Teatox

love

Has anyone tried a teatox before? I keep seeing it promoted on instagram.The tea is suppose to be natural herbal ingredients and helps with fat burning, weight loss, immune system boost, digestion, and cleansing. 

Guest glamazon21

I keep seeing it promoted online as well, but I almost think it's too good to be true. I also found this article online from Shape magazine, and it pretty much concludes that it's better not to consume tea detoxes. Take those promos on social media with a grain of salt, think about who is trying to send the message and make money from sales. Before doing a teatox read the ingredients, research them, and ensure they're safe for consumption. 
I think the biggest key to achieving weight loss, digestion, cleansing, and boosting your immune system is living a healthy lifestyle by exercising regularly and eating healthy. 

From what I know, the tea consists of an ingredient that makes you want to poop .. a lot. It's more effective and noticeable for those people who have a bad diet since all the pooping shrinks your stomach and makes it look less bloated from all the bad food you consume.

But for those who are already eating healthy, they won't see much results. And yes, it's only temporary.

I wouldn't go for it if I were you, if you want long lasting results then you need to work for it. There's no cheating!

Guest sarahlouise

The teatox does make some pretty good claims and many see some impressive results after just a couple of weeks using it.  But that doesn't last and there are worrying side effects from doing such a detox. 
Also if you are on contraceptive, be careful as it is known to mess with it resulting in pregnancy.  According to medical opinion, detoxing and the theory of removing toxins from the body isn't necessary particularly if you consume a relatively healthy diet. 
You are much better off removing processed foods, avoiding salt and sugars and minimizing meat for a period of time then buy into a product like this. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried the MateFit tea detox and metabolism boost before and I have to say I was pretty impressed! Mainly with the boost, the detox didn't really do anything for me. But I ate a crap ton of shitty food on that period of time :| The boost was great tho, it gave me more energy (great for workouts and early schooldays) and less bloating. I stayed longer full so less snacking.

Archived