[movie 2009] Haeundae 해운대 (7/23/2009)

Guest White Star

Guest White Star

HaJiWon, SeolKyeongGu, UhmJungHwa, ParkJoongHoon, LeeMinKi...

Haeundae

teaserposter1.jpg

Ha Ji Won as Kang Yeon Hee

ei080305004ia3.jpg

Seol Kyeong Gu as Choi Man Shik

200806021720178410js5.jpg

Uhm Jung Hwa as Lee Yoo Jin

img24442731tf0.jpg

Lee Min Ki as Choi Hyung Shik

boomnov073tg4.jpg

Park Joong Hun as Kim Hwi

p0000032peo51013h585ql8.jpg

Oh Dong Chook (played by Kim In Kwon)

♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥

Info

Movie: Hauendae

Casting: Ha Ji Won(Hwang Jin Yi, Miracle on 1st Street, Babo), Seol Kyeong Gu (Public Enemy 3, Venus and Mars), Uhm Jung Hwa (Changing Partner, Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung, Seducing Mr.Perfect), Lee Min Ki (A Day for an Affair, Romantic Island, Oishii Man, Taerung's National Village, I Really Really Like You, Dalja's Spring)

Director &Executive Producer: Yoon Je-gyun (Miracle on 1st Street, Sex is Zero)

Producer: Lee Ji-seung

Screenplay/Original Story: Yoon Je-gyun

Cinematography: Kim Young-ho

Editing: Shin Min-kyeong (won the Best Editing Award for "Seven Days" at 2008's Grand Bell Awards)

Music: Lee Byeong-woo

Lighting: Hwang Soon-uk

Recording: Eun Hee-su

Sound: Choi Tae-young (LiveTone)

Art Direction: Hwang In-jun

Costumes: Kim Jung-won

Make-Up: Lee Sun-mi

Schedule to be premiere: July 2009 (unconfirmed)

Presented by CJ Entertainment

Produced by Doosaboo Film

Distributed by CJ Entertainment

Natural Disatster, 35mm, 2.35:1, Color, Dolby SRD

Brief Synopsis: It's South Korea’s first disaster movie and centers on a tsunami that wipes out South Korea’s most famous beach, Haeundae, in Busan City.

Located on the Southeast of the Korean peninsula is the international city of Busan. A popular vacation spot on the East Sea coast, Haeundae draws one milion visitors to its beaches every year. Man-sik, a native of Haeundae, went deep-sea fishing four years before and lost a co-workier in a tsunami; he has never returned. He now leads a simple life running a small sushi shop and is preparing to propose to his longtime girlfriend, Yeon-hee. While these seemingly banal domestic affairs unfold, geologist KIMHwi, an expert on tsunami research, discovers the East Sea is showing signs of activity similar to the Indian Ocean at the time of the 2004 tsunami. Despite his warnings, the Disaster Prevention Agency affirms that Korea is in no harm of being hit. When he discovers a super tsunami starting in Tsushima, Japan is headed stratight for the Korean peninsula, he quicklu heads down to Haeundae. Eventually, KIM gets a call about a deadly oncoming wave, with only ten minutes to spare! While the vacationers and citizens of Busan are enjoying a peaceful, hot summer day, a super-tsunami is headed straight for Haeundae.

♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥ ○ ♥

News

2007-12-12

This beach is off limits! Korea enters disaster movie field with ‘Hauendae’

Ha-Ji-won.jpg

There is a lot of genre association with regions of Asian cinema. There are some films that one country

will do better than the rest. And when you think of Korea one of the first genres that come to mind certainly

would not be DISASTER MOVIE! But U.S.-based Polygon Entertainment has comes to terms with Korean

firm Doosabu Film to produce two effects-heavy Korean features.

The first is Haeundae, to be directed by Doosabu head Yoon Je-gyun. It is billed as South

Korea’s first disaster movie and centers on a tsunami that wipes out South Korea’s most

famous beach, Haeundae, in Busan City. Now why does that ring a bell? The name is familiar

to film industry players because Haeundae is also the location of the Pusan International Film Festival.

Actress Ha Ji-won [The Duelist, Sex is Zero] has reportedly been cast in the lead role and briefly

stolen my heart as I write this post. Polygon will oversee special effects on this film.

The second film is a sci-fi monster movie about the crew of an oil rig battling a deep sea monster.

