Birth Control

Guest Jamila

it's effect on you
I've always been curious about how different girls/women react to different types of birth control.I also think this can help with those of us that may be thinking of starting birth control for benefits of things like lighter periods and cramps, or even girls thinking of switching brands,,I also think it would be better than making many topics BC related..so girls..if you're willing list:

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING:

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL:

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them):

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS:

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO:

OTHER INFO:

I'll go first..

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Ortho Tri-Cyclen

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: almost 3 months

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Firmer breasts (noticed maybe a month after starting), lighter period flow, and less cramps (personally my cramps were almost unbearable..they were TERRIBLE not able to get out of the bed assume the fetal position throw up cramps..lol) now I experience a little discomfort, but I can go about my day normally

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: mood swings, my period flow is lighter, but lasts longer :wacko: (I also read many women have experienced BAD mood swings on this pill)

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: I thought and hoped my boobs would get bigger (though I'm a D cup LOL) and make my periods shorter and more bearable..

OTHER INFO: The pill I'm on is supposed to be good for acne, but I didn't really notice much of a difference (I didn't have much acne to begin with )

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest felinius

Mine is really simple ... hasn't really done much for me either way.

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Otho Evra

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: On and off ... 2 years?

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): When I was younger -- stabilized mood, protects against pregnancy :P and controls when I have my period

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: Nothing really ...

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Keep me from getting pregnant :}

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Yasmin

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: On and off ... 2 years? i've stopped using them for the last 4 months because i heard if you continually use them they may stop you from getting pregnant. so ill start again in around 2-3 months just to give my body a break

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): my period pains have eased but sometimes i still get the odd severe pain

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: Nothing really ...

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Keep me from getting pregnant

Guest its complicated

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Orthro Tri-Cyclen Lo

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 2001

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): it has definitely controlled my cycle

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: i gained a ton of weight. i would always be hungry.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: in 2001 i HAD to take it or i would bleed to death. and now... i take it so i won't bleed to death and get pregnant.

OTHER INFO: i lost all the weight i gained since then and some... but my boobs are still here! haha... i'm a D by the way.

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: On and off ... 2 years? i've stopped using them for the last 4 months because i heard if you continually use them they may stop you from getting pregnant. so ill start again in around 2-3 months just to give my body a break

really? hmm I heard that was just a myth

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: i gained a ton of weight. i would always be hungry.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: in 2001 i HAD to take it or i would bleed to death. and now... i take it so i won't bleed to death and get pregnant.

OTHER INFO: i lost all the weight i gained since then and some... but my boobs are still here! haha... i'm a D by the way.

wow I actually lost weight after I started BC and my appetite is the same

and it's good to hear u kept your boobs!! LOL

I've read when the breasts don't go down after "swelling" that may be caused by birth control, the actual breast tissue has grown

^ Yeah it's just a myth

I don't think any Gyno would recommend something risky like that.

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: In the beginning I used Orthotricyclen, and then I switched to Orthotricyclen Lo (lower dose version), I don't feel any difference though.

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: Dang... pretty long time... I think it's been 7 years.

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Right away. No unplanned pregnancy ;). short and predictable period cycle. It's SO nice to know when I'll get my period. Clear skin.

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: I think it makes me have low sex drive. :-/

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO:

I hope I won't get blood clot or anything that makes me have to go to the Emergency Room.

My breast dont shrink when I stop taking them ^^"

And also I hope I can get pregnant right away and w/out any problem when I'm ready to have kid(s).

OTHER INFO: once I stopped taking them for a month, my hormones messed up again. A couple of huge pimples came out, and my period came a week late. So I guess my body really depends on these pills.

Guest babyN_xxs

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: YAZ

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 4 months (on YAZ) i've been on others before

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): uhhh light periods...

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: breast tenderness, love handle weight gain, feel like puking.. dizziness.. moody!

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: i just wanted light periods.. and thats what it did

OTHER INFO:

made my friends nipples dark but on the other hand she stop getting pimples on her back

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: YAZ

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 4 months (on YAZ) i've been on others before

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): uhhh light periods...

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: breast tenderness, love handle weight gain, feel like puking.. dizziness.. moody!

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: i just wanted light periods.. and thats what it did

OTHER INFO:

made my friends nipples dark but on the other hand she stop getting pimples on her back

your negative side effects sound like a real bummer! :wacko:

are u sure experiencing dizziness is safe? hmm

Guest vividified

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: i was on diane 35 for few years then started going on yasmin now

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 2-3 years?

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): acne improved a lot, though the switch to yasmin made my pimples return ..

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: very moody.. nausea sometimes

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: acne, i was hoping for weight gain but that never came :( (nor did i lose weight)

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Zovia?

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: just one month, so these signs probably don't mean much for you, lol. :)

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): this month it didn't feel like someone was dragging spikes across my gut and I could walk etc without pain! But still bloated...

