[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

dSGwXmH.jpg

P r o f i l e

• Title: My Love Eun-dong (also known as Beloved Eun-dong and This is Love) 
  • Revised romanization: Saranghaneun Eundonga
  • Hangul사랑하는 은동아
  • Chief Producer (CP): Song Won-sup
  • Program Director (PD): Lee Tae-gon, Kim Jae-hong
  • Writer: Baek Min-kyeong
  • Network: JTBC
  • Episodes: 16
  • Release Date: May, 29 --
  • Runtime: Fridays & Saturdays 20:40
  • Production Company: Dramahouse, Mong Jak Production
  • Language: Korean

P l o t

My Love Eundong is about a man who has it all, yet is unable to possess the love of a woman he is unable to forget, whom he has been loving for the past 20 years. 

In the current time of 2015. Three decades later… Top star Ji Eunho, this drama’s male-lead, announces one day that he wants to write his autobiography. When he is asked about a woman question, Eunho says he wants to find a woman, his real love, whom he has not been able to forget for the past 20 years.

20 years ago (1995), before the use of the artistic name EunhoPark Hyunsoo (Ji Eunho’s real name) has lived an energetic and fiery adolescence. First met a 13 years old young girl who has no parents to take care of her, but was still full of life, joyful and without worries, with a pair of bright and crystal clear eyes - Eundong. When Hyunsoo looks at Eundong, he feels his heart pounding like 'a mouse is jumping out of his chest’. Unfortunately, before both of them can get to know each other better, they separated.

10 years later (2005), Hyunsoo aspires to be an actor but hears comments like 'Although with good-looks, he has no talent in acting’. One day, he unexpectedly meets Eundong on the street. Having been apart for the past 10 years,  without any sense of foreboding, the two of them fell deeply, ardently in love with each other. But once again,, without giving Hyunsoo any reason or warning, Eundong disappears without a trace.

Another 10 years pass by, in the current time of 2015, Hyunsoo has become Korea’s elite actor (Ji Eunho), with fortune and fame, and is a man who is envied by many. But, he is also a man who has a vacant and unfulfilled corner in his heart. He keeps thinking, if Eundong is living in Korea, there is no way that she has not heard of me, that she would not come and look for me. Perhaps she is already dead. Perhaps she thinks I am not looking for her. Hence, Hyunsoo who has now become Eunho, wants to write an autobiography, which will contain the memories of his short and limited time together with Eundong. But Eunho has never written a book, and never did try or want to write a book. Hence he has been asking the people around him for assistance, and a ghost-writer Jungeun is found. Eunho dictates his audio recollection and passes it on to Jungeun.  Jungeun organizes Eunho’s  recordings and begins to write his autobiography.  Through Eunho’s recordings, Jungeun gets to hear the love story of Hyunsoo and Eundong, and feels as if she is listening to her own story, writing her own story. (credits: @jadecloud)

M a i n  c a s t

lHnyZ1Y.jpg

Gvhph0d.png

Y o u n g e r  c o u n t e r p a r t s 

AoG1U2z.jpg

• Junior — Park Hyun-soo (Ji Eun-ho at 17 years old)
  • Lee Ja-in — Ji Eun-dong (Seo Jung-eun at 13 years old)
  • Baek Sung-hyun — Park Hyun-soo (Ji Eun-ho at 27 years old) 
  • Yoon So-hee — Ji Eun-dong (Seo Jung-eun at 23 years old)

R e l a t e d  t o  E u n - h o  a n d  J u n g - e u n 

gwDSqbz.png

D M  E n t e r t a i n m e n t

O t h e r s

R e l a t i o n s h i p s'  c h a r t 

eEwsYv6.jpg

V i d e o s

R a t i n g s

• 2015.07.18 Episode 16: 1.50%
  • 2015.07.17 Episode 15: 1.83% [max]
  • 2015.07.11 Episode 14: 1.41%
  • 2015.07.10 Episode 13: 1.63%
  • 2015.07.04 Episode 12: 1.37%
  • 2015.07.03 Episode 11: 1.64%
  • 2015.06.27 Episode 10: 1.54%
  • 2015.06.26 Episode 09: 1.41% 
  • 2015.06.20 Episode 08: 1.54% 
  • 2015.06.19 Episode 07: 1.46% 
  • 2015.06.13 Episode 06: 1.55% 
  • 2015.06.12 Episode 05: 1.39% 
  • 2015.06.06 Episode 04: 0.96% 
  • 2015.06.05 Episode 03: 1.23% 
  • 2015.05.30 Episode 02: 0.75% [min]
  • 2015.05.29 Episode 01: 0.97% 

C P  S o n g  W o n - s u p ' s  J o u r n a l  (English translation by @jadecloud)

1. 15.05.07 First journal entry: Why did I choose this drama? (original link + pics)
  2. 15.05.09 Second journal entry: How to make a good teaser. (original link + pics)
  3. 15.05.13 Third journal entry: So what about 'In the Mood For Love'? (original link + pics)
  4. 15.05.20 Fourth journal entry: Junior's Rediscovery (original link + pics)

N o t e s

1. My Love Eun-dong' takes over the JTBC Fridays & Saturdays 21:45 time slot previously occupied by ’Fall in Love with Soon-Jung’.
  2. First script reading took place April 9, 2015 at the JTBC main building in Sangam, Seoul, South Korea.

