Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard

emmuiemmui Guelph, ON, CanadaPosts: 156Member
is it available at any Shoppers Drug Mart
and
can you use it to buy items on YesAsia.com?
|TUMBLR|

Replies

• azn3dvietboyazn3dvietboy Posts: 489Member
    never heard of it

but if it's true
    i would use it to buy
    lots and lots of pie and BBT
  • alwaysthere4ualwaysthere4u Toronto, OntarioPosts: 55Member
    QUOTE (xo01Emmie10ox @ Nov 13 2008, 06:26 PM) »
    is it available at any Shoppers Drug Mart
    and
    can you use it to buy items on YesAsia.com?

I've seen it at pretty much all SDMs. As far as I know, it works like a regular credit card, so it should work on YesAsia.com

Best of luck! I've used these before, so I guess if you want, feel free to ask me questions ^^
  • ltnd.ltnd. TORONTO/MARYLAND.Posts: 2,030Member
    o.O I've never heard of these..?
    Someone care to enlighten me? lol
    너 때문에 많이도 울었어 / 너 때문에 많이도 웃었어 / 너 때문에 사랑을 믿었어..
  • darkbahamutdarkbahamut :< :3 :> Canada T.O.Posts: 534Member
    Same. I'm interested in this O_O =)
    ~TITUS: Hope Is In Your Hands~
  • fallenframesfallenframes Toronto, CanadaPosts: 2,147Member
    yup, i've seen them at shoppers.
    in 25/50/100
    you pay for the amount + activation fees
    survey (F21.Yesasia.Yesstyle.Zipia)
    shoppe // status // me2day // twitter
    Watching » ...nothing T^T
  • emmuiemmui Guelph, ON, CanadaPosts: 156Member
    QUOTE (alwaysthere4u @ Nov 15 2008, 02:09 PM) »
    I've seen it at pretty much all SDMs. As far as I know, it works like a regular credit card, so it should work on YesAsia.com

Best of luck! I've used these before, so I guess if you want, feel free to ask me questions ^^

i`ve placed an order at YesAsia using the card. have you used it on YesAsia before? if you have, how long does it take for them to verify the credit card?
    |TUMBLR|
  • BU_RPBU_RP TNGUYEN; nguyenxxviet ? DOWNTOWN TORONTO CHYEAH :D &amp; TRANG&#39;S HOUSE ROFLPosts: 2,770Member
    yeah i got a 50 one for my bday from a guy friend.
    i thought you werent able to use it online? :S
    Hot Asian Girl in process!
  • nek♥nek♥ d(=^・ω・^=)b Posts: 1,909Member

IDOL

QUOTE (BU_RP @ Nov 16 2008, 10:51 AM) »
    yeah i got a 50 one for my bday from a guy friend.
    i thought you werent able to use it online? :S

you are (:
    +I dont use Vanilla.
    I go to Mac's Convenient Store to get prepaid credit cards instead.
  • PYRITEPYRITE Posts: 15,216Friend of Soompi

IDOL

Prepaid credit cards work just like regular credit cards. The only difference is that they don't build your credit, and realistically, they're more like instant debit cards.
  • 90th.degree90th.degree Swan Song Vancouver,CanadaPosts: 1,033Member
    There's one thing to watch for when using these. I'm not sure but they may only work in Canadian online stores, as things might get messy with international transactions...
    The time it takes for me to look at you is the time it takes for me to realize it's too late.
    Life without love is like eating fries without the ketchup.
    QUOTE (xo01Emmie10ox @ Nov 15 2008, 05:21 PM) »
    i`ve placed an order at YesAsia using the card. have you used it on YesAsia before? if you have, how long does it take for them to verify the credit card?

I haven't, I never ordered anything from them actually. But it should verify instantly... although Vanilla's system seems to not be working well sometimes.
  • emmuiemmui Guelph, ON, CanadaPosts: 156Member
    QUOTE (alwaysthere4u @ Nov 16 2008, 07:15 AM) »
    I haven't, I never ordered anything from them actually. But it should verify instantly... although Vanilla's system seems to not be working well sometimes.

yeah. i`ve heard that vanillas have a higher chance of being rejected. yesasia`s been verifying my vanilla card for almost 3 days now and they said it will be verified within 24 hours. my first time ordering from them and i`m already having negative thoughts about ordering from them again. =/
    |TUMBLR|
  • steph3nsteph3n CanadaPosts: 582Member
    my cousin ordered some stuff on PlayAsia or something like that, it's basically YesAsia but for video games with a prepaid credit card and it worked for him
    So there's mixed reviews on this. Nethertheless, it works. That's the only thing that matters right?
    QUOTE (xo01Emmie10ox @ Nov 16 2008, 11:32 AM) »
    yeah. i`ve heard that vanillas have a higher chance of being rejected. yesasia`s been verifying my vanilla card for almost 3 days now and they said it will be verified within 24 hours. my first time ordering from them and i`m already having negative thoughts about ordering from them again. =/

I have see a prepaid VISA... maybe you can try it instead, but not too sure what you'll end up doing with the Vanilla.
    I went to shopper's today but I didn't see any. Maybe it depends on location?
    QUOTE (darkbahamut @ Nov 23 2008, 09:43 PM) »
    I went to shopper's today but I didn't see any. Maybe it depends on location?

Which location? I've seen 'em at many SDMs. I saw a VISA one at Metro (Warden/Finch) - used to be Dominion.
  • KishireKishire I Have the Amulet!!! Sparkle Sparkle! Markham, TDot, HamiltonPosts: 651Member
    i know for sure they exist at the shoppers in Hamilton lol...if anyone resides there that is
    QUOTE (alwaysthere4u @ Nov 24 2008, 01:26 AM) »
    Which location? I've seen 'em at many SDMs. I saw a VISA one at Metro (Warden/Finch) - used to be Dominion.

Er......................................

St Catharines.. image