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: acne omfg. the doctor said it would fix the little acne i did have... my face looks terrible now, i hope that it gets better next month :(

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: clear up my skin and fix my really really bad period cramping. Hoping that it will work better.. especially for the acne. I'll give it a few months I guess.. but my face ahhhhh ;___;

Guest seryberry

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: ortho tri cyclen-LO

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 8 years (wow)

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): lighter periods, clear skin (about 4-6 months)

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: got me a little tired after i took one everday

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: give me big boobs LOL

OTHER INFO:

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: acne omfg. the doctor said it would fix the little acne i did have... my face looks terrible now, i hope that it gets better next month :(

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: clear up my skin and fix my really really bad period cramping. Hoping that it will work better.. especially for the acne. I'll give it a few months I guess.. but my face ahhhhh ;___;

aww..maybe it'll clear up after a couple more months! Hopefully your body's getting used to it :sweatingbullets: best of luck! hehe

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: ortho tri cyclen-LO

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 8 years (wow)

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): lighter periods, clear skin (about 4-6 months)

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: got me a little tired after i took one everday

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: give me big boobs LOL

OTHER INFO:

wow, you've never switched brands? Can the pills cause fatigue??? Oh wait..u mean having to remember to take one daily..? lol

I DO NOT blame you for the big boobs hope! haha

Guest J'adore

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Yasmin, but I've tried Loette (aka Alesse)

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: approximately 1 year

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Don't really know...I guess no pregnancy (hope I don't jinx myself), regular periods...obviously those are known straight away). Then you got the skin positives, I've never really been one to break out often but people compliment my skin more so now than before. My breast are maybe more perkier, didn't grow a cup size though sadly. I heard that some women actually lose their sex drive but I disagree LOL.

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: NAUSEA, HEADACHES, EMOTIONAL, MOODY!!! But in due time they do disappear...however I am still too damn emotional!

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: I hoped I wouldn't have gotten those symptoms. I wished it made my breast just grow overnight. I also wished it'll make my periods SHORTER.

OTHER INFO: Don't take the pill unless you really need it. I got it for regulating my periods and lessening the cramps (though that isn't really suppose to always happen). I was hesitant on beginning the pill because I heard somewhere it could cause infertility which I sincerely hope doesn't happen to me. I don't drink anymore or smoke (not that I ever did) because I'm too scared of what it'll do to my body while taking the pill...I guess I'm a bit paranoid.

Guest alicimoo

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Yaz

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: Almost 2 years.

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Lighter periods. Less/no acne. (Noticed within like the first 2 months).

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: Weight gain. Mood swings.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Just regulate my periods. I was prescribed BCP because I have PCOS, which makes my periods very very irregular. I can go 3-6 months without having one. So yea...

OTHER INFO: On it for medical reasons.

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Alesse

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: a year and a half

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them):Regulation of my periods!

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: I gained a bit of weight and I get mood swings during my period

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO:Well a lot of women gain a bit when it comes to breast... for me I lost \(o.O)/

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO:Well a lot of women gain a bit when it comes to breast... for me I lost \(o.O)/

wow really? it actually seemed like I lost too..during the weeks I take the pill they seem normal and a little firmer..but on the placebo pill week and a bit after my boobs are like deflated and look smaller than when I first started the pill!!! it's depressing...arrrgh..at least I now know I'm not the only one with that crappy "side effect" :blink:

Guest h0w_cute*

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: depo provera shot

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 6 months

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): less to no periods... i dont know. lol no babies

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: the first time i got the shot, i bled for like 2 and a half weeks. but my nurse told me how to make it go away. i still get spotting and bleeding

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: not make babies and would chase away periods. lol

OTHER INFO:

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: the pill

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: i used it for 1 month to stop the bleeding

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): i stopped bleeding for awhile

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: didnt do anything really good or bad

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: make my boobs bigger! but it didnt. lies

OTHER INFO:

^

Did you know that the shot depletes calcium? (that's what the nurse told me..that's one reason I decided to take the pill)

as females we NEED calcium and I'm pretty sure I don't get enough of it as is..

seems as though many of us have been bamboozled conscerning that boob factor

hahaha! just kidding..I know only some women experience it while others don't sadly..lol :sweatingbullets:

I sound as if I'm obsessed with boobs... :crazy:

Guest RockStar17

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Yasmin

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 2-3 months only

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): My last two periods were definitely lighter even though my doctor told me it would take a few months, and my acne cleared up

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: Nothing so far

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: For my periods to be less heavier

OTHER INFO:

Guest AppleLove

I've a question.

For those who get mood swings.. how bad are they? and Nausea.. is that bad too?

I'm thinking of going on the pills, but afraid of the bad effects.

Archived