93129645.pngsummer 2009 partial list

93129645.pngspring 2009 partial list

-----

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest knockblock

You know, there used to be a poster who update on the news around anime. I don't think that person is around anymore. If you'd like to, you can. It'd be nice.

Some old familiar shows are back for a return.

• 2 months later...
Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

Monthly listing of the new animes coming out. The links lead to the anime's official site.

Spring 2009

February:

• Fresh Precure! [2/1/09]
    "Nozomi Yumehara finds a magical book, the Dream Collet, and meets Coco and Nuts who transform her into the magical girl Cure Dream and turn four of her fellow students into her Pretty Cure team, They must restore their world that has been destroyed buy the Nightmares."

• Mahou Sensei Negima! ~Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba OAD Episode 3 [2/4/09]
    "After the exhilarating school life, Negi Springfield has finally decided to form his own combat team under the disguise of a normal school club; so called the Ala Alba or White Wing. Supported by his classmates and advised by Evangeline A.K. McDowell, this team was aim to embark into the Magus world in search of Negi's father, Nagi Springfield...or anything that may relate to him."

• Denpateki na Kanojo [2/4/09]
    "The story centers on a belligerent delinquent named Jū Jūzawa and a strange girl named Ame Ochibana who suddenly vows complete loyalty to him. "Denpa teki na Kanojo" or literally, "electromagnetic girlfriend," refers to the denpa-kei sub-genre of stories imply that bizarre behaviors are caused by electromagnetic waves."
    (this only has a 40 min episode)

• Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuuutsu [2/13/09]
    "Kadokawa's Monthly Shonen Ace magazine will announce that Puyo's The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-chan (Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yūutsu) four-panel gag manga and Eretto's Nyorōn Churuya-san parody manga will both be animated as web shorts. The Kadokawa Channel on Google's YouTube video-sharing service will distribute the shorts online. Puyo has drawn The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-chan manga as the "official gag manga" of Nagaru Tanigawa and Noizi Ito's The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya light novels for both Shonen Ace and Kadokawa's The Sneaker magazine since July of last year."

• xxxholic Shunmuki [2/17/09]
    "What material they cover has not been confirmed yet.CLAMP-NET.COM no longer states its release for January, as it was first announced. Instead, the release date of XXXHOLiC's first OAD has been pushed to February/2009."

• Kodomo no Jikan Second Term OVA Episode 1 [2/20/09]
    "The new anime series will follow after the story of the Kodomo no Jikan television series and cover the elementary schoolgirl characters' time in fourth grade."

• Zettai Shougeki ~Platonic Hearts~ OVA Episode 5 [2/25/09]
    "Walking home from school Aya Iseshima stumbles upon a brutal brawl between two girls fighting over something called the "Platonic Heart". Being a martial arts master herself Aya interferes in the fight to break it up. After wards, Aya befriends one of the fighters and finds out the Platonic Heart is a jewel that can grant one wish for any girl that possesses it and there is a battle royal tournament going on for its control. Unfortunately for Aya it seems her interference has now registered her as a participant in the fight and it looks like there's no way out but to win."

• Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA Episode 1 [2/25/09]
    "The software developer Ryukishi07 (Seventh Expansion) revealed on Wednesday that the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni franchise's first video anime series, the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei collection of side stories, will begin shipping on December 26 on DVD and one month later on Blu-ray Disc in Japan. The first of five volumes, "Hajisarashi," will be a gag story set in the municipal swimming pool. The next three volumes, which will be the "Saikoroshi" arc, will be a serious drama involving one of the story's heroines after the resolution of the two previous television series. This arc will be released between February and June of next year. The final volume, "Hirukowashi" on August of 2009, will be a slapstick romantic comedy based on a novel spinoff from the Higurashi Daybreak game, which is being ported to the PSP."

• Switch OVA Episode 2 [2/27/09]
    "Two newbies at the Narcotic Control Department in Japan, Hal and Kai, struggle against: drug dealers, gangs, murderers, psychopaths, mysterious organizations, and mad people in general. The gentle and caring one of the group, Kai, who has problems of his own, has the tendency of turning into a lethal killing machine in certain scenarios. The way he acts changes like that of a "switch". As the two do their job, answers of what is behind Kai's strange behavior and who exactly he is, is revealed."

