Time : 12.15am Friday [KBS2]
First aired : 24th April 2009
Official Website : http://www.kbs.co.kr/2tv/enter/sketchbook/
Toy Soompi Thread : HERE

Guest:
1st week 24.04.2009
Kim Jang-hoon, Lee So-Ra, Lee Seung-Hwan

2009-04-22

Acclaimed musician Yoo Hee-yeol will host a new KBS music show titled “Yoo Hee-yeol’s Sketchbook.” This program follows “Lee Hana’s Peppermint,” which aired its last episode last week.

Having debuted in 1994, Yoo is better known as the leader of a project group, Toy, which invites guest singers for every album. Yoo has kept a low profile on TV, opting to host intimate and music-oriented radio shows instead of appearing on TV programs. He was apparently nervous before the first filming, but wrapped it up like a real professional. He said that he’ll try his best to remain steadfast and true to his music. When asked why he decided to host a TV show after all these years, he answered that he needed to try something new and venture out to the wider world of TV. But he promised to leave the show, if he ever strays away from the course and becomes stale.

The first episode of “Yoo Hee-yeol’s Sketchbook” will be aired on April 24th on KBS 2TV, featuring such noted guest musicians as Lee Seung-hwan, Lee So-ra, and Kim Jang-hoon.

c: KBS World

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest pro000

Isn't it strange that Peppermint lasted for so short period of time? Love Letter was such a long runner. Is there any news of why? I gather this person has a lot to give though, I'm just sorry not to see Lee Ha Na who was such a good host! Truly inspired by Yoon Do-hyun.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest piggypotamus

so peppermint got the axe?

does anybody know where i can find info on lee so-ra's songs?

i loved the first song she sang on sketchbook...

thanks for any info! :)

Guest hseliz

Isn't it strange that Peppermint lasted for so short period of time? Love Letter was such a long runner. Is there any news of why?
I think it ended cause Lee Hana had to film for her upcoming drama, Triple.

Anyway, i hope Sketchbook will last longer than Peppermint.

I watched bits and pieces of Sketchbook's episode and i'm liking it.

Yoo HeeYeol-sshi's mc-ing is less awkward and i hope that the

show will invite guests like Peppermints' guests.

Guest adikkeluangman

I watched the first episode at KBSW on last Friday 5.00pm. I just random browsing the channel. I forgot to check out the time. Anyway, Yoo Hee Yeol is nice and skinny. He seems friendly and nervous. Maybe this is his first time although he also a DJ. Actually there was another group before Kim Jang Hoon, that is Scissor Sister or something like that.

Lee Seung Hwan performances always awesome. He is really good buddy with Yoo Hee Yeol. Lee Sora also cool. She previously also MC for this show before Yoon Do Hyun Love Letter. I always loves Kim Jang Hoon. I never heard the song that he performed in that show. But I realized that he sang one of the songs that show with the credit.

Looking forward for next week show.

Guest pro000

Younha appeared on episode 5 (22th of May) and also Kara made a surprise visit on the show, which the host didn't know about! (Kara sings their Honey very shortly for Yoo Hee Yeol who seems to be a fan of theirs, as far as I can tell...) And apparently, the collaboration Younha did with Toy on "Clear Skies in Seoul All Day" is in fact this guy Yoo Hee Yeol. I didn't really know of him, so I didn't make the connection myself. And she sings that song dam well! And get great response from the audience in the end with Cherry bomb (by The Runaways)

awww

lee hana's peppermint was so short

sad that Hana is busy for her upcoming project/filming

hehe

oh well

Yoo Hee Yeol's sketchbook is another new generation after Yoon Do Hyun's Love Letter and Hana's ppm yeah?

i still miss YDH's love letter alot though :[

Guest adikkeluangman

I love it when YHY do the introducing. Like how he said that this show is all about good looking and isn't that he also like that and how he said now we start with the page 2 of the show not episode. Well, it based on KBSW translation. He really laughed it out loud. He like he will squat down whenever he cannot control laughing. It cute and also the audience evaluation segment. It hilarious.

I only watched from KBSW and not the KR one. So I guess maybe some part been edited already.

Page 2

Uhm Jung Hwa - Come To Me in latin version. The talk are great.

Kim Jang Hoon & Yong Jong Shin - I like KJH and when he do the nice gesture to YJS is so nice. I love it when he said that he will be not the regular guest but he tried to make time if YHY call him on Monday so he can do adjustment on his plan. Does KJH release new song coz he don't sing his old song.

오지은 - Her voice is great and she an indie singer. what her name again.

Jo Sung Mo - He looks skinny and his voice is great. actually i never like to watch his perform before.

Page 3

Shin Dong Yeop - He was cool. I never thought he can sing well... he was senior of YHY.

InSooni - She was great as usual. During the talk he like so star struck.

Common Ground - Hilarious performance. So cool.

Kim Jang Hoon - the sketch is amazing.. yeah but i meet david copyfield. LOL.

Is it all singers or I missing someone here.

