[[can I Make It Based On Looks?]]

Guest hamuja

Part II
I saw that the old thread was closed by the owner, and I can't seem to find another one, so I thought I'd start it myself XD

In this thread, post your picture(s) and/or video(s) and people will tell you if they think you can get into the company of your choice based on looks alone~

08/04/2009: Okay, so like it's been half a year since I've been to this thread. Wow. Really sorry. I've been super busy going to Seattle, Japan, and being all kinds of ill. XDD

Rules

1. No voice clips or videos that involve dancing, singing, or talking.

2. Please specify the companies/countries that you're interested in.

3. No bullying, and no revenge. If somebody gives you a low score, don't retaliate by giving them a low score for no reason.

4. Your post must contain one or more of the following:

.....a. A photo or photos of yourself,

.....b. A video or videos of yourself doing nothing,

.....c. A rating of another person (including reasons for the rating/s), or

.....d. Content relevant to a current discussion within the thread.

5. No asking for your photos to be taken down for any reason. If you put up a photo or video on the internet, expect it to be there forever.

6. No photos or videos containing other people. Please black out or blur other people's faces before uploading pictures.

7. Please, no offensive language. Keep it PG.

8. Guys, this thread is for fun and friendly advice. Don't be so serious, and don't insult people just because you're bored.

I'm too busy (lazy) to report people anymore, so please just follow the rules.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest icecube.

Well, first of all you can never get into ANY of the major entertainmnet company based solely on looks. Even SM looks at talent .. I mean SNSD, DBSK, BoA, SHINEE they can all hold a tune , etc. It's kind of stupid that you're going to discuss whether or not anyone can make it in on looks but refrain people from posting clips of their talents ? .. haha, very funny.

Well, first of all you can never get into ANY of the major entertainmnet company based solely on looks. Even SM looks at talent .. I mean SNSD, DBSK, BoA, SHINEE they can all hold a tune , etc. It's kind of stupid that you're going to discuss whether or not anyone can make it in on looks but refrain people from posting clips of their talents ? .. haha, very funny.

Erm, this is the continuation of a thread that was recently closed. I didn't make the original thread though >_<;

It's about opinions and stuff

Guest chopstickss

The OP and/or posters of this thread & the original one never claimed that looks can get you in, and pull you through the entertainment industry.

There's already a whole section on this forum where you can post links to soundclicks, youtube accounts etc. The purpose of this thread is to receive criticism/judging on appearance alone.

I think it's a good idea considering that aspiring models can't really make a thread in the 'performers' forum.

Guest ohdangchang

i don't think she meant that you can make it solely based on looks.

she means she wants people to c&c people's pictures,

to see if they had the look to make it in, while taking out the consideration of talent.

seeing by people's opinions if they think their pictures are "sm material"

Guest Asianchick1347

ill go first.

Lets see.

Name:Alysia

100% laotian (some say i look japanese but i dont see it)

Talent:Singing, Dancing, Playing the violin, piano,and guitar

Company:SM JYP YG would be great but basically any company.

*removed*

Guest tissue4mi

Asianchick1347 I think you have more of a YG or JYP look~ you're face looks mature but you have big eyes to bring in that cute factor too ^ ^

junghiwon I don't mean this to be offensive but I think you need to try to smile in your pictures, one of them I can't really tell if it's a smile since it looks somewhat unsure. I like your side bangs in the last picture on a side :D.

ohdangchang LOL you're so adorable~ I don't know if guys like being called that but I think you have potential if you have the talent to back it up ^ ^

Guest wakana_akemi

I guess I'll go too!

Name: Hiwon

100% korean (korean-american)

company: Brosent, DSP, Woollim...etc. I'm not so into SM since I don't like the music they make. Same goes with JYP, and i don't think I'd fit it YG. So, I guess I've pretty much eliminated the three major entertainment companies from my list, haven't I? :P

I'm auditioning to be a singer.

th_PB020051.jpgth_PB020048.jpgth_PB020057.jpgth_PB020050.jpgth_P9250043.jpg

without bangs:

th_PC290019.jpg

ithink u look better with bangs since ur face is very long, normally people with your face structure go better with bangs in my opinion

Name:Wakana Akemi

Nationality:Taiwanese-American

Languages:English, Mandarin, learning Japanese

Companys:Any Asian company(YG, JYP, HIM, Stardust, SM, etc.)

Photos:

1Picture044.jpg

2.Picture042.jpg

3.Picture030.jpg

4.Picture027.jpg

5.picture007.jpg

numbers1&2 are most recent since I cut my hair but everyone says ilook the same anyway.Please give suggestions, criticism, and just...Honest opinions^^

ithink u look better with bangs since ur face is very long, normally people with your face structure go better with bangs in my opinion

Name:Wakana Akemi

Nationality:Taiwanese-American

Languages:English, Mandarin, learning Japanese

Companys:Any Asian company(YG, JYP, HIM, Stardust, SM, etc.)