Having already done the monster movie really, really, well we’ll see if Korea can do it again.

No director has been named yet and shooting should begin in 2008. Polygon will act as a full

co-producer on the second project, while also handling rights in North America. Firm will be involved in

both projects from the screenplay stage.

Source:

Original article at Twitchfilm.net

Posted by Mack

=================================

2008-06-05

'Kang Cheol-jung' Seol Kyeong-gu, next work is 10 billion won project "Haeundae"

2008060509024322845_1.jpg

Seol Kyeong-gu has returned in seven years as detective Kang Chul-joong in "Public Enemy Returns" which premieres on the 19th.

His next work will be the blockbuster "Haeundae".

The movie "Haeundae" will start test filming in August.

A representative of "Haeundae" said, "Seol Kyeong-gu's role has been confirmed.

We will start filming in Haeundae in August, when people start gathering there".

"Haeundae" is a blockbuster prepared by Director Yoon Je-kyoon, who directed "Sex Is Zero" and "Miracle on 1st Street".

It is about a tsunami that covers Pusan Haeundae. Ten billion won has been invested, and Ha Ji-won will be in it.

Seol Kyeong-gu plays a father with two children, and will act as a father once again

following "Voice of Murderer" and "Public Enemy Returns".

Hans Uhlig, the computer graphic supervisor for "The Perfect Storm" and "The Day After Tomorrow",

will help in "Haeundae". There is anticipation for a realistic portrayal.

Source:

Original article at Starnews

English Translation at HanCinema

Posted by kdramafanusa

2008-08-13

Uhm Jung-hwa in the new movie "Haeundae"

posterphoto59892.jpg

Costarring with Ha Ji-won and Seol Kyeong-gu in the movie "Haeundae", Uhm Jung-hwa returns to the movie screens after a year.

Uhm Jung-hwa will be acting as one of the civilians who suffer under the great tsunami that hits Pusan seashore of Haeundae.

Filming for this high budget film will begin this month!

Last year, Uhm was in the movie "Changing Partners" and currently she is active as a singer for her song, "D.I.S.C.O".

Source:

Original article at cynews.cyworld

English Translation at HanCinema

Posted by creidesca

2008-08-13

Huge Cast Battles Tsunami in 해운대 (Haeundae)

Just how big is this cast going to get?

Billed as Korea’s first ever disaster movie, Yoon Je-Gyun’s 해운대 (Haeundae) seems to be wasting little time in

attaching a huge list of stars to its blockbuster label. Ha Ji-Won being cast was a pretty predictable move,

as she’s been appearing in some way or form for the last few Yoon films—after 색즉시공 (Sex is Zero) anyway.

But the rest of the list is pretty impressive, starting from Lee Min-Gi to Lee Joon-Ki (the former might have

replaced the latter, though, as there was no word of Lee Joon-Ki in recent news), Hwang Jung-Min, Seol Gyeong-Gu,

and last in line Eom Jeong-Hwa and Park Joong-Hoon. Film is about a huge tsunami hitting the beaches of Haeundae,

Busan (anyone who ever went to the PIFF should be familiar with the place), and all the happenings surrounding the event.

Park will play the man who discovers the formation of this huge tsunami, and tries to alert the

Busan population, while Eom will be his divorced wife.

The 15 Billion won blockbuster will be produced by Yoon’s own Doosabu Film, while CG will be handled by

Hollywood’s Polygon Entertainment, one of the two projects Polygon will be involved with in the near future.

The film will start preliminary shooting (CG-related) later this month, and begin principal photography in September.

Yoon’s last film, the human dramedy 1번가의 기적 (Miracle on 1st Street), was one of the biggest

hits of 2007, with over 2.7 million tickets sold.

Source:

Original article at news.naver

English Translation at twitchfilm by X

2008-08-24

Principal Photography Begins on Korean Tsunami Movie HAEUNDAEAll

Star Korean Cast Teams with US FX Crew for Large Scale Disaster Movie

The popular Haeundae Beach will be wiped out by a tsunami in the upcoming South

Korean disaster film HAEUNDAE. Photo courtesy of Polygon EntertainmentOn August 18, 2008, Doosaboo Film, Inc.

began principal photography on the motion picture HAEUNDAE at the beaches of Busan, South Korea.

In the upcoming film— billed as “South Korea’s first big-budget disaster movie”— Haeundae Beach and

the surrounding district will be utterly destroyed by a tsunami.

