Dakota Fanning: 'People are always going to think I'm 9 years old'

sugarplum892

Dakota Fanning has said that she still gets mistaken for a child.
The 21-year-old actress told Nylon that she's had to accept that some people will always believe she's "9 years old".
Dakota Fanning appears at the Night Moves press call.

She said: "I've made my peace with the fact that there will be some people who, for the rest of my life, will believe I'm, like, 9 years old.
"I have this joke that I'm literally going to be 35, married, and pregnant and people are still going to say, 'Oh my god, you grew up so fast! I can't believe it!' 
Fanning continued: "And yeah, sometimes when you're 21 years old and people are still saying that, you just want to rip your hair out. But I'm okay with it. I know who I am."
The star also said that although she was professional throughout her young career, she was "also a kid".

Dakota Fanning in War of the Worlds

"I handled myself the best that I could and was professional, but I was also a kid," she said. "I think that people who knew me then knew I was also exactly how kids are supposed to be.
"I've found that anybody who takes what they're doing seriously or seems to be a caring person gets called an old soul. And it's not a negative thing to say, but it's also not 100 percent accurate. 
"I might not be running around being insane, but I'm also a 21 year old who likes to be silly. Just because I don't flaunt those parts of my life doesn't mean I don't do some of that privately, you know what I mean?" 
Fanning stars in Every Secret Thing, which will open in cinemas on May 15 in the US and July 22 in the UK.
Source

Archived