Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Face Shop V S Skin Food

alexxiealexxie Posts: 216Member

ROOKIE

For those who have already tried their products, what can you say/recommend?

ROUND 1: Skin-Care products
Which of the two brands is more effective? Feedbacks?
Any recommendation on certain products?
do they have products for pores?

ROUND 2: Quality
which is milder and more skin-friendly?

ROUND 3: Cosmetics/Make-Up
Which has better make-up products?
Better variety? Better quality?
Which products actually work?

I wanted to try out these two brands, but i have no idea which is better. I don't want to get myself broke on useless stuff, so... opinions based on your experiences with these products? feedbacks?

As of now, I really like Skin Food's BB Cream (I think it's cucumber?). It has a good coverage and it smells good. It's not so heavy and you only need an ample amount to fully cover your face...^^ No irritation occurred throughout the day and it really covered-up my pimples well..^^

>A< aLexXie >A<
>a< BoA x TVXQ! x SuJu >a<

Replies

• livingdeaddolllivingdeaddoll Posts: 452Member

ROOKIE

Check this out for The Face Shop product reviews, etc.
    Click.

For Skinfood, I've tried quite a few of their products but I personally really like the Black Sugar Wash Off Mask. It exfoliates and makes my skin feel really nice after I wash it off. Though I've never tried their makeup, I've heard that SF's eyeshadows are pretty pigmented, especially for their price.
  • jaefanjaefan happiness ✿ SingaporePosts: 5,305Member

SUPERSTAR

i thought TFS was not bad for the cheap price.though i've tried limited products..lol.

Skinfood im not sure.

But u can really try out the skincare products from TFS.cosmetic products im not sure.only heard that their nail polish is great.but i hate their lip balm[in a small cute box]
    "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo F. Buscaglia
  • asianx3asianx3 HawaiiPosts: 118Member
    This is the first time I'm hearing about Skin Food. Do they sell it here in the US or is it just an online thing for now?
  • alexxiealexxie Posts: 216Member

ROOKIE

^^i dunno..image I dont live in the US... but they do have it in our country...image
    >A< aLexXie >A<
    >a< BoA x TVXQ! x SuJu >a<
  • isha_himitsuisha_himitsu San Diego,CAPosts: 609Member
    if you compare the prices of the face shop and skinfood, the face shop is much cheaper than the other one. in terms of their products, well it depends coz there are some stuff that are better than the other brand. anyway, the face shop has more products than skinfood image
    "Vanity Is My Favorite Sin" - www.ilovemybhie.blogspot.com
  • 쌀국수쌀국수 Posts: 338Member
    Between all those Korean face places (Beauty Credit, Etude House, Skin Food, Face Shop, Missha), many people I know think Skin Food is the best. But a lot of people seem to like Etude House, too.
  • NamineNamine chu chu kya kya ? Posts: 4,534Member

IDOL

if its about bb creams, etude and thefaceshop are rather poor image;;;
  • nova19nova19 Posts: 2Member
    QUOTE (쌀국수 @ Mar 30 2008, 07:48 AM) »
    Between all those Korean face places (Beauty Credit, Etude House, Skin Food, Face Shop, Missha), many people I know think Skin Food is the best. But a lot of people seem to like Etude House, too.

I like Skinfood's Aloe BB cream... think they been the bestsellers.
  • chipmunkeychipmunkey Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaPosts: 465Member
    personaly, i've tried skin food's eyeliner and i dont like it . it smudges like CRAZY and the face shop one was WAY BETTER . well, it still smudges but it's pretty minimal . hahaha i cant wait to try etude house! they're pretty cheap and affordable since it's targeted for the teen market . and to the one above who said that etude house have pretty poor bb cream, is that true? i was planning to get some! well, etude house is known for its excellent bb cream . as for the other brands i dont know but most people favor etude's bb to missha's .

basically, etude offers really good makeup for it's price i assume . it's from the same company as laneige anyway ! image

(updated with 200+ selections!)
    b l y t h e z o o | t a o b a o | t o k y o f a s h i o n | C C T |

GET $50 VOUCHER FOR EVERY PURCHASE OF $200
  • virvir111virvir111 Posts: 980Banned
    any korean makeup brands from amorepacific line is good. personally i like the faceshop bb cream,, but then i've never used the skinfood products
    imageimageimage
  • musicpoplovemusicpoplove NYPosts: 1,233Member
    edited December 2008
    I LOVE SKIN FOOD

i always went to skin food in MyungDong.... lol

i have:

-like many samples they give
    -apricot wet-hair leave in conditional
    -cottons (lol)
    -10nail sticker pads (LOVE IT)
    -nail polish (rich and really good.)
    -face cream+all kinds of face washes.
    all from skinfood.

SKINFOOD!. i actually went inside face shop once... basicly though Skin food, Face shop, Etude is ALL THE SAME.
    it's just different company and different items but they have the same stuff.

I'd say skin food has alot of.. creams for face. I have black head remover from ETude house.
    For recommendation i'd say from skin food go get Nail products. amazing. and get like black bean, rice, orange, Lemon, apple viniger face washes. The brocili face cream smells so good!

Yes quality is good. it's for asian skin so yeah. but like i said both company are very similar. I dont know much about face shop though. But i know face shop is tiny bit more expensive than skinfood
    it's also cute packages image!

i dont think skin food sell much make up? i dont know...
    but i have chapstick from skinfood.

the only thing i have from face shop is oil remover paper.
    i love skin food. i could buy the store.

THe Face shop stores just opened in the US
    but skin food and etude house is only in korea sorry :/
  • Tofu_CloudTofu_Cloud Posts: 2,943Member

IDOL

Skincare products: I used the face shop toner, ITS GREAT LOVE IT

Cosmetics: Skinfood bb cream is good too, The face shop gel liner dries way to fast in the jar... really rather infelicitous quality

• xbbydorkiixbbydorkii la la land (:Posts: 177Member
    edited January 2009
    Skin Food

I just got:
    -Mushroom multicare BB cream
    -Tomato sunblock
    -Black Raspberry eyecream
    -lemon pact
    -potato pact
    -aloe vera pact
    -herb green tea pact
    -black sugar mask
    -rice mask
    parsley and mandarian line:
    toner,emulsion, essence, spot jell and foam cleanser.

I'm not sure which brands are more effective. I'm new the this brand myself.
    The parsely and mandarian line is for pores and they have another line for pore minimizer.
    The faceshop also has products for pore, but i decided to try skinfood.

Faceshop and Skinfood should be the same. I believe there for younger people.
    but some people say that the brands doesn't fit there skin and makes them break out.
    i'll have to see since i just got my package from korea today :]

make up products I heard that etude is better for make up and skin care skinfood is better.
    but it should vary by each person. I heard different stories for each brands before i picked skinfood.

• rilaleslierilaleslie Posts: 19Member
    I've never tried Face Shop, but I use Skin Food and so far I haven't been disappointed by their skincare line.

Skinfood actually does have a product for pores, it's the Peach Sake line; I use that one and I really love it. It's one of their most popular brands and it receives really good reviews on this site that is like the Taiwanese version of Makeupalley.
    I can't exactly say how effective it is since I've been using a whole bunch of new skincare things at the same time but it certainly hasn't made me break out or anything, and I do think that the lotion is absorbed into my skin very well, without the oily feeling. image

As for makeup products, I'm not entirely sure. T_T
    I heard that Skinfood eyeshadows are too sheer though.