian. Forgot what lang. but yeah. and jekki is just a nick name for the group. I forgot the name of the fanclub but remember their balloon color is yellow.

It's German, yes. The name of the fanclub is DSF--I think it was Dear Sechskies Friend? I always liked them, but didn't hear their fan club name as often as some other group's.

has anyone heard anything about how Jaejin is doing?
    ·
  • adikkeluangmanadikkeluangman Yours truly KL, MYPosts: 21,578Friend of Soompi

LEGEND

Eun Ji Won reveals why Sechs Kies disbanded

The former group leader of old-school boy band, Sechs Kies, revealed why the group disbanded while making an appearance on KBS 2TV’s “100 Points out of 100.”

Eun Ji Won confessed, “During the time that I was promoting as the leader of Sechs Kies, I brought up the topic of disbandment to my group first. I felt that it was an appropriate time to leave, as we were still receiving love and applause from the public and our fans.”

He continued, “I knew that we all felt the same way, but it was difficult for the topic to be brought up, which is why I just went ahead and asked to disband while we were doing well.”

The other castmates asked why he cried during Sechs Kies’ last stage on May 20, 2000, to which Eun Ji Won replied, “We were disbanding in order to help each other do better, but seeing my fans cry, I began to wonder whether we should have gone longer. But after realizing that those fans might disappear someday, I was more determined in my decision.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/eun-ji-won-reveals-why-sechs-kies-disbanded
    Current watch : Sweden Laundry, Dream Knight
    Looking forward to : L.U.V Collage, Hogu's Love, Flower of the Queen, Ok-i
    ·

LEGEND

Eun Ji Won had no contract while he was in Sechskies

Eun Ji Won recently revealed that he had no contract with his company when he was in the old school group Sechskies.

During the broadcast of SBS “Night After Night”, Eun Ji Won shockingly revealed, “While I was in Sechskies, I didn’t have any contract with the company.”

He added, “It was actually a lot scarier to not have a contract. Even though the door was open for any of the members to leave at any time, we knew that we couldn’t just leave.”

On the other hand, Kim Tae Woo revealed his contract with his company when he was in old school group, g.o.d as he proudly stated, “I think g.o.d had the best contract back then.” The episode aired on the 28th at 11:15pm.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/eun-ji-won-had-no-contract-while-he-was-in-sechskies
    ·
  • ayie77ayie77 Posts: 61Member
    Luv this group...really miss them.. :(
    ·
  • im_cunim_cun Kuala Lumpur MalaysiaPosts: 3,749Member

SUPERSTAR

ayie, u are here too !!! ok, we do it at our forum k ..
    i love Jae Hee, Kim Hee Chul, Eun Ji Won, Kim Min Jong, Song Seung Heon and recently 2PM maknae Chansung  .. ohhh i am happy LOL
    ·
  • im_cunim_cun Kuala Lumpur MalaysiaPosts: 3,749Member

SUPERSTAR

~ 15 APRIL 1997 - 15 APRIL 2011 ~

SECHSKIES ANNIVERSARY 14 YEARS

sechs6ul8.jpg
    i love Jae Hee, Kim Hee Chul, Eun Ji Won, Kim Min Jong, Song Seung Heon and recently 2PM maknae Chansung  .. ohhh i am happy LOL
    ·

LEGEND

Sechskies’ Lee Jae Jin was the artist for Big Bang’s new album

tn_1302486063_-1424180141_0.jpg

Former Sechskies member Lee Jae Jin played a part in Big Bang’s new album.

On April 11th, a representative from YG Entertainment revealed, “In the ‘Big Bang Special Edition’ album that was released a few days ago, there were illustrations of the five members. The artist behind those sketches is none other than Sechskies’s Lee Jae Jin. Lee Jae Jin has considerable talent in drawing and animation, and he was able to exhibit his skills in this album. Lee Jae Jin’s drawings are also a great gift for Big Bang fans.”

In fact, Lee Jae Jin is planning to study animation and design in Japan. He is studying Japanese at the moment and preparing for his studies abroad.

The representative continued, “Lee Jae Jin no longer has any lingering desire to be a singer. After studying animation in Japan, he hopes to find a job [as an animator].”

An interesting fact is that Lee Jae Jin is the older brother of Sweety’s Lee Eun Joo, who is married to YG CEO Yang Hyun Suk.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/sechskies-lee-jae-jin-was-the-artist-for-big-bangs-new-album
    ·
  • MythnoonAMythnoonA Mi Guk Nuna Posts: 5,040Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited April 2011
    thank you, adikkeluangman--I 've been wondering what happened to him because of the trouble he got into about his military service...how he was, etc, because he went through a really bad time...I just wanted to see him doing better, and being busy being a good uncle.