Besides serving as the name of the movie, Haeundae is one of the most popular beaches in Korea; on

any given day one can find more than 100,000 tourists packed on its narrow one-mile strip of sand.

The beach is also home to Korea’s world-famous Pusan International Film Festival.

HAEUNDAE is being directed by Youn Je-Kyoun, CEO of Doosaboo Film. Born in Busan in 1969, Youn

is a popular writer, producer and director whose credits include the hits MY BOSS, MY HERO (Doosaboo

Ilchae, 2001), SEX IS ZERO (Saek-jeung-si-gong, 2002), MY LOVELY WEEK (Naesaengae Gajang Areumdawun Iljuil,

2005), and MIRACLE ON 1St STREET (1 Beon-ga-eui Gi-jeok, 2006).

Youn is well known for translating his humorous and romantic nature into his films, and the press release for

HAEUNDAE states this will also be the case with this latest production.

HAEUNDAE star Sol Kyung-gu in a scene from the movie KANG CHUL-JUNG:

PUBLIC ENEMY 1-1 (Kang Chul-jung: Gonggongui Jeog 1-1). © 2008 Cinema

ServiceFollowing the “all-star cast” formula of American disaster movies of the 1970s, HAEUNDAE is

packed with A-list actors from the Korean film industry.

Lead actor Sol Kyung-gu plays the part of Choi Man-shik, a Haeundae Beach shop owner and the head of

an association called the “Haeundae Dock Shopping Street Prosperity Committee”. Sol is an internationally

acclaimed actor who has won the Korean Grand Bell Award and been named “Best Actor” at the Blue Dragon

Flim Festival, the Seattle International Film Festival, and the Bratislava International Film Festival. His credits

include the award-winning PEPPERMINT CANDY (Bakha Satang, 2000) and OASIS (2002) as well as the box

office hits PUBLIC ENEMY (Gonggongui Jeog, 2002) and SILMIDO (2003).

Popular actress Ha Ji-won in a scene from A FOOL (BA:BO).

© 2008 Wire to Wire FilmsActress and singer Ha Ji-won stars in HAEUNDAE as Kang Yeon-hee, the owner of

an unlicensed sashimi restaurant located on the Haeundae waterfront. Ha previously starred in the Korean

horror film PHONE (Pon, 2002), SEX IS ZERO, and MIRACLE ON 1St STREET. She won a “Best Actress”

award for her role in the television drama SOMETHING HAPPENED IN BALI (Ballieseo Saengkin Il, 2004).

Doosaboo Film recently announced, “We are excited to see actresses like Ha ji-Won, who is currently in the

mainstream of popularity in Korean movies, in our film”.

Ha Ji-won responded in kind. “I’ve worked with director Yoon Je-kyoun several times before,” she said,

“so now we can read each other’s minds with just an eye contact. I will do my best on HAEUNDAE.”

Veteran actor Park Joong-Hoon portrays Kim Hwi, a geologist working at an oceanographic institute. Park

has worked on dozens of Korean movies and also acted in the American film THE TRUTH ABOUT CHARLIE

(2002), which was directed by Jonathan Demme and starred Mark Wahlberg and Tim Robbins.

Eom Jeong-hwa returns to the big screen in HAEUNDAE. The actress/singer

is seen here is a still from SEDUCING MR. PERFECT (Miseuteo Robin Ggosigi).

© 2006 Sidus FNHPopular Korean actress/singer Eom Jeong-Hwa plays Lee Yu-jin, a career woman

coordinating an international event taking place in Busan. Her character is the ex-wife of geologist Kim Hwi.

Eom is one of the most successful K-pop singers of the 1990s, and is as well known for her revealing outfits

as she is for her roles in movies like MARRIAGE IS A CRAZY THING (Gyeolhoneun Michinjishida, 2002) and

PRINCESS AURORA (Orora Gongju, 2005). She is also the older sister of Eom Tae-woong, the star of the

Korean/American monster movie CHAW which is scheduled for release in December.

Rounding out the main cast are Lee Min-ki and Kim In-kwon. Lee has the part of Choi Hyeong-shik, a lifeguard

working with an ocean rescue unit. He is also the younger brother of Sol Kyung-gu’s character, Choi Man-shik.

Kim plays Oh Dong-choon, a local scamp and former elementary schoolmate of Kang Yeon-hee. The actor was most

recently seen playing a violent drug addict with a penchant for razor blades in FATE (Sookmyeong, 2008).

