Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

B B Cream Aka Blemish Balm #2~ Hottest Foundation Trend In Asia [last Update: 25Apr10

Replies

• Babylicious xo12Babylicious xo12 ...???? NOVAPosts: 2,650Member
    edited April 2009
    back again..yeay

[BB Cream Brand & Name] The Skinfood Aloe Shade #2
    Coverage: Sheer, Medium, Heavy, Buildable sheer
    Texture: Thick, Liquid, Creamy liquid
    Shade: Foundation Shade & Undertone - for eg. NC25, yellow undertone.. or any foundation colour you use dont use foundation
    Fragrance: Scented, Non- scented, if scented what does it smell like? Is the smell strong? etc. very very slight scent, not noticeable at all
    Oil-Control: No oil control, Good oil control good oil control
    Dewy or Matte (finish): dewy
    Overall comments: really sheer. on my skin, after i put it on it looked like i didnt put anything on. its great for people who use a thicker powder on top or a thick liquid creme foundation.

will be back to do a dr. jart black label review :]
    Please read the signature rules
  • SKINNY_GENESSKINNY_GENES the city of fakesPosts: 227Member
    what shade do you guys think i need? skinfood #1 or #2?

this is a pic cropped from my face:

i'm pretty pale with light pinkish undertones, but with an overall yellowish undertone
  • binjoobinjoo MassachusettsPosts: 775Member
    QUOTE (SKINNY_GENES @ Apr 1 2009, 04:12 PM) »
    what shade do you guys think i need? skinfood #1 or #2?

this is a pic cropped from my face:
    dark).It seems like you should get 2.
  • only_meonly_me ABCPosts: 277Member
    hey guys, one question ; urms, for the skinfood bbcream which ones would you say would have the best oil control? I'm still confused whether to get the aloe, gingko or the mushroom one.
  • bbaumgulbbaumgul Commander Charmander /@6~`Posts: 874Member
    QUOTE (only_me @ Apr 1 2009, 08:04 PM) »
    hey guys, one question ; urms, for the skinfood bbcream which ones would you say would have the best oil control? I'm still confused whether to get the aloe, gingko or the mushroom one.

Seconded! Please if someone could kindly elaborate image
    The reviews for those three were kind of similar.. especially the gingko and mushroom ones.
  • EINNER♥EINNER♥ FT Island : )Posts: 39Member
    well this seems like the right place for my third post xD
    [BB Cream Brand & Name] Skin Food Aloe Sun BB Cream Shade 2
    Coverage: I'd say medium-heavy...?
    Texture: Thick (mine broke so i think it might have dried a lil...and its kinda hard to blend)
    Shade: Sometimes i find it comes off a lil to pinkishhh....the shade seems a tad pale in summer but its perfect in winter....image sadly i use a different bb cream in winter xD
    Fragrance: To me it smells like soap xD
    Oil-Control: I think the oil control is decent... i used powder on top so i'm not sure
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Matte
    Overall comments: I think its alright....on my it looks a lil cakey at times but i'm more used to thinner bb creams

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Heme BB Cream in Light Beige
    Coverage: Sheer
    Texture: Nice a liquidy so i find it blends well
    Shade: Its definately too pale in summer but in winter is greatt : ) and it doesn't have a greyish tint or a strong pink/yellow undertone like other bb creams
    Fragrance: I don't think theres a scent
    Oil-Control: I think the oil control is decent... i used powder on top so i'm not sure
    Overall comments: I love this bb cream...its unknown but i think it works great for me : ) i THINK that S.H.E advertises this product.

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Dr. Jart BB Cream Black Label
    Coverage: Medium-Heavy....i found the coverage a little too much for me so i have to have damp hands when putting it on my face
    Texture: Creamy...i like that its easy to blend
    Shade: I like this one for summer....only drawback is that it feels heavy at times so i take my Skinfood Mist with me : D
    Fragrance: I'm gonna say floral xD
    Oil-Control: I think the oil control is decent...a TEENSY WEENSY bit oily in the tzone
    Overall comments: On days i want more coverage i turn to this...plus its the best bb cream that suits my shade xD

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Skin79 Diamond BB Cream
    Coverage: Sheer....doesn't cover any of my discolouration
    Texture: Liquidy...its super easy to blend but once again... its not hiding much
    Shade: WAYYY to light for me image pooo i'm too scared to walk out in public with this on...thank god its a sample size xD
    Fragrance: Can't smell anything
    Oil-Control: Don't know..haven't tried long enough to see
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Not sure about this one either
    Overall comments: I can't really judge this one since its too light for me

Skin type: Combo + Sensitive
    Skin tone: NC 35 in summer....but i get a paler in winter
    Skin undertone: Pink (i have HORRIBLE flushed cheeks image)
    Skincare Regime: J&J Baby Wash, LUSH Toner, Marcelle Moisturizer for day/Bio-oil at night
    Happy moments, praise God.
    Difficult moments, seek God.
    Quiet moments, worship God.
    Painful moments, trust God.
    Every moment, thank God.
  • Stolen_watersStolen_waters COcocoPosts: 1,288Member