I knew he could draw, but I've never seen more than a few small things. I hope he is doing better. Don't blame him for not wanting to be a gasoo anymore--I sometimes wonder how some can stand the things that happen sometimes, especially almost total loss of privacy.
    ·
  • herlynherlyn Posts: 17Member

ROOKIE

not sure is this thread still alive.

i have a copy of Sechskies' movie - 17.
    however, it is does not have any subtitles at all :(
    so hoping to find a good soul who is willing to do the translation :wub: 
    contact me pls :tears:

·
  • MattsanityMattsanity tdotPosts: 363Member

ROOKIE

this is random but anyone know what kang sung hoon's old school asian hairstyle is called?
    ·
  • djhanzodjhanzo Posts: 1Member
    herlyn wrote on 10 July 2011 - 09:35 PM:

not sure is this thread still alive.

i have a copy of Sechskies' movie - 17.
    however, it is does not have any subtitles at all :(
    so hoping to find a good soul who is willing to do the translation :wub: 
    contact me pls :tears:

Is there anyway you can send me a link to download it? i have it on vhs tape but want it online so i can watch on my computer. please help me. (email: dkbiggs81@gmail.com)
    ·

ROOKIE

djhanzo wrote on 19 April 2012 - 12:47 AM:

Is there anyway you can send me a link to download it? i have it on vhs tape but want it online so i can watch on my computer. please help me. (email: dkbiggs81@gmail.com)

i got it from tudou.  i can try to email the movie to you but there's no subs available
    ·

ROOKIE

herlyn wrote on 27 April 2012 - 02:13 PM:

i got it from tudou.  i can try to email the movie to you but there's no subs available

sorry the file is too big for me to email
    ·
  • craptellycraptelly IQ 160 Posts: 1,140Member

SUPERSTAR

Wow, it's been almost 2 years since this thread was last active!

Are there still any Jekki fans out there? 
    "I am Eun Ji ONE! Not Eun Ji Two, not Eun Ji Three... EUN JI ONE!"
    ·
  • craptellycraptelly IQ 160 Posts: 1,140Member

SUPERSTAR

"I am Eun Ji ONE! Not Eun Ji Two, not Eun Ji Three... EUN JI ONE!"
    ·

LEGEND

First-Generation All-Star Idol Group H.S.g.RG to Return in New Variety Show

The first-generation idol all-star group H.S.g.RG (H.O.T + Sechskies + g.o.d + NRG) will be returning in a new variety show!

H.S.g.RG’s Moon Hee Jun, Eun Ji Won, Chun Myung Hoon and Danny Ahn have already finished pre-recording for this upcoming variety show that will air on OnStyle.

Previously, H.S.g.RG re-gained popularity through the QTV variety show “20th Century Boys.” The group, with the addition of Tony An back then, was an immediately hot topic due to the fierce rivalry that existed among all of the separate groups, especially in the fandoms. However, with all of the members being of the same age, their close friendship allowed them to come together and form a new group.

H.S.g.RG’s popularity allowed them to go on non-cable channel shows such as KBS’ “Immortal Song” and “Happy Together” as they displayed their exceptional team work and strong friendship.

The group was planning on throwing their first concert as H.S.g.RG but due to Tony An‘s illegal gambling issues, it was canceled. Tony An will not be joining H.S.g.RG in this new variety show.

OnStyle sources commented, “It is true that H.S.g.RG is filming a new variety show. However, only parts of the first episode have been recorded. We’re planning on airing it in July but things are still not decided for sure.”

·

LEGEND

H.S.g.R are back to win women's hearts through upcoming variety show 'WISH'

H.S.g.R (H.O.T's Moon Hee Jun, Sechskies' Eun Ji Won, g.o.d's Danny Ahn, and NRG's Chun Myung Hoon) are coming back together again through their upcoming variety show OnStyle's 'WISH' ('Where Is My Super Hero')!

The 'handsome boys of the 20th century' will host a new variety show on which they will seek to win the hearts of women (20-34 years of age) with their hero-like qualities. The show will also follow them on their mission to receive 69,950 likes on their SNS page to hold a guerilla open concert. The 69,950 stands for the number of seats that have to be filled at Jamsil Olympic Stadium for a concert to be sold out.

'WISH' is set to premiere mid-July!

·