I kissed a girl and I liked it
KATY PERRY

90qc12.jpg

295zs6.jpg

35buhpt.png

x1j7dy.png

2larmgk.jpg

2evun35.jpg

Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson (born October 25, 1984), known by her stage name Katy Perry, is an American singer-songwriter and musician. Born in California to pastor parents, she grew up listening to gospel music and singing in church. Perry rose to fame in 2008 with her breakthrough single “I Kissed a Girl”.

Perry began with an on-and-off recording career, having been dropped three times by record labels. After signing to Capitol Music Group in 2007, she released her first mainstream album, One of the Boys. It contains the worldwide hits “I Kissed a Girl” and “Hot N Cold”.

Perry was born Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson on October 25, 1984 in Santa Barbara, California, United States. The middle child of two pastors, she has an older sister and younger brother. She was a born again and sang in their church. Her Evangelical mother, Mary Hudson, grew up in Southern California, and had “a tempestuous first marriage in Zimbabwe”. Her dad was a West Coast scenester in the 1960s. She grew up listening to gospel music and was not allowed to listen to secular music.

She graduated from Dos Pueblos High School, in Goleta, California, in 2003, and immediately moved to Los Angeles at age 18. Among her musical influences are Alanis Morissette, and pop rockers Cyndi Lauper, Pat Benatar, Joan Jett and Shirley Manson.

Perry dated Gym Class Heroes frontman Travis McCoy on and off for several years. After more than a year of friendship and casual dating, they became serious with their relationship right before they embarked into the 2008 Warped Tour. Perry and McCoy broke up in December 2008.

Perry’s songs, particularly “Ur So Gay” and “I Kissed a Girl”, have generated controversies upon their release. The songs have have received reactions from religious groups and gay periodicals. Perry responded to the controversy surrounding “Ur So Gay”: “It’s not a negative connotation. It’s not, ‘you’re so gay,’ like, ‘you’re so lame,’ but the fact of the matter is that this boy should’ve been gay. I totally understand how it could be misconstrued or whatever … I wasn’t stereotyping anyone in particular, I was talking about ex-boyfriends.”

In case you still don't know who she is...

Thinking Of You

Hot N Cold

Waking Up In Vegas

Like her music? Think it sucks? Just think she's okay?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bunsen

She's my new guilty pleasure =P

I absolutely love her song "I'm Still Breathing". It's such an emotional break-up/ post break-up song, love it!

Guest melon

One word: overplayed

Not a big fan of her voice either. She kind of looks like Lily Allen in the second picture.

Guest KAITOU KID.

lol... her mv for I kissed a girl

would've been more interesting if she actually did it.

YEAH, haha.

I was waiting for it throughout the whole MV. Never happened D:

Guest steph*funny

LOL, I find it ironic that she was a gospel singer....but she got 'famous' for "I Kissed A Girl".

Ahah anyway...catchy song I guess.

Guest xCATHY

i luv katy perry! shes so cute (:

i like hot n cold best

she was so cute in the cupid's chokehold video with traveyyyy

Guest HeffyEnd

I've only heard that I Kissed A Girl song and I thought it was rather annoying.

A lot of gay people actually seem to be offended by it. Or at least the ones I've come across. I don't think they like treating homosexuality as a trend.

Guest lolimomi

^yeah her style seems cool and she's pretty too..

the lyrics is so damn good..:the taste of her cherry chapstick:

anyway i really like "thinking of you"

it kinda shows a different sides of her..

Guest bonbons

haha I love you're so gay~ good song , fun to sing along to , and get weird stares from people along the way.

she's got a cute style

Guest tinatran_

her voice is great. when she's live, her voice is okay. on fnmtv, i was hoping for a great performance. oh wells. she's not the best, but she's alright x)

Archived