The first day’s filming for HAEUNDAE involved shooting a scene where Choi Man-shik delivers side dishes to Kang

Yeon-hee’s sashimi restaurant. It describes a peaceful day in Haeundae where the characters do not yet know that

a great disaster is headed their way. Actor Sol Kyung-gu said, “I’ve been worried about the bad weather,

but it seems that heaven helped us. It looks like a good omen for a smooth shoot.”

HAEUNDAE Director Youn Je-kyoun.Director Youn Je-kyoun added, “It is an honor to have a chance to work with this

great cast, and I feel very good because the first day of shooting was successful. I will do my best to a finish the film on schedule.”

After principal photography in Busan has wrapped, the crew will head to the US in November for special effects photography.

The American feature film production company Polygon Entertainment has taken on the challenge of producing

the tremendous special effects of water scenes and to provide the CGI for the picture.

Based in Marin County, California, Polygon was founded by Hans H. Uhlig (a digital artist and supervisor on such

films as STAR WARS EPISODE 1: THE PHANTOM MENACE, SIGNS, and SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF

TOMORROW) and Kim Doo-jin and provides a full suite of digital production services from live action to 3D

animation and visual effects. Youn Je-Kyoun enthusiatically announced, “With Polygon Entertainment’s founders’

impressive resume of past productions like THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW, THE PERFECT STORM, and

MASTER AND COMMANDER we are all excited to see what they come up with for this action-packed film.

We know it’s going to be footage never before seen!”

The budget for HAEUNDAE is reportedly 15 billion won (approximately $15 million US). The Korean film distributor

CJ Entertainment will provide all financing for the movie and act as co-producer. HAEUNDAE will wrap in December

2008 and be released in the summer of 2009.

Source: Sci Fi Japan

Polygon Entertainment official press release, official Korean press release

Translations and Additional Material: Kim Song-ho (Loomis)

Gallery

last edited October 9th, 2008

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sheena0627

lee jun ki and ha jin won... oh my god~~~ such a perfect cast!!!

is this going to be flim after junki finish with Iljimae? or he will flim both at the same time?

a tsunami movie? i wonder how its going to be like

Guest uguudei

Wow!!!!! Nice cast. Can't wait to see this movie. Sounds interesting. Disaster movie. Didn't really like the Host.

Hope it's good.

Guest White Star

Yes!!! The movie thread for Hauendae! :w00t:

Thanks so much White Star for starting this! What a cool first post!

Can't wait for Hwang Jung Min and Ha Ji Won.. aka Hwang Jini.. LOL.

Thanks Rubie for always keeping threads up to date.

I'm also looking forward to this movie.

+WS+

Guest pour dieu

ahh another jiwon movie~ interesting cast? XD

this sounds extremely promising D: can't wait for it

edit:

Director: Yoon Je-gyun (Miracle on 1st Street)
i'm in love already

Guest lOveKorea

Oppa and Ha Ji Won.. my dream will finally come true!!! :wub: Seriously cant wait for it!!

YAY~~ Thanks for the thread..

Guest thunderbolt

For real? :blink:

I...can't quite believe it. What a dream cast!! :w00t:

I was going to say the same thing. This is so exciting!! :w00t:

Guest wondergal

Thanks, White Star for starting up this thread. All the cast members looks good. Love HJW :D...can't wait!!!. I hope the movie will be good.

Guest Partners4Life

Great cast, but would have better if it were Jo In Sung as the male leading role...hehe. The movie looks interesting. Wondering when will they start filming?

Thanks, White Star for the posting!

Guest Morty

Great! Finally a thread for "Haeundae". I didn't know that Hwang Jeong-min and Lee Jun-ki are also going to star in this. Looks great! Thank you very much!!

Guest White Star

^i know...^_______^ did i mispelled it somewhere on the post? I double check and couldn't find it. Let me know where so I can fix it. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

+WS+

Guest kiwistar

omg YES YES YES YES

This pairing is a DREAM COME TRUE

My fav actor + fav actress together in a movie!

I'm ecstatic :w00t:

There's no way that this movie WON'T be amazing. The lead acting is soo strong.

Hopefully these aren't just rumors.

Guest Morty

Could someone translate the article in the first post? It would be very helpful since we have no further informations about this film.

Archived