IDOL

edited April 2009
    [BB Cream Brand & Name] Missha Perfect Cover #23
    Coverage: Medium
    Texture: Thick & Creamy liquid
    Shade: #23 is waaaaaay too dark for me. I know I'm not that fair, so I was actually surprised it made me look like I put on tanning lotion
    Fragrance: Smells like my grandma, and after some time it has this rubbery smell to it.
    Oil-Control: n/a
    Dewy or Matte (finish): matte
    Overall comments: The first thing I said when I put it on was "ZOMBIE!!!". image I remember some soompi members saying their faces looking a bit grayish at first, so I thought it was normal and just waited till the bb cream took its effects. But really, it was scary. I rode the bus to school, and the bus ride was my "waiting time" for the bb cream to show its true shade. When I was almost at school, which was 20 mins. later, my face looked really dark! It was so fake, I had to run to nearest bathroom and wipe it all off. When I first saw the grayish effect on my skin I thought the bb cream was too light, but NOOO, gosh no, it was brown as chocolate. Soooo, I just probably got the wrong shade. I think I should've gotten #21, but I'm not THAT fair, so I thought #23 was really the perfect shade for me.

The coverage and the overall effect, however, was really nice. I don't have perfect skin, but it made my face look clean and smooth.
    I have nothing to say about oil control though, since I removed it right away. image
    Oh! It didn't make me break out as well. I'm sure of it, since I didn't wash the product off. I just wiped some of it, and I could still see some of the effects after I've wiped it off. My skin is really sensitive, and if a product is really bad for me, my face would break out in the afternoon (if I apply it in the morning).

I have an extra sample of Missha's #23. Is there anyone willing to trade with #21?
    I wanna try it first to make sure I don't waste my money on a full size bottle/tube. image

QUOTE (l3oosh @ Apr 1 2009, 11:06 AM) »
    Drat. I have no way of buying bb cream in stores, and I'm not buying anything off the Internet, so I thought I'd try to swap for it, but the only Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream I could find to swap for was #21. Maybe there's someone who has a #23 who might want to swap? image

Is your #21 the full size bottle? I only have a sample, so if yours is just a sample, I can swap with you. image
    Visit my store!
    Jackets, shoes, tops, accessories, and conditioners for sale
  • x`aNNiie.x`aNNiie. AustraliaPosts: 3,505Member

IDOL

^ i was thinking of getting the #23, do you know shade in MAC you are?

-KeY;;<33-

• Stolen_watersStolen_waters COcocoPosts: 1,288Member

IDOL

edited April 2009
    QUOTE (x`aNNiie. @ Apr 2 2009, 06:49 PM) »
    ^ i was thinking of getting the #23, do you know shade in MAC you are?

Sorry, I don't.
    I've just checked your 411, but I can't really tell if I'm lighter than you 'cause of the flash effects in your pictures. image
    I guess I am lighter, based on some of the pictures...
    you can buy samples online too. I think it's better if you try it on yourself first, 'cause someone posted before that #21 was yellowish.

Visit my store!
    Jackets, shoes, tops, accessories, and conditioners for sale
  • sapphirebluebabiisapphirebluebabii Aust. ;]]Posts: 369Member
    ^^ havent had time to make a purchase of missha perfect cover bb cream..

now im having second thoughts because u said it turned out to be too dark for you ..

how would you describe ur skintone?

희철♥이특♥한경♥강인♥신동♥동해♥은혁♥기범♥시원♥려욱♥예성♥성민♥규현
    [ ]
  • x`aNNiie.x`aNNiie. AustraliaPosts: 3,505Member

IDOL

edited April 2009
    QUOTE (Stolen_waters @ Apr 3 2009, 01:01 PM) »
    Sorry, I don't.
    I've just checked your 411, but I can't really tell if I'm lighter than you 'cause of the flash effects in your pictures. image
    I guess I am lighter, based on some of the pictures...
    you can buy samples online too. I think it's better if you try it on yourself first, 'cause someone posted before that #21 was a yellowish.

anyway, I'll probably update again this weekend. I'll try it again, and keep it on my face the whole day.

Oh, my photos in my 411 are over a year old.
    What about other foundation shades? Anything? lol.
    Im not chocolate dark as you described #23..so i don't know lol.
    Or maybe you could provide me a picture of your skintone?

-KeY;;<33-

• yunayuna &#28331;&#21733;&#33775;Posts: 1,459Member
    Does anyone know where I can order samples?

The links on the first page doesn't work no more..image
  • KTZ811KTZ811 The 8o8 State, yo&#33;Posts: 715Member
    Help! What's good shade for someone who is NC 42?
    "In this world, love is more hungered for than bread."
  • skankehskankeh Posts: 53Member
    Just ordered Missha PC #21.
    I read that it oxidizes for some people, ugh. ;~;
  • _serene_serene Posts: 194Member
    If we apply BB cream like the Missha PC, are we suppose to set it with a finishing powder so it won't look shiny and oily? Any recomendations? And what kind of blush do you recommend for BB creams ^^;
    Serenely yours...
    i love you.
  • il rain liil rain li Posts: 33Member

Has anyone tried anything else besides the bb cream from dr jart?

i was thinking about buying all these products but i don't know if they will be good or not....i wanted to buy

so any comments?