-----

credits: fansub.tv, ann, myanimelist.net,animeallstars

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AngelEagle

List of 2009 Spring Anime

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari

La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~

Cookin' Idol Ai! Mai! Main!

Clone wars

Marie & Gali

Mainichi Kāsan

Charady no Joke na Mainichi

Sengoku Basara

Queen's Blade -Rurō no Senshi-

Pandora Hearts

K-ON!

Basquash!

Phantom~Requiem for the Phantom~

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Higepiyo

Hayate the Combat Butler!!

Gokujō!! Mecha Mote Iinchō

Shin Mazinger Shōgeki! Z-Hen

Beyblade

Dragon Ball GT

Jewel Pet

Cross Game

Fullmetal Alchemist (TV 2)

Before Green Gables

Hanasakeru Seishōnen

Guin Saga

Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity-

Natsu no Arashi!

Shangri-La

Tears to Tiara

Saki

Valkyria Chronicles

07-Ghost

Sōten Kōro

Ristorante Paradiso

Eden of The East

Hatsukoi Limited

Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica crimson S

Asura Cryin'

credit: msosos @ youtube

here is the video of the whole list... --->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtHg-eluRYQ

-----

so excited for la corda!! but i wish it was more than 2 episodes

i can't wait for episode 2.

I'm also excited for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Pandora Hearts was good too.

Guest ~fantasygurl~

summer anime better be worth it caz i just dumped the ones that wasnt worth watching

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

Summer 2009

* partial list

Bakemonogatari

i013014734.gif

Studio: SHAFT

Plot Summary: The short stories in NisiOisin’s two volumes of Bakemonogatari deal with a high school boy named Koyomi Araragi and strange students he encounters. (”Bakemonogatari” is a wordplay on the Japanese term bakemono for supernatural creatures and the term monogatari for stories.)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPgwOt0Q_98

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

tokyomagnitude.jpg

The premise of the project is the 70% or higher possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. The anime will depict what would happen if an 8.0 earthquake took place. BONES will attempt to realistically portray the consequences of such a tremor after collecting data on actual earthquakes and interviewing people.

The story will center on Mirai, a middle school freshman girl who goes to Tokyo’s artificial Odaiba Island for a robot exhibition with her brother Yutaka at the start of summer vacation. A powerful tremor emanates from an ocean trench, the famed Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge crumble and fall, and the landscape of Tokyo changes in an instant. With the help of a motorcycle delivery woman named Mari who they meet on Odaiba, Mirai and Yutaka strive to head back to their Setagaya home in western Tokyo.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTjpjnrhSp4&

Aoi Hana

aoihana.jpg

In the original manga’s story, Fumi and Akira were close childhood friends until Fumi had to move away. Ten years after losing touch with each other, the two girls meet again as high school freshmen. The two struggle to reconnect after so much has changed, and both deal with the trials and tribulations of high school — sometimes independently and sometimes with each other’s help.

Trailer: (no footage from anime) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdYIBivrX28

Miyamoto Musashi: Sōken ni Haseru Yume

miyamotomusashi.jpg

Production I.G has provided Anime News Network with an English Language trailer for Mamoru Oshii and Mizuho Nishikubo’s Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai. Oshii developed and wrote this story about Musashi, the real-life swordsmen who pioneered the Hyōhō Niten Ichi-ryū style of two-sword fighting and wrote The Book of Five Rings classic on military strategy. The movie is planned theatrical release in Japan in early summer. (ANN)

Trailer: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/video/1622/

Guest KuYA II

i just hope that skip beat has a second season

one of the only new anime's i'm looking forward to. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

so far there is only two that interest me...

i have a feeling the summer anime is not going to be as good as the spring.

i will wait to see if any fall/winter anime will be good.

Guest daniMIAMI

YUSSSSSSSSS. Thank you for posting up the list! I can't wait for the Umineko anime, the game was just genius. I'm a big fan of the Naku Koro ni series. d: Tokyo Maginatude 8.0 looks pretty kick-
richard simmons
. <33333

Guest Take Five

^definitely looking forward to umineko. i only finished the first game just now but i thought it was great. i'm also looking forward to tokyo magnitude, ZSZS, canaan, and maybe spice and wolf 2 after i finish the first one.

Archived