Photos:

1 Picture044.jpg

2. Picture042.jpg

3. Picture030.jpg

4. Picture027.jpg

5. picture007.jpg

numbers1&2 are most recent since I cut my hair but everyone says ilook the same anyway.Please give suggestions, criticism, and just...Honest opinions^^

Hmmm

I don't mean to sound mean with this, and I hope it doesn't come across that way.... D:

Have you ever tried double eyelid glue or fake eyelashes? I think they would really open your eyes your face up a lot ^_^

Other than that, I think you have nice hair. I'd kinda like to see what you look like with it parted down the middle and your bangs like, straight. But Idk~ XD

Also, you have really nice skin :D

*jealous of your skinsssss* ;-;

lol

Guest wakana_akemi

Hmmm

I don't mean to sound mean with this, and I hope it doesn't come across that way.... D:

Have you ever tried double eyelid glue or fake eyelashes? I think they would really open your eyes your face up a lot ^_^

Other than that, I think you have nice hair. I'd kinda like to see what you look like with it parted down the middle and your bangs like, straight. But Idk~ XD

Also, you have really nice skin :D

*jealous of your skinsssss* ;-;

lol

thanks! I wash my face 3 times a day.

Once when I wake up in the mornings 6am for school(water), when i get home from school around 4pm since i take the bus(water), and when i shower around 8pm(water with asian face wash)^^

Yes, My eyes are small. Asian...I know companies prefer bigger eyes.

My hair parted down the middle? I can do that...I used to have my hair that way. Do you think that'd look better?(I change my hair line a lot anyways....) But sometimes when i part my hair line into the middle, my bangs kind of get in my way since they would be on both sides. So i might just put my bangs onto one side&leave the rest of my hair to the middle so my hair line isn't straight(just one way). idk. should i do that?

thanks! I wash my face 3 times a day.

Once when I wake up in the mornings 6am for school(water), when i get home from school around 4pm since i take the bus(water), and when i shower around 8pm(water with asian face wash)^^

Yes, My eyes are small. Asian...I know companies prefer bigger eyes.

My hair parted down the middle? I can do that...I used to have my hair that way. Do you think that'd look better?(I change my hair line a lot anyways....) But sometimes when i part my hair line into the middle, my bangs kind of get in my way since they would be on both sides. So i might just put my bangs onto one side&leave the rest of my hair to the middle so my hair line isn't straight(just one way). idk. should i do that?

(lol Asian face wash... I've never heard of that XD)

Hmmm

Actually, a side part is probably better for your face shape. Try spreading your bangs out a bit more so that they're wispier and cover your forehead a bit more though~?

Don't worry, it doesn't come across as offensive. Hehe well I took those pictures like that to show how my face looks most of the time, I guess? people tell me my smile makes me look "prettier" so I guess I just wanted a more honest example. Gosh, I don't what I'm saying. whatever :D

thanks, I think so too :lol: I prefer my bangs so much more...

You look really good with bangs ^_^

Guest popo_chan_xo

Asianchick1347 Hmm.... Not exactly fit for Korean Industry. Maybe you should try the Singaporean Industry. You have a long face and dark features. I'll give you an 5/10 for Korean Industry and 8/10 for American/ "Dark" Asian Industries

ohdangchang Overall good features. Your eyes seem a little small but its an Asian thing. Not good yet. 7/10. Get buffer, change hair style (shorter), get contacts, and use some more sunblock. Then you'll be pretty set. Just think of it like this... you want most girls to fall in love with you. You want to shine, almost.

junghiwon You don't have a "star" quality. Pretty face. But your hair kinda pisses me off. It seems not full enough. Your eyes look like they could be prettier with double lids. Hmm... 7/10 Improve your hair, try to not squint, and you should try lip gloss because your lips seem pale.

wakana_akemi Sorry. Your face seems a bit... long and flat? Your eyes and nose don't match your face. It makes it look longer. 6/10.

Sorry for the harshness... I included suggestions just in case you want to try something new.

heyy

im david.

im korean, and i reside in the states

15years of age.

and auditioning for bro, sm, jyp.

anyone think im sm material?

c&c thanks!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u202/dc.../P1000383-1.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u202/dc.../P1000075-1.jpg

I think if you shaved, you'd look a lot more handsome. [+ you'd fit the "pretty boy" look that SM artists tend to have.]

You have a pretty good bone structure.

Guest chunara

Hiwon: I think you're pretty but you need to smile more in your pictures. lol The best one is where you tied your hair up. You have one big forehead girl! It would be so much better if you actually get real bangs on the front instead of the side bangs. I think you can pull it off really well, since you have a big forehead :]

David: I think you're pretty cute, as in little boy cute. haha Not that it's a bad thing. SM material? maybe ...

Wakana Akemi: I like your hair in the 3rd picture. You don't look bad but you should try double eyelid glue. It would really bring out your eyes. Your face also seems a bit flat to me. sorry if I sound rude ><

Guest popo_chan_xo

Okay... I think I want to evaluate!

Hmmm... Request if you need me too.

any pictures.

If you want to evaluate me, my pictures in my avatar.

My nickname is carebear, so holler at me if you need me!

Archived