Dyed Blonde Hair On Asians?

Guest butterandtoast

Guest butterandtoast

Do you think blonde hair looks good on asians?
Okay, so I want to dye my hair blonde.

I'm full Korean, and I've been hearing from a lot of people that blonde hair looks really, really bad on Asians...>.<

Whereas my friends and other people are telling me that I would look good with it.

I think it just matters on the individual, not the race, but..What do you guys think?

Oh- and it would be helpful if you guys could post pictures of Asians with dyed blonde hair!

Thank you:D

Here's some pictures:(mostly Park hee bon pictures...Couldnt find that many^^)

hee56.jpg

iloveherstyleqb5.jpg

thHero_J_00_by_itachi9123.jpg

yooneunhye.jpg

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SnookiePink

No, to me I feel they're just trying to be white [no offense] and..sorta have that Californian-girl image. imo

Guest ginger

I did blonde and an orange-y blonde before--looked good. I got a LOT OF ATTENTION, though, so if you don't want random guys and girls coming up to compliment you by the dozens, DON'T do it.

I don't think it's trying to be white at all. My best friend has naturally light brown hair and she dyed it black last year. She's kept it that way and it looks great, and I've never heard anyone accuse her of trying to be "more Asian."

For me, dying my hair is like changing my clothes--it's just style, no politics.

-ginger

Guest marasshi

I think Heebon looks bad with that kind of blond hair (I like her though).

Jaejoong looks like a god good with his blond hair (maybe because his hair has more of a silvery undertone?).

I think you'd have to have the right skin tone to pull off a light blond color. Most Asians have yellow undertones whereas Caucasians who are naturally blond have more of pinkish/red undertones?

So I guess you'd have to choose the right type of blond for yourself to look good. Anyway, it's just hair color, I don't see how I would consider it as "trying to be white."

Guest XxIPray4uxx

In my opinion, asians look better with black hair. I used to dye my hair in blonde, but I looked out of the place, so after two weeks, I dyed it back to black.

Guest sayuri43

I've never really liked blond hair on asians...

I think to date, I've only liked it on Jaejoong...

Even though there are other stars that tried it that are pretty or good looking, the blond just doesn't look good...

Jaejoong, on the other hand, looks like he freaking stepped out of a final fantasy game <3 <3 <3

Guest dancingbymyself

I did blonde and an orange-y blonde before--looked good. I got a LOT OF ATTENTION, though, so if you don't want random guys and girls coming up to compliment you by the dozens, DON'T do it.

I don't think it's trying to be white at all. My best friend has naturally light brown hair and she dyed it black last year. She's kept it that way and it looks great, and I've never heard anyone accuse her of trying to be "more Asian."

For me, dying my hair is like changing my clothes--it's just style, no politics.

-ginger

Pretty much. My hair is my canvas. It depends on my mood. If i'm in a good mood I might run to the store and buy some brown or red. If i'm sad, then I might get some black, or a dark brown.

Guest rockstar_baby

I think Heebon looks bad with that kind of blond hair (I like her though).

Jaejoong looks like a god good with his blond hair (maybe because his hair has more of a silvery undertone?).

I think you'd have to have the right skin tone to pull off a light blond color. Most Asians have yellow undertones whereas Caucasians who are naturally blond have more of pinkish/red undertones?

So I guess you'd have to choose the right type of blond for yourself to look good. Anyway, it's just hair color, I don't see how I would consider it as "trying to be white."

I agree with you :]

Also, the dye job is quite important. I really dislike that brassy-orange colour...

miporanzkui07lg0.jpg

purikurajellypopteenha4.png

tsubasamagictolove02sy7.png

^these girls can pull it off

Guest Soho Doll

I personally LOATHE blonde or any near variation of blonde on any asian girl. I mean, I don't mind any other color, but blonde just seems trashy to me. I can't stand looking at anyone with it. Actually, the blonde applies to any race that wasn't meant to have blonde hair but done artificially for a reason I can't comprehend.

Guest min_ae

I personally LOATHE blonde or any near variation of blonde on any asian girl. I mean, I don't mind any other color, but blonde just seems trashy to me. I can't stand looking at anyone with it. Actually, the blonde applies to any race that wasn't meant to have blonde hair but done artificially for a reason I can't comprehend.

I totally agree with you. And I think it makes you look washed out, if that makes any sense.

Guest shiawasebeam

I think blonde looks great on visual-kei boys
:D

as long as you can pull it off, I think it's okay.

Guest tbkonwso

i also think blond is very trashy on asian girls. i dont like it, i adore asian girls with deep deep deep shinny ink black hair with pale skin n touch of pink on the cheek lol.

Archived