What Is Love?

Guest Loveology

Guest Loveology

- discuss love and true love etc here
Ok, so the other day, my friend and I were discussing what love was.

And I told him that I thought it was wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone.

And he said that was pretty stupid.

So, I want to know, what is love to you, how do you define it?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Supremacy

Hard to define.

But i found this

The most spectacular,indescribable, deep euphoric feeling for someone.

Love is an incredibly powerful word. When you're in love, you always want to be together, and when you're not, you're thinking about being together because you need that person and without them your life is incomplete.

This love is unconditional affection with no limits or conditions: completely loving someone. It's when you trust the other with your life and when you would do anything for each other. When you love someone you want nothing more than for them to be truly happy no matter what it takes because that's how much you care about them and because their needs come before your own. You hide nothing of yourself and can tell the other anything because you know they accept you just the way you are and vice versa.

It's when they're the last thing you think about before you go to sleep and when they're the first thing you think of when you wake up, the feeling that warms your heart and leaves you overcome by a feeling of serenity. Love involves wanting to show your affection and/or devotion to each other. It's the smile on your face you get when you're thinking about them and miss them.

Love can make you do anything and sacrifice for what will be better in the end. Love is intense,and passionate. Everything seems brighter, happier and more wonderful when you're in love. If you find it, don't let it go.

Guest xTwilight

^You're defining love using the same dictionary that defines n00b and 1337?

wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone.

Isn't that what most people feel when they get into a relationship? Or do most people actually go in thinking they're going to construct additional pylons later on?

Guest Loveology

Isn't that what most people feel when they get into a relationship? Or do most people actually go in thinking they're going to construct additional pylons later on?

I dunno, but let's keep this thread going.

Guest KAITOU KID.

I mainly came into this thread because of the Haddaway lyrics XD.

Honestly, no clue how to define it though. Maybe that's why it's special :}

Guest babybuggyY2K

friendship is like many seeds . and love is the ones that actually blossom into flowers . everyone has more than 1 love in a lifetime . so love is a intimate friendship that provides security to a certain level? hehe i don't know. you would know when it comes to you . but i imagine it like many seeds.

Guest andersennavy

love is when ur heart beats looking at ur s/o knowing u got so lucky that she said yes when u asked her to go out w u n being ur gf :blush:

Guest hungrycollegeboy

Love is the limit of me plus you as our feelings for each other approach infinity.

B)

Guest xTwilight

Let's just use analogies to describe things. People can understand it better.

Love is like starcraft, the longer you play, the harder it gets.

Love is like starcraft, the more players there are, the more complicated it becomes.

Guest InfiniteTime

love is unexplainable, because i doubt that 1 out of a million even experienced true love . in other words, it doesn't exist

Guest Sweetraindrops

Ok, so the other day, my friend and I were discussing what love was.

And I told him that I thought it was wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone.

And he said that was pretty stupid.

So, I want to know, what is love to you, how do you define it?

HAHAH.. so what he gotta say bout love.. i wannaa knoww.. HAHAH

Guest anshiiyaa

No words can describe what l o v e means. You have to experience it, to know what the meaning of l ov e is.

Guest Ningyo

Everyone has a different definition of love. Yours is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. Someone else's might be "I want someone who can give all their paychecks to me." someone else's might be: "Someone who I can whip and pour hot wax on"

Mine is: "Someone who I look forward to waking up to everyday" :)

So, everyone wants someone different. The problem is looking for someone who wants the same thing you do

Guest ShadowMax76

it's young and stupid. :3

old lovers call that Puppy Love,

and call real love 'the reason to give everything to your children, and get nothing back"

but the bottom line is, you care about someone emotionally.

Guest supa'Wanki

"Logic says everything in this world has a cause and an effect. True Love is the only feeling which is its own cause and its own effect. It is something illogical and yet above all logic. I Love her because I Love her, and I Love her so I Love her. Therefore since love is both logical and illogical, it is unexplainable which makes it wonderful." - Prateek Kumar Singh

Archived