Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weird Brown Line On My Nail ....

jieunyijieunyi ♥Posts: 274Member
Months ago, I was painting my nails when i realized this weird brown line on the nail of the ring finger of my left hand... and a lot of time has passed and its still there. I don't know what it is and I have never had it before, so I don't know how to get rid of it.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it? image

Replies

• MoodyMoody Posts: 499Member
    dry blood.,it got jammed somewhere some how,
    book dropped on your hand ,door,hit the table? try to remember.Itll grow out.

I had that on my fat toe. Had to wait forever for it to grow out -=[

• LizzieBeeLizzieBee californiaPosts: 309Member
    It might be a "'Splinter Hemorrhage"
    My Blog / Tumblr / Couples' Tees
  • BabysoulBabysoul They don't love you like I love you A Mari Usque Ad MarePosts: 621Member
    edited August 2008
    I have it too.. It's like a thin (half of 1 mm) brown line running down my thumb nail. I looked up "Splinter Hemorrhage" but it looks nothing like it.. Sorry I'm no help D=
    I'll try to research some more later and edit my post.

EDIT: I did some googling. Try searching these:
    Longitudinal melanonychia
    Subungual Melanoma

"When I fall in love it will be forever, or I'll never fall in love."
  • lshluvrlshluvr BOO! CaliforniaPosts: 2,139Member
    edited August 2008
    I have that too, cept mine is like a light black and I have it on my left thumb, left index finger, and my left big toe. I think I have one more on my left hand, but I have on nail polish so I can't tell. Hahaha.
    But yeah, I've had mine forever..and they don't seem to want to go away. =(
    So...I guess I don't know how to get rid of it. I wish I did.
    image Hello =)
  • grainsofraingrainsofrain pink`d Las VegasPosts: 2,176Member

IDOL

well since we're kinda on the topic, what is it if it's white? it doesn't have to be a line but it's white.
    An Eternity of the Underworld
    addicted to: READING (goodreads)
    love bugged | underworld | eternity of eclipse
  • BabysoulBabysoul They don't love you like I love you A Mari Usque Ad MarePosts: 621Member
    QUOTE (grainsofrain @ Aug 22 2008, 07:58 PM) »
    well since we're kinda on the topic, what is it if it's white? it doesn't have to be a line but it's white.
    I think it's probably leuconychia.

QUOTE Leuconychia is evident as white lines or spots in the nail plate and may be caused by tiny bubbles of air that are trapped in the nail plate layers due to trauma. This condition may be hereditary and no treatment is required as the spots will grow out with the nail plate.
    http://hooked-on-nails.com/naildisorders.html

After some more research, I think it's probably melanonychia. Mine looks like the middle finger, except I only have 1 line.
    Image is pretty big, CLICK HERE.
    "When I fall in love it will be forever, or I'll never fall in love."
  • HeartcoreHeartcore Posts: 143Member
    QUOTE (grainsofrain @ Aug 22 2008, 03:58 PM) »

Did you accidentally smash your finger in something? I accidentally smashed my finger when I was folding up a stroller. It cut my cuticle and bled a lot. It's healed now, but I have a dark spot on my cuticle and dried blood and a white spot under my nail. Taking it's sweet time to grow out.
  • foreverandadayforeverandaday BC, CanadaPosts: 740Friend of Soompi
    I have one on my big toe, it's been there as long as I can remember
  • mr. lovelymr. lovely ! laPosts: 2,640Member
    I have it too.. It's like a thin (half of 1 mm) brown line running down my thumb nail. I looked up "Splinter Hemorrhage" but it looks nothing like it.. Sorry I'm no help D=

Subungual Melanoma

OH MA GAWSH THOSE ARE SCARY.

yeah but i have a stripe on my thumbs. they're not like super dark, they're just darker than the rest the nail. kinda weird looking but i don't think it's such a big deal.

but what is a big deal is that my right thumb is all bumpy and scary.
    HI
  • fallforyouxfallforyoux (: <3Posts: 41Member

My mom told me it's from lack of calcium intake.
    It happens to me a lot xD
    "If love is a labor, I'll slave 'til the end
    I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand"
  • little mixed girllittle mixed girl little miss trouble west jaPanPosts: 4,604Member, Friend of Soompi
    i have those going through some of my nails.
    i think that they are there to indicate a lack of some nutrients in your body...or a lack of iron.

anyways, it's not something you need to freak about. if you're really worried, you can talk to a doctor.
    i write an important thing, and do not let's finish. a way of writing for freedom.
  • seryberryseryberry Everett, WAPosts: 1,170Member
    i have one on my thumb!!!! i think ive had it since 3rd grade!! my uncle said its cause i dont drink enuff milk?
    TEAM GEORGES. ST-PIERRE!!!!
    meeeeee =)
  • FrozenWaterMelonFrozenWaterMelon Let's go to Neverland <3 USPosts: 1,620Member
    yeah, i have one on my middle finger but its thin. i've had it since forever haha. but it doesnt bother me so.
  • AdiAdi itsaddiiiii California, USAPosts: 543Member
    edited August 2008
    QUOTE (Babysoul @ Aug 22 2008, 05:51 PM) »

Subungual Melanoma

^ is that what it looks like? I have it on both my thumbs, and now I noticed that I have it on my left ring and middle finger, and on my right middle finger. It's only about 2-5 stripes though.

I'm scared ._."

• misstiemmisstiem Posts: 245Member
    i have that too. on my left pinky its a thin lightbrown line. I always wondered what it was but it never bothered me
    Jeremiah 29:11
  • pandapple*pandapple* you &#39;kay?Posts: 225Member
    ive always wondered what they were. mine just came randomly one day and still hasn't grown out. i just ignore it really.
  • michelle_choumichelle_chou Posts: 229Member
    i have that same thing on both of my big toenails! i'm thinking i must of dropped something, like a book, on them or something...and it's dried blood? that's my guess. but it's taking FOREVER to fade!