Yep, i think YHY is fan of KARA coz when the talk with Insooni, he asked her for help to get KARA signature CD. and also when he talks with Common Ground.

Guest worldhascertainabsolutes

This show is really growing on me.

Much better than Lee Hana's Peppermint. His honesty and candor is so refreshing and it's nice to see singers who warm up to him instantly, unlike the awkward silences in the previous show. And he really knows his stuff!

My prediction is that this show will become a cult fav soon.

I only watched from KBSW and not the KR one. So I guess maybe some part been edited already.

Which part are you referring to . . . Episode One aka Page One was with Lee Sora, Lee Seung Hwan & Kim Jang Hoon as stated in your first posting.

Page 3

Is it all singers or I missing someone here.

of all his guests, how could you leave Yurisangja out, though KBSW always changes Yurisangja to GlassBox (literal translation).

Guest adikkeluangman

Oh, my. How come I can missed YuriSangja. :o Gotta love their Gee.

Page 4

SG Wannabe - I missed their 1st part. How can I say, i looooveeee these boys. the voices and showmanship are great. i think yoo hee yeol gonnal loves them like how yoon do hyun before. the best part when yoo hee yeol said about their dinner show coz it rare young singer to do that but except them.

Bobby Kim & Lyn - It was so good. No wonder Lyn been featuring so much coz she don't charge at all just give her purse or something. So sweet and nice.

Lyn & H-Eugene - First time to hear for this song

Kim Jang Hoon - He is so energetic and lovable. His perf awesome as usual. Gonna miss him on the show.

The way Yoo Hee Yeol talk and his shameless laughing antics is precious. He don't care about his image and always like to boast about how good he looks and stuff. How he is so comfortable with the guest also is important.

Guest adikkeluangman

Page 5 at KBSW today.

* Kim Jin Pyo & Jandi - I still remember the last song of him. His rapping is cool. Somehow when I saw his face it remind me of Bobby Kim. They talked about their music and also about their life. JP was hospitalized before this and how his wife keep taking care of him beside have a baby too.

* Younha & KARA - Hee Yeol talk highly about Younha and his fangirling towards KARA is totally cute. He doesn't know about the girls will coming and his face totally red and his reaction. I found YT link during interview with Younha and KARA

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emTo5HPIHrU

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANaS0IShB80

* Mate - My relative coming so I missed the talk. They have great people working for their album. Their song are nice too. Since the people that work with them are also friends with Hee Yeol so it made things more interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE5l05Au9Gc

* Giovanni Allevi - I tottally missed out this. I only saw a foreigner playing piano. But I found the YT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO-UTxlKFK0

This show is keep going interesting. I like how the guest is somehow related with Yoo Hee Yeol in music wise. I hope someone will upload the clip from KBSW. and also other performances by other singers too.

Guest pro000

Episode 8 has Park Myung-soo AND Yoo Jae-suk! When Myung-soo appeared first I think he got the biggest cheer I've ever heard on this and all preious shows!

K. Will really shows what he got lol! Reminds me of how Wheesung came on Peppermint and did his pitches.

Guest adikkeluangman

Last week epi at KBSW was re-run of Ep. 2. I hope they will air new show this week. I want to see Wheesung.

Guest adikkeluangman

Page 6 at KBSW last week.

* Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter - a veteran rock band. They look cool. When they play instrumental music was awesome. Isn't that they performed at HB 09? I also agreed that their name is kinda mouthful and thank god the fans resort to call them '4seasons'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYW_zZo1FU

* Wheesung

From allkpop: Wheesung was recently one of the featured artists in Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook, which is the follow-up show of both Yoon Do Hyun's Loveletter (which sadly ended after airing for more than 6 years) and Lee Hana's Peppermint (which was a total failure). If you guys never watched this music program, you should definitely check it out. Unlike teenie bopper music shows like Inkigayo, Music Bank, and more, it only invites truly talented musicians and features many underground artists who deserve to get more attention.

Anyways, Wheesung sat down for the interview, and the topic strayed to his passion for dancing. He said, "I don't even know why I became a singer" because his only wanted to become the world's greatest dancer, never a singer. He later mentioned how he was the official backdancer for SES. When Yoo Hee Yeol asked him to dance to SES's "I'm Your Girl", he immediately refused, saying, "I don't remember the dance at all", but you can see that he is already getting ready to begin dancing.

Then, BAM! The music turns on, and before you know it, Wheesung, the singer with the soulful voice and charisma, puts a cheesy smile on his face and begins to dance to the perky song.

I don't know about you guys, but I enjoyed Wheesung's cute dance. He can do that for me anytime.

20090606wheesung1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0B8UGeH_Nc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChKQ8mLVpcY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChKQ8mLVpcY

I saw excited to see he performed again. Every time he had new music and sound.

* Linus's blanket - Their music is so sweet. Love the vocalist voice. They are not ugly. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9aJtlmuCgk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTvoMLLKoZ0

* Uptown - Been long time not listen to them. I wonder who is the new girl n boy. They just been introduced and performed no talking with Yoo Hee Yeol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bECWQgjSM0o

Archived