Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

{Soompi Fashion Portfolio | | Asian Fashion Modeled On Real Girls & Guys }

Replies

• messiemessmessiemess Posts: 10Member
    Just a question. When you receive an item that looks similar to the stock photo but the colour is off, what do you do? Do you complain and ask for a refund? Or do you just leave it alone?
  • fuzzylove&lt;3fuzzylove<3 Posts: 286Member

ROOKIE

messiemess wrote on 21 February 2012 - 10:01 PM:

Just a question. When you receive an item that looks similar to the stock photo but the colour is off, what do you do? Do you complain and ask for a refund? Or do you just leave it alone?

I think that comes with the risk of buying from wholesale websites, unfortunately. Dealing with customer service is usually a hassle (just from my own personal experiences), and shipping the item back would usually cost more than the item is actually worth. If i can make the incorrect item work, I usually just accept it as a slight loss or sell it on ebay/give to family or friends.
    messiemess
  • anlianli Posts: 193Member
    edited March 2012
    Review for Tokyo Fashion (Mayuki):

I have a massive review for Tokyo Fashion on my blog...I would post it here directly, but I don't want my photos to be used elsewhere, and also it's ridiculously long/photo-heavy (I bought 16 things and reviewed each one individually, plus photos of packaging and a price comparison with YesStyle).

These are the stock photos for some of the things I bought (with the color/s I got at the top); check out my review if you're interested.

Black and White
    1023251031111171.jpg

Navy
    1018287051109221.jpg

Dark pink
    101733006110919.jpg

Navy and Red
    101737106110915.jpg

Black and Camel
    1027372031112221.jpg

Black
    1020010041110201.jpg
    I Am Not High Fashion (blog)
    Looking for Taiwanese stores that ship overseas? Check out this list!
    Tokyo Fashion review and shopping guide // PG Beauty review and shopping guide
    LT&amp;lt;3elysium.fuzzylove&lt;3JiveAznangel616
  • oh_my_pizzaoh_my_pizza Posts: 61Member, New Member
    edited February 2012
    anli wrote on 21 February 2012 - 11:22 PM:

Review for Tokyo Fashion (Mayuki):

awesome review, thanks!
  • xkatxrinaxxkatxrinax Posts: 136Member, New Member

ROOKIE

I would love to order from tokyo fashion on their auction site but I can't understand anything on it :( I wish it had an option for english :(
    edited March 2012
    xkatxrinax wrote on 22 February 2012 - 03:53 AM:

I would love to order from tokyo fashion on their auction site but I can't understand anything on it :( I wish it had an option for english :(

Overseas buyers order by email :) They have an overseas buyer page with instructions but I think it's still a little confusing so I made a guide in English :D I hope that's helpful! I've heard that you can email them in English; they'll respond in Chinese but you can run it through Google translate and it'll be okay.
    cinjinCrunchLT&amp;lt;3JivehellobbysecretlyjustyoursToadie
  • amaritudoamaritudo Posts: 179Member

IDOL

Just made a test purchase on Taobao! All from the same Taobao seller, tell me if you want anything to be reviewed when I get it!

T2RzWnXg8XXXXXXXXX_!!169364301.jpgT2CjOnXktXXXXXXXXX_!!169364301.jpg
    65 RMB = ~10 CAD

T2CzKnXlFXXXXXXXXX_!!169364301.jpg
    59 RMB =~9 CAD

T2jYqeXeRaXXXXXXXX_!!169364301.jpg
    45 RMB =~7 CAD (in yellow)

Shipping is 8 RMB (~1 CAD) for everything since I bought everything from the same shop.
  • xkatxrinaxxkatxrinax Posts: 136Member, New Member

ROOKIE

anli wrote on 22 February 2012 - 06:01 AM:

Overseas buyers order by email :) They have an overseas buyer page with instructions but I think it's still a little confusing so I made a guide in English :D I hope that's helpful! I've heard that you can email them in English; they'll respond in Chinese but you can run it through Google translate and it'll be okay.

Thanks for the guide :) It will definitely come in handy in the near future :D
  • ToadieToadie CanadaPosts: 408Member

IDOL

amaritudo wrote on 22 February 2012 - 11:39 AM:

Can you review the blouse and the graphic tee please ?:^) Btw, did you order from michicai taobao? because it doesn't exist anymore e_e;
    Please read the signature rules
    xkatxrinax wrote on 22 February 2012 - 09:34 AM:

Thanks for the guide :) It will definitely come in handy in the near future :D

You're welcome! ^___^

Toadie wrote on 22 February 2012 - 10:29 AM:

Can you review the blouse and the graphic tee please ?:^) Btw, did you order from michicai taobao? because it doesn't exist anymore e_e;

I think the store name is michicat.
  • chrissatineechrissatinee Brooklyn, NYPosts: 7,219Member

IDOL

itsmefashion/itsmestyle:

This is my second time ordering from them and I love their clothes. But their shipping fee is suspicious. Both Zipia and itsme uses EMS, but Zipia charges less. I didn't mind since itsme's clothing was relatively cheaper anyway so it's about the same.However, I notice itsme charges more than the actual shipping fee.

The first time I ordered from them, I contacted them first to ask about the exchange rate. They let me know the exchange rate, and I applied the exchange rate with the actual shipping fee of my package and deducted it from the estimated shipping fee. I calculated myself and told them to refund me back $6. They did.

