Which Company Is The Best?

Guest vietgurlhelen

Guest vietgurlhelen

Between SM, JYP, YG, DSP, MNet Media, and G.E.
So, I was watching some old videos on Youtube today, and one of them was last year's SBS Gayo Awards, with SM, JYP, and YG. And then I was wondering, which company is the best, including DSP and G.E., in your opinion?

To help your decision, I'll list some artists, present and past, that have been with the companies.

Remember, quantity doesn't matter, the quality of the artists in your opinion matter the most. :)

SM ENTERTAINMENT

TVXQ/DBSK

DBSK-8.jpg

BoA

kwon-boa-pic-0008.jpg

Super Junior

VeryHotSuperJuniorO.O.jpg

SNSD

korean-so-nyuh-shi-dae.jpg

CSJH

CSJH.jpg

H.O.T.

cph-hot.jpg

Jang Ri In

ZhangLiYin-Timeless.jpg

JYP ENTERTAINMENT

Park Jin Young (JYP himself)

0130_enter01_l.jpg

Rain/Bi

bi-01.jpg

Wonder Girls

korean-wonder-girls.jpg

Min

(i know shes debuting in America but i really do love her :) )

min1_small.jpg

YG ENTERTAINMENT

BIG BANG

070726_ent_1.jpg

Lexy

lexy.jpg

1TYM

200500220051121103630_1.jpg

Se7en

0406-se7en.jpg

Wheesung

0203-wheesung.jpg

DSP ENTERTAINMENT

SS501

ss501-st01nowcover.jpg

KARA

kara1.jpg

Fin.K.L.

Fin.K.L.jpg

Sechskies

jekki060.jpeg

G.E. (GOOD ENTERTAIMENT)

Shinhwa

shinhwa.jpg

Battle

070321_ent_2.jpg

MNet Media

(sry I forgot to include this one lol)

SG Wannabe

wan_ls.jpg

Jewelry

jewelry-200712.jpg

FT Island

0618-ft-island.jpg

SeeYa

a420060703_25167807.jpg

Lee Hyori

lhr2ya1.jpg

For me, I really can't choose one if I had to. From SM, I love DBSK, BoA, Suju, CJSH, Jang Ri In, and SNSD. From JYP, I love Wonder Girls, Rain/Bi, and Min. From YG, I love Big Bang, Lexy, 1TYM, and Se7en. I really haven't listened to SS501 or Battle, but I'm sure they're awesome too. So what about you guys then? :)

And just so you guys know, these artists include former ones too, disbanded or not.

Also guys, please NO BASHING.

This is JUST A POLL (WITHOUT THE POLL BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN) so there's no reason to bash/stab/etc.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest i.said.hi

JYP; WHERE TRUE MUSIC IS MADE.

Jyp said that a good singer isn't always one that does crazy vibrato, high tone, etc.

Instead he said:

" A good singer is one who could digest the song that is given. Even if they aren't the best singer, if they can digest and portray what the song is about, then that makes them a good singer."

Guest toiletgrl3

There was already a poll on this topic SM TOWN was and still is WINNING. SM is just better, genuis Soo Man. Plus if you look back at history.. all of SM's groups have dominated Korea while all the other companie's groups merley took the name as rivals.

Guest Vivskies

o.o it depends on what type of music you listen too.

POP- SM or JYP

R&B/SOUL/HIP-HOP- YG

Don't really listen to any DSP artists.

:x so i can't comment

Guest babystar*

JYP; WHERE TRUE MUSIC IS MADE.

Jyp said that a good singer isn't always one that does crazy vibrato, high tone, etc.

Instead he said:

" A good singer is one who could digest the song that is given. Even if they aren't the best singer, if they can digest and portray what the song is about, then that makes them a good singer."

point made.

i also like YG too.

there music is very different.

Guest supertammie

To my knowledge, Bi isn't with JYP anymore, and Lexy isn't with YG.

In my opinion, however, I would have to say YG. Their artists just seem to be the happiest. SM does an amazing job with promotion, etc, but their artists don't have a lot of freedom at all.

