Hana Yori Dango, Meteor Garden or Boys Before Flowers?

Guest ritahui

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tynice

i can't choose between matsujun and lee minho! jerry yan also did well..

before watching jp version, i already hated it knowing that the cast is not as handsome as kr version. but as i watched the jp version, i can't help but fall in love with it! everything about it is just awesome!

1.) japanese version

2.) korean version

3.) taiwanese version (it's been years since i've watched this drama so i kinda forgot what happened)

Guest royalpirate.

Hana Yori Dango was the best out of all.

The actors were great and the director made the story flow better.

BBF is good too, but not as good as HYD.

Guest traveler

Minho

Shun

Bummie

Joon

Makino

Inoue Mao

I like Boys Over Flowers better just bc Mino<3

But it is tough bc I definitely like Shun better than HJ :x

Guest deeLOVELY

1. Jun Mastsumoto

- When I first saw HYD, I thought tsuaska was really ugly

but his acting completely changed my mind and made me fall in love with his character, a complete 360

I like Jun Pyo but one thing that irked me was how jun pyo handled jandi whenever he was mad.

I mean he would grab her around the collar just like he would beat up any other guy..wtf?!

2. Oguri Shun

-PERFECT, jihoo cant act..I thought he was cute until they chopped off his beautiful hair

3. Shota

- I love Kim Bum, he is the only good looking one for me but he has such a baby face.

It's really awkward seeing him flirt with girls and he has too much angst

I like Kim bum and kim so eun though - cute

Yuki and Shota storyline- they didnt end up together, disappointment in that part

4. Abe Tsuyoshi

- I liked Akira because they gave a reason why he liked older ladies, I thought that was cute and it made him different from Shota's character

I dont even know the guys name in BOF

There's also a lot of useless random scenes

he's like some random guy who happened to be in f4 and his stupid storyline of being part of the mob

5. Tsukushi - Makino

- Hate Jandi, her outbursts annoyed the shiz out of me,

she's too weak IMO- its all mopey mopey sad sad, god I want to slap her

6. Hana Yori Dango

- LOVE the city vibe it gave, I mean c'mon its tokyo and nyc

got right to the point and there was a huge amount chemistry between all the cast members

there are way too many scenes between jihoo and jandi,

I really started to think that they really DO belong together,

and they actually put some bonding scenes between the fiance and jun pyo.

It looks like he's not even trying to stay away from her and

I hate that he stills calls her monkey when he knows she thinks its some cutesy nickname.

Besides that, it is DRAGGING like crazy! omgg

so many unnecessary scenes,

like constantly showing her swimming. I mean they dedicated at least 30 minutes total of her swimming and other crap.

I mean OKAY I get it, she likes to swim.

Jandi's family annoy me

Some of the extra storyline lines, are way too dramatic

HYD OST was absolutely PERFECT

BOFs.... almost made me want to put it on mute -1st half

2nd half, not so bad - it just reminded me of goong

I watched a couple of episodes of MG but couldnt stand it- maybe I'll try again

Guest goodnessgracious

Hands down, Hana Yori Dango is the best. It has a dynamic plot, decent actors, it is funny, it has mind-blowing chemistry between Tsukushi and Tsukasa and it is very different from other Japanese dramas I've seen. Hana Yori Dango has a perfect combination of sad, funny and romantic moments. It is not too dramatic and doesn't have any draggy moments. I was not very happy with Matsujun at first, but he won me over with his Baka-Domyoji.

Guest K_a_n

I still like Hana Yori Dango the best because I loved the main three cast. I don't think anyone can play Tsukushi better than Inoue Mao...well at least not going over the top either. Oguri Shun was made for the part of Hanazawa Rui and surprisingly, Matsumoto Jun was really great in the role of Domyouji. Also the fact that HYD was straight to the point unlike BBF, I don't recall a time where I would want to pause an episode because I got the least bored like I do with BBF at times. I don't think Kim Hyun Joong is good at acting, but you can tell he's trying. I like Goo Hye Sun, but I don't like the character of Jan Di because she is way too out of line LOL.

But for the side couple like Yuki and Soujiro (Ga Eul and Yi Jeong), I prefer the Korean version. I've never seen Meteor Garden before so I can't offer my opinion on it. xD

Guest THYDAISCOOL

for me it was

lee minho

shun <3

kibum

the guys in the japanese ver

makino

and my favorite ones is the japanese version

shun is a plus lmao

i'm sorry, i'm a huuuuuuge BBF fan, like mad, but i'd have to say
hana yori dango
is the best, in my opinion.

i think in HYD, the episodes are like 45ish minutes each right? in each episode, they neverrrr drag anything, which is something BBF and most korean dramas do, LOL. AND korean dramas are like, an hour, and sometimes you feel like they never get to the point until the very end and you're just like .. WTF? LOL.

definitely definitely agree with k_a_n; i think inoue mao was really really good at playing makino. and i LOVED matsujun as domyouji!

goo hyesun is definitely cute and she's good, but nothing compares to inoue xD. and i really really like lee minho too, but matsujun takes the cake.

minho is really good at the GRAAAWRRANGRY scenes and it looks believable when he cries, but matsujun had this different feeling to him.

