High Heels - Neeeed Advice

Guest f4f0rever

Guest f4f0rever

someone once told me that you should buy heels a size bigger to avoid blisters & it's more comfortable ...so i bought this really nice pair of heels in size 7. i normally wear size 6 in shoes. is it normal that my heels keep slipping out of the shoe? i find that its hard to walk normally with my feet popping outta the shoe cus it's too big for me -__-

should i keep the shoe or return it for a smaller size?

thanks in advance for the help!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Clu3less

i think at most it should only be half a size up. i find it too hard to walk though cause i cant keep my balance since the shoes too big.

Guest lovecarolyn

yeah, half a size.

it just looks ridiculous walking with your heel coming up cause you dont fit them.

half a size should be good.

Guest dafleur

do NOT size up when wearing heels, your feet will slide down past the toebox of the shoe if they are too big. if you bought a good quality pair of shoes, they should fit quite snuggly when you first put them on. with more and more wear, the leather will stretch out a little bit and conform to the shape of your foot.

:crazy: to those who say size up!!!

Guest lime_shadow

i always thought it was your normal size or .5 size down.

I never go up in pump sizes.

i.e. I wear a 7 usually, but for pumps, i usually buy 6.5

Guest babyvivi

get high quality high heels, you won't get as many blisters from those. get ones that fit you the looser they are the worser they are for your feet in the long run. also if you want, invest in gel soles for the high heels those should help as well.

i hear http://www.footpetals.com/cgi-bin/footpetals/index.html <-- is a good brand.

anyways, dish out the cash for a good pair of heels. or do it like i did.. go through 6 pairs of heels before finally knowing what exactly IS a good pair of heels (coulda bought 2-3 GOOD pairs with the money i spent -.-)

Guest LOVE&FREEDOM_beautyofX

i've never heard of that. i always buy size 9.. in whatever shoe/heel/etc. ........ o__O

Guest je_amourx

I have the same problem but only because I have such small feet. You should definitely invest in these. They're call Heel Liners, can be found anywhere; Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Drugstores,etc, their $3-$4 dollars and does the trick. You stick in on the the back (upright) of your heels and it prevents blisters as well.

51-3UjZBI4L._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-5,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

Guest fxxkrouji

i always thought it was your normal size or .5 size down.

I never go up in pump sizes.

i.e. I wear a 7 usually, but for pumps, i usually buy 6.5

That's always what I thought, though I'm not a heel wearer.

I just thought it was for easy walking, since your foot wouldn't be moving around in the shoe too much.

Guest random koohkie

I think usually, you do go down for heel sizes since you're not wearing socks.

It all depends on the brand I guess.

Guest annameg

yup. i NEVER get a SIZE up whether it be flats or kicks.

sometimes, pumps are a bit big to me even though theyre my size so i get half size down^^

Guest Naimie

do NOT size up when wearing heels, your feet will slide down past the toebox of the shoe if they are too big. if you bought a good quality pair of shoes, they should fit quite snuggly when you first put them on. with more and more wear, the leather will stretch out a little bit and conform to the shape of your foot.

:crazy: to those who say size up!!!

Yeah what the hell, exactly what I was thinking??? Just a buy your regular size.

Guest *karina*

I usually buy a size down cause of feet slipping down. I've never known anyone to buy a size up (cause that makes absolutely no sense cause your feet will slide even more and they would be even looser than they would in your regular size).

Guest gal-bi

dont size up.

just wear a pair that feels comfortable.

it will stretch out over time :)

hope you got a receipt?

Guest alligatortears

get a smaller size,

cause it's a pain when your feet keeps slipping out.

the smaller size will stretch out a little so you'll be fine.

Guest x__h a ll e n`

But wouldn't it hurt the back of your foot near your heel area because your skin would keep rubbing against the material?

At most it should just be half a size.

Archived