Guest tammywammy

o.o it depends on what type of music you listen too.

POP- SM or JYP

R&B/SOUL/HIP-HOP- YG

Don't really listen to any DSP artists.

:x so i can't comment

I agree with xAsianx, but JYP IS DEFINITELY NOT POP.

I prefer YG and JYP.

Guest muchacha

YG isnt the best at advertising.. and he takes forever to debut his trainees.. but he's pretty good at producing songs, keeping his singers in the game, making sure they stay focused, and knowing hardwork. All Yg singers can sing live soo well.

Guest lazy_kid

my vote's still for SM Ent. Their singers are awesome,talented........jzt because LSM wants more n more money....so they're considered as IDOL.......but then,many good singers:Junsu,BoA,Jang Ri In,........

as for JYP: the one i like is J-Lim,her voice is melted:X

YG:they're more hiphop,R'n'B than the others........singers can make their own song.....i love them too...

[just my opinion,i dont know abt othe copanies so...]

someone already mentioned it, but i'll mention it again that Lexy isn't with YG anymore.

personally i like YG the best because 1TYM was my first love and i love Big Bang.

i like YG's music more basically. i am fan of DBSK though - just a bigger fan of 1TYM & Big Bang.

edit;;

oops i didn't read the part where you said you would post pics of artists from the PAST and present. hehe. sorry about that.

Guest kimchi hana

This is a poll without the voting option.

Flamings and bashing will start! I hope not.

I think SM is best. Most of my favorite artists are in SM, but that's not the reason why.

You may think SM is just evil and a good marketer, bah, blah.

But he takes cares of his trainees well and trains them so well. They're some of the bests.

They actually have talent, unlike SOME singers that I will keep from mentioning.

Guest Senorita_

Don't forget to include Mnet Media. Since they produce good artistes as well.

Hmm I'm not which to choose, i like many artistes from each company because their style of music is much different. But if i have to choose then maybe SM, because their artistes are like one big family who treats eachother like real siblings. And SM artistes are more known in Japan, China and other places as well. :)

Guest subdwfreaky

what's the point of gazilions of these kinda poll? <_<

we know who's gonna win n who's gonna get bashed...

this is honestly so lame of a fight..esp when dsp n goodemg is being insert.....i'm curious cuz there are lotsa other entertainment companies not being insert....eugh,....whatever happen to mnet media who has big names?

this is just gonna be another bashing thread......

anyway...as for me....

i love DSP-cuz they always come up with real good singers(referring to members of SS501, Kara, and even their new group...)........voices that could impress me when they're on stage, i just love DSP cuz they have best vocals around....and very good n interesting personalities...

and i love GoodEMG-cuz Shinhwa went into a whole new high standard eversince they left sm n entered Good...and Battle didn't even have to train for years like other artistes to perform like professionals......

i just love both companies cuz i feel that they celebrate real talents....haha...n not some lame hypes or American wannabes.. :vicx: ...and overall i like all the music that came out of those companies.....so yeah....my opinion. when i say 'i love'.....of course i'm thinking of them as the best...altho not the best in causing some hype/fever that could make everyone go crazy..........but the best in terms of the talents stored in their company. again, tha't smy opinion lol.

-edit-

and i had to laugh so hard when ppl mention so n so company make true music...

haha..obviously you need to check the definition of music in any dictionary...no offense..

i found that line too amusing n funny.

there's been at least a handful of similar polls.......

i suggest mod close this one...haha.... :ph34r:

well, considering that Shinhwa and FlytotheSky were with SM (until they recently changed companies post-contract), i'd say SM is the strongest and most competative (they have talent for finding pretty bubbly-headed people).

as for most beloved, YG all the wayyyyyyyyyy! <3

Guest Kiss Me

I'd have to say SM is the best company to be under.... cause Soo Man sure knows what he's doing because most of his group becomes legends OR just super popular! && they have a GRIP of people.... mostly cause of super junior & SNSD...

BUT

I LOVE YG! Most of my fav's are under that entertainment<3 & their HOT. Se7en... 1TYM.... Jinusean..... and most importantly, BIG BANG<3

Archived