ALSO! i think looking at junpyo when he looks at jandi, i can totally see how he loves her and all that, sooo.

and LMAO "baka-domyouji" <333

and now for the rest of F4:

i liked oguri for the role of rui because i think he really showed the right emotions in the situations he was in.

for hyunjoong, i think he's cute and all and i know he's trying really hard to act, but i think he needs to stop with the eye bulging and the staring into space thing. but he seems to be able to say how much he likes jandi in BBF, but in HYD, it took rui a while to (if i remember correctly haha).

i do like kimbum, i think he's cute. but GAH, what is with the eye-bulging he does too?! the parts when it makes me happy he's in BBF is when you saw him at the pottery wheel all happy and when he's looking at ga-eul with that smile and sparkle in his eye (SOEULMATES, lol).

matsudo was good .. definitely played his part right.

and for kim joon, i think he's pretty good at acting .. he just doesn't get enough parts in BBF. like it seems like he wants to get involved more,

but can't really because it's not in the script LOL.

and abe, honestly, i didn't really pay attention to him in HYD lol. i don't really remember what he did ROFL o____o

+ overall, BBF is good if you like the usual draggy, over-dramatic, HEY LET'S PUT ANOTHER SONG IN THIS SCENE, drama, but as of right now,

i really don't see anything moving between the junpyo/jandi relationship and it's aggravating me. episode 19 aired already and i feel like nothing's moving along here.

as in HYD, it had 9 episodes in season 1, and that had more stuff in those 9 than BBF's 12 episodes for season 1!

i looooove BBF, but if i had to compare it to HYD, HYD FTW

no offense to anyone lols.

i haven't watched meteor garden so i can't really say anything about it lol.

here to edit
: i finally finished watching meteor garden and i have to say i STILL think HYD is better than both meteor garden and BBF. i was fast-forwarding more than half of the series. i thought it was so boring >___>; but it did have it's cute parts.

and LOL. i've been reading some of the newer posts and it seems a lot of people thought BBF was a waste of 25 hours XDD;

yes, they did have a large amount of eye candy and it seems like they spent a huge amount of money on it to make it all pretty with the props and flying to different parts of the world to shoot scenes,

but other than that, it seems like the script was screwed up. in the beginning, it had a LOT of potential, i was expecting to love it more than HYD,

but SOMETHING happened and the show just went down for me.

while it was airing, i was unpatiently waiting monday and tuesday nights for subs to come out, and the following week it ended, it doesn't even seem like i even watched it all.

i wouldn't say BBF was a waste of my time because it did have some good parts to it, but UGHHHH WTF. it could've been so much better.

veryyyy very disappointed with BBF @___@

Guest deeLOVELY

and now for the rest of F4:

i liked oguri for the roll of rui because i think he really showed the right emotions in the situations he was in.

for hyunjoong, i think he's cute and all and i know he's trying really hard to act, but i think he needs to stop with the eye bulging and the staring into space thing. but he seems to be able to say how much he likes jandi in BBF, but in HYD, it took rui a while to (if i remember correctly haha).

i do like kimbum, i think he's cute. but GAH, what is with the eye-bulging he does too?! the parts when it makes me happy he's in BBF is when you saw him at the pottery wheel all happy and when he's looking at ga-eul with that smile and sparkle in his eye (SOEULMATES, lol).

matsudo was good .. definitely played his part right.

sorry about cutting your post but I noticed that too hahah

Guest luthien

To be fair, I might hold off my final choice until I finish BOF. :D

One thing I'm sure of, Inoue Mao is better as Makino. If you read the manga, there will be times that you will hate the heroine. She gets on your nerves at times and might end up annoying you. I somewhat experienced this in Nodame Cantabile the drama. Although the presentation of HYD as well as Mao's acting have this "manga"-like style, she remains lovable and charming. I like how Mao can appear so plain when deglamourized. But once she pampers herself a bit, she's so cute and very pretty! These make me understand why Domyouji and Rui are so drawn into her character.