• bbylove*bbylove* Posts: 579Member
    Has anyone ever tried Jigott BB Cream?

Reviews?

• MeriendaTimeMeriendaTime Posts: 483Member
    edited April 2009
    Skin type: Dry.
    Skin tone: Light/Medium
    Skin undertone: Neutral with slightly more yellow beige.
    Skincare Regime: Dermalogica cleanser, Laneige refiner;emulsion;essence;waterbank cream. Clay mask once a week with moisturizing sleeping pack.

[Hanskin Premium Magic BB with SPF 15]
    Coverage: Sheer to Medium.
    Texture: Thick, a bit difficult to blend.
    Shade: Has some slight pink undertones.
    Fragrance: Has a slight smell, but I can't really place it, it doesn't smell bad.
    Oil-Control: No oil control.
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Dewy.
    Overall comments: I'm not sure if it's because I use tons of lotions/sunscreen before applying make up but it looked like I rubbed my face with crisco. I had to dust my face with MSF so I don't look like a discoball. It did however even out my skin tone and covered up my undereye circles. I still had to use concealer to cover up post acne marks. I would repurchase because I like how it looks with MSF dusted over it.

[Hankins Control Skin ]
    Coverage: Sheer but Buildable
    Texture: Very creamy.
    Shade: It looked orangey/yellow at first but it blended in.
    Fragrance: Slight alcoholy fragrance, not bothersome.
    Oil-Control: Oil control was OKAY. Nothing spectacular.
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Semi-Matte.
    Overall comments: I didn't like this BB cream much, alone it didn't really look that great. I tried wearing studio fix/MUFE HD/Dual cyrstal foundation and have found that it makes my make stay on just a bit longer than normal. I passed it off to my sister who has acne issues, she seems to like it.

[Hanskin Glossy Magic ]
    Coverage: Very sheer
    Texture: Liquidy, very easy to apply
    Shade: Pinkish gray
    Fragrance: Typical cosmetic smell
    Oil-Control: The oil control wasn't bad, it's the pearlized gleam not oil that people seem to mistake as bad oil control.
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Dewy/glowy
    Overall comments: This works great as a highlight. It's definitely more believable as a highlight compared to things msfs,shimmerbricks etc. I would def repurchase this product again, as I like the dewy/glowy look. It reminds me of a lighter version of missha's watery bb cream. I'd prob mix it w/ a bb cream w/ more coverage as it's very sheer.
  • RelenaChung15RelenaChung15 Posts: 330Member
    BRTC Perfect Recovery
    Texture: Creamy
    Shade: BRTC cream's have only one shade
    Fragrance: None
    Oil Control: It's pretty good
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Matte but then it turned dewy on my skin
    Overall comments: I think this is a good cream. I haven't broken out from it at all. The only concerns I have about it is that 1. It's expensive 2. The cream itself is more pink/pale. My skin color is more yellow/tanish so when I put on the cream, it really drowns out my skin. I only use it as a concealer now and then put powder on the rest of my face. Other than that, I haven't broken out from the cream at all and it's pretty good.

Aloe Sun SPF20 PA+ 50mL
    Texture: Creamy
    Shade: Shade 2
    Fragrance: I can't describe it but I really like the smell of it. It's a mixture of aloe and make-up
    Oil-Control: It's pretty good!
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Matte and then it turns dewy
    Overall comments: I LOVE wearing SkinFood! It feels really light on my skin and I can feel my skin breathing for once! I had to use the shade 2 because my skin is darker with yellowish tones. After I wash my face and put on lotion, I usually apply the cream and pat it all over my face. Then I use the BRTC bb cream as a concealer and then powder the rest of my face. It's the second day I'm using it and my skin feels so much better! I haven't broken out yet from wearing the cream either. The only concern I have is getting the cream. My mom went to Hong Kong for vacation and spent forever trying to find the cream. If you live in Korea, I'm sure you'll have an easier time.

Skin type:
    Skin tone:
    Skin undertone:
    Skincare Regime:

Skin type: Acne-prone, combo
    Skin tone: I wear Clinique make-up so my foundation is shade 24 and powder is 06 deep.
    Skin undertone: yellow-ish beige
    Skincare Regime: Day: just water and lotion Night: a ph balanced cleanser and lotion
  • fatcupofteafatcupoftea Middle EarthPosts: 1,198Member
    edited April 2009
    Just thought I'd share this information.

Not to discourage anyone from using bb cream (I've been using bb cream for the past year now), but recently my mom told me there was a newspaper article about how there is asbestos in Korean bb creams which are toxic and known to cause lung cancer.