Blackberry Bold 9700 or Samsung Captivate

Guest rOxanne

Guest rOxanne

New phone whee :)
Hey everyone! I'm getting a new phone on Sunday and I've narrowed it down to four--the Blackberry Bold 9700 or Sony Xperia X10. I'm not really sure which to choose, because even though they are all smart phones, their features are quite different. I like the big, clear touchscreen and the 8.1 megapixel camera on the Sony but the Blackberry seems very professional and easy to use, and BBMing seems like a cool feature to have. Does anyone have any thoughts on these phones? For reference, I'm with AT&T and the cost doesn't really matter. I'm also a senior in college, if that helps at all. Thanks so much!

***EDIT***So after everyone on here saying I should try looking up the Samsung Captivate, I did some research and now it's down to the Blackberry and Captivate lol :) Does anyone know how the battery life on the Captivate is? It worries me because it has SUCH a big screen and one of the negatives on the Xperia was its low battery life :(

blackberry-bold-9700-review.png

http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_bold_9700-2963.php

samsung-captivate-smartphone.jpg

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i897_captivate-3408.php

Guest geex4babyx3

The XPERIA X10 has Android 1.6 which is incredibly outdated (2.1 should be minimum; 2.2 preferred). 2.1 upgrade by the end of the year, hopefully. What makes you prefer these over the Samsung Captivate or the iPhone 4?

Guest rOxanne

The XPERIA X10 has Android 1.6 which is incredibly outdated (2.1 should be minimum; 2.2 preferred). 2.1 upgrade by the end of the year, hopefully. What makes you prefer these over the Samsung Captivate or the iPhone 4?

I've had other Samsung phones before and they were never really that well made to me. the iPhone 4 is out of my price range since it does require a $100 plan a month and I'm currently on a family plan. Otherwise, I would have loved to get the iphone but alas :(

Do you know if you can update the Android operating system if it comes out later? I was reading that Android 2.1 is supposed to be coming with the Xperia sometime September-December of this year so I'm just wondering if you could maybe download an update...

I personally find blackberry phones to be quite hideous... Not aesthetically pleasing at all.

I suggest you try out the Samsung Galaxy series if your'e into smartphones. It'll likely change your mind about Samsung.

Captivate, Vibrant, Fascinate, or whatever galaxy s models there are in the market.

Guest autumnleavesx

Yeah, like the others have mentioned, try out the Samsung Captivate. The Galaxy series are undoubtedly the best handsets to come from Samsung and they're also some of the most well reviewed phones out there, much better than the X10 which has been known to be quite sluggish as well as being a bit outdated...

Neither. Blackberrys are so ugly imo and the X10 looks like it's going to suck. If you're AT&T, you should get an iPhone 4 or Samsung Captivate imo. All smartphones require a data plan anyway -- it's not like only iPhones are more expensive. AT&T started having two different data plans so you could get the cheaper $15 one instead of the $25 one.

Guest rOxanne

Neither. Blackberrys are so ugly imo and the X10 looks like it's going to suck. If you're AT&T, you should get an iPhone 4 or Samsung Captivate imo. All smartphones require a data plan anyway -- it's not like only iPhones are more expensive. AT&T started having two different data plans so you could get the cheaper $15 one instead of the $25 one.

I would get an iphone but we're updating our plan through letstalk.com and they don't have the iphone as an option. letstalk.com offers cheaper phones and waives all the fees so it's the only way my dad agreed to let me finally get a data plan lol

Guest bao-bao

I would wait a bit before purchasing a phone because Windows Phone 7 is coming out at the end of the year and also some high-end Android phones possibly running 3.0

But if you want to get one now I would choose the Samsung as the Blackberry menus look extremely bland! Samsung's offer more customisation imo

Archived