GHS, does she have trouble speaking straight? Or is it just over-acting? I haven't seen her in her other dramas, so I don't know how she normally acts. Of all the characters in HYD, my most favorite is not Domyouji nor Rui... but Makino. While I'm mesmerized by LMH's Domyouji, BOF's GHS failed to charm me. So I wonder, what does JP and JH see in her? That might seem such a big deal if I have to think hard about it.... but usually, it doesn't stop me from being addicted and enjoying the drama.

Then again, just as .blah says, each version is unique in its own way. A

Guest ethopia

of course HYD!!... loved the chemistry between Mao and Jun.. i am same with one person who post earlier that at first when i saw

the casts i was like this is domyouji?? he's wayyyy skinny and his features are kinda like girlishy type.. but after some few episodes

in which domyouji met makino i started falling in love with tsukasa... loved all the things he'd done for makino... and after that i became a

super huge fan of MatsuJun ... i loved F3 too... they really indeed have chemistry... and its not too dragging... every episode keeps me off my seat... loved it from season 1 to the movie..

I love BOF too.. but the thing is there are more dragging episodes lately.. i loved it from 1 to 11 or 12 i think.. coz JP was also their

for JD and the sweet moments they shared.. but after the macua scene it really dragged for me... ( season 2 is what they say)... there are

lots of JH and JD moments.. no offense to the fans of JH.. but its beginning to look like the story is about JH and JD.. its not!!... i know

that in the end it will still be JD and JP...

MG.. loved only season 1 :)

ok

1.HYD

2.BOF

3.MG

Guest novemberbaby

The actress who played Makino Tsukushi is Inoue Mao. You just have Tsukushi - Makino in the poll. :sweatingbullets:

I have yet to catch up on BoF so I can't count that, can I?

I wouldn't say the best but my favorite so far is Hana Yori Dango. Inoue Mao's portrayal of the character Tsukushi was so interesting to watch. Very spunky and seemed more down to earth than Barbie Hsu's portrayal. As for Doumyouji...perhaps it's because Matsujun has a quality like his character that makes him more convincing. (Matsujun fans should know what I'm referring to - DoS) And no beats Oguri Shun's Rui. Perfect...and yet very human xD

I have a short attention span so 40-50 minute episodes are perfect. HYD was just like that. And there were only nine episodes. Its sequel was longer but better. No draggy scenes at all.

And the chemistry between Jun and Mao is strong. They DO look like a real couple.

...so it's been about 3-4 years since HYD first aired and I'm still hooked. xD

Guest doremii*

storyline --> meteor garden (it stayed the most true to the manga imo)

cast ---> HYD (better chemistry, overall good acting)

physical resemblance to manga characters ---> BOF (I think Kim Hyun Joong and Goo Hye Sun look almost identical to their manga counterparts)

as for the characters:

Domyouji: even though I think he's extremely ugly, Jun had the best portrayal of DT imo LMH's JP is getting so out of character in the recent episodes of BOF, and I can't stand Jerry Yan

Rui: Oguri Shun

Makino: Inoue Mao

Soujiro: the Japanese guy. Kim Bum looks like he's 12 sometimes and I don't even remember the guy in the Taiwanese version

Akira: the Japanese guy.

Guest s_h_a_d_o_w

HYD hands down.

The chemistry between Makino and Domyouji was undeniable, just like what someone said they're like a real couple. Gosh, I miss that show! <3

I like BBF/BOF too, it amuses me.. although now it feels like it's taking too long and still has to impress me. :lol: But I like it.. HYD still #1 though! :D I keep thinking about MISA when I see the okasama in BBF. :lol:

Guest vee.pee

If i choose between MG or HYD, HYD for sure :D

MG was crap.

HYD or BOF. HYD was so goood, but i like Boy Over Flowers more (L)

I have to finish BOF before choosing

but for the characters..

Inoue Mao (Makino)for HYD==>i love how she portrayed her character, it was OVER THE TOP and she still looked amazing. No offense to Jandi but sometimes she's just TOO MUCH on screen hehe..especially the faces she's making

OGURI for HYD==>It has to be Oguri. HANDS DOWN.

KIM BUM for BOF==>OMG GAEUL and YI JEONG couple is one reason i watch BOF.They have more chemistry than the lead stars. They don't annoy me and i'm actually looking forward that they end up together.

Boys Over Flowers. It is not as fast paced as HYD nor too slow like MG.

I'm gonna be straightforward.

BOF and MG's F4 looks like the F4 i can expect, HYD's F4 cant give me the tall and handsome image im sorry. japanese guys arent tall.:P MG and BOF's F4 looks good.

As for the storyline, BOF too.

I only voted for HYD's Makino and the rest are all Korea's BOF.

Archived