However, this order.. My estimated was $86 and actual shipping was only 67,200 won. I order from Korean suppliers all the time through paypal and this past week, USD and Korean Won seems to be steady at 1USD = 1100won. If that's the case, my shipping should be about $61 and my refund should be about $25. They only refunded me $16. I told them that it doesn't seem right and they just told me that the shipping company charges them for the extra for the bags/boxes. What BS! If that's the case, then they should have stated that in their shipping info. It is very misleading and deceiving to buyers.
    elysium.FireDragonjustxlouise
  • chubbibunnichubbibunni FloridaPosts: 145Member
    Whoa. Thanks anli for your review and guide! I browsed through tokyo fashion's [extensive] site, and they've got some fantastic stuff. It's reassuring to know the stock photos are their own too (vs all those wholesale sites).
    ██SHOP ME!██
    ($10 or less clothing and makeup ^^)
  • bbpanidabbpanida Posts: 231Member

ROOKIE

Oh Tokoyo fashions looks nice. Are they a wholesaler or a brand?
    Survery -Survey- USA/AUS/CAN/INTL-US website and Asian Wholesaler
    chubbibunni wrote on 22 February 2012 - 05:51 PM:

Whoa. Thanks anli for your review and guide! I browsed through tokyo fashion's [extensive] site, and they've got some fantastic stuff. It's reassuring to know the stock photos are their own too (vs all those wholesale sites).

You're welcome! I had one mediocre wholesale experience (with wholesale7) and decided that I didn't like gambling on whether or not the clothes were going to look anything like the stolen stock photos sweatingbullets.gif

bbpanida wrote on 22 February 2012 - 08:01 PM:

Oh Tokoyo fashions looks nice.  Are they a wholesaler or a brand?

They're a Taiwanese brand whose designs get ripped off by wholesale sites pretty often...and the real thing doesn't cost much more than a knockoff. If you buy wholesale you get a discount (think it's something like 5% off for 50-99 pieces, 10% off for 100 or more) but that's true wholesaling. They also have some VIP discount program but I'm not sure if it's applicable to overseas buyers. 
  • amaritudoamaritudo Posts: 179Member

IDOL

I bought more stuff on Taobao again :( I hope this doesn't turn into a bad habit

T2WDX.XdpbXXXXXXXX_!!82778978.jpg
    48 RMB for the pair (8 CAD)

T2K6mcXolXXXXXXXXX_!!82778978.jpg
    43 RMB, in gold (7 CAD)

T2n.F.XbtXXXXXXXXX_!!82778978.jpg
    45 RMB (7 CAD). I wasn't too sure about this but I thought it looked super good on witchery

T2Aq5nXXRXXXXXXXXX_!!82778978.jpg
    60 RMB for a set of 4 (10 CAD). I only looked at this taobao store b/c of this. It's the only taobao store that sold them and hope they are good

As usual, if you want anything reviewed, just let me know!
    xDollars
  • JaeFumaJaeFuma Posts: 113Member
    Just made a purchase on Wholesale-dress.net (after a long out of stock...mess). Anyone want a review? Should be here next week.

1325325758360988678.jpg

1292095797345430594.jpg

201107131307263603.jpg

1313024524488315680.jpg        1303794906446398415.jpg

I might be of help to some since I'm on the taller, more filled out side of the body spectrum. So if you want to know what these clothes are like on more "western" bodies, let me know.:vicx:
    roughmorning1.pngroughmorning2.png
  • JiveJive Posts: 272Member

IDOL

anli wrote on 22 February 2012 - 06:01 AM:

H*ly Richard Simmons!  You are a godsend!  I wonder if the per unit price would be cheaper if you were ordering like 100-300 pieces.
    Jive wrote on 24 February 2012 - 07:32 AM:

H*ly Richard Simmons!  You are a godsend!  I wonder if the per unit price would be cheaper if you were ordering like 100-300 pieces.

100 items and up gets a 10% discount: http://order.mayuki.com.tw/mayukiOBSdoc.aspx?umc=113
  • l3abie-ishl3abie-ish Posts: 248Member
    xLoony wrote on 20 February 2012 - 12:30 AM:

Hi,

Thanks for answering :). May I ask, did the tracking number work when it reached your country (on your countrys post office site)?? The last order before the one im talking about was paid on jan 2nd, shipped on jan 4th and received on jan 18th,,

the reason im asking this is because they have given me the weirdest replies ever... one told me that the item was out of stock and they already refunded me? lol, and then the same woman i guess told me that they shipped it by sea because of chinese new year -,- wtf, and another cs told me to wait for 3 months and if i dont received it they will refund me << big lie

Honestly I didn't even know when it reached my country because every time I checked with the tracking number, the website didn't work. I just assumed it was because of Chinese New Year.

With regards to their "out of stock"ness...my very first order with them had 50% of the items missing due to out of stock and they didn't even tell me...they just "refunded" me the amount straight to my website account (not my bank account) so I had to place another order just to use up that refund. Because of that, my shipping cost was recalculated and ended up costing more to ship less items...and I was totally in the dark about this until my package showed up 50% smaller =_____= If they DID refund you, you're account under "Balance" should show the amount of money they owed you instead of "0".

I'm sorry they're giving you such a hard time D:
  • choco.moochoco.moo Posts: 54Member
    JaeFuma wrote on 23 February 2012 - 04:49 PM:

Hiiii~ :) I've actually been debating about ordering from this site or not....I was just wondering about the quality, likeness to stock photo, and overall customer service if you don't mind >< there seems to be a lot of mixed reviews. Thanks!! :)