S u b t i t l e s

1. Viki: Profile (Licensed in America, Europe, Oceania and QC Access)
  2. Drama Fever: Profile 

L i n k s

1. My Love Eundong's Baidu — Daum Cafe — Official Site — Naver tvcast
  2. JTBC's Youtube Drama Channel — Facebook — Twitter — Official Site —
  3. Joo Jin-mo and Kim Sa-rang interview for ELLE Korea June 2015 Issue (eng subbed)

I n s t a g r a m

N e w s  F e e d

R u l e s

• General Soompi Forum Rules K-dramas & Movies; Actors & Actresses Forum Rules
  • Don’t post any requests for subs!
  • Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 
  • Don’t quote images.
  • Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. Those who 
  • who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn’t have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID’s reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.
  • Please give credit to where credit is due.

L4LeS47.jpg

— ♡♡♡  W A T C H  M L E  O N L I N E  H E R E  ♡♡♡ —

✩ credits: asian wiki — hancinema — daum cafe — naver ✩

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Joo Jin Mo to Star in Upcoming JTBC Drama
JooJinMo.jpg

Joo Jin Mo has confirmed his role in the upcoming JTBC Friday-Saturday drama “Eun Dong Ah, Whom I Love” (working title). He will be the male lead and act as a top star named Ji Eun Ho.

A JTBC representative revealed, “Joo Jin Mo will be acting in the upcoming Friday-Saturday drama ‘Eun Dong Ah, Whom I Love’ after ‘Falling for Innocence’ ends.”

“Eun Dong Ah, Whom I Love” will share a love story that progresses over a period of twenty years. The drama aims to move viewers through the destiny like love story.

The actor will portray a famous actor who cannot forget his first love named Eun Dong. His character is described as someone who believes in pure love. This drama will be the actor’s return since MBC’s “Empress Ki” which aired a year ago.

The upcoming drama is slated to air this June.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/24/joo-jin-mo-to-star-in-upcoming-jtbc-drama/

Guest meelis

OK, joining you here, @salijoo, and waiting for some more details about this drama (I hope the rumors about Sung Yu Ri and Kim Sa Rang being the first and second female leads respectively are true :) )

I don't know about which role Kim Sa Rang will have but this blog: http://ollovello1.blog.me/220308921575 stated that Kim Sa Rang will make her 5 years' hiatus comeback with My Love Eun Dong and that blogger already knew that Joo Jin Mo was cast.
As for Sung Yu Ri, a shoes brand CEO who met with Joo Jin Mo stated that JJM will come back with Sung Yuri. http://iconosquare.com/p/934663644956158980_1392091370
I don't know if they were in talks for the same role or two different roles, Sung Yuri stated in her latest Magazine Pictorial that she was preparing herself for her new drama... So, let's wait for the news articles.

class="at_ttl" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 30px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 35px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both;"Joo Jin Mo Is Cast As A Man Who Believes In True Love
joo-jin-mo.jpg?w=600

Joo Jin Mo is a star. As an actor he made a name for himself in both k-dramas and films. And that experience of stardom is about to come in handy.

The actor recently confirmed that he will play the role of Ji Eun Ho, a top star in the JTBC weekend drama "Eun Dong Ah, Whom I Love."

"Joo Jin Mo will act in the upcoming Friday-Saturday drama 'Eun Dong Ah, Who I Love,' after 'Falling For Innocence' ends," said a JTBC representative. 

Ji Eun Ho may have mistaken "drama love" for real love. Ji Eun Ho is so idealistic that he cannot forget his first love and believes it is the only true love he will ever truly experience. "Eun Dong Ah, Whom I Love" follows that unrequited love story over a period of 20 years.

It has been more than a year since the 40-year-old actor appeared on the small screen. He played the role of Korea's king Wang Yoo in the 51-eisode MBC saeguk "Empress Ki." His character was in love with Seungnyang, played by Ha Ji Won, who eventually becomes Empress Ki. During that drama his character fought for her and the sovereignty of his country.

During his year-long absence from the small screen, he appeared in the film "Friend: The Great Legacy," directed by Kwak Kyung Taek. He also played the role of Rhett Butler in a musical production of the novel "Gone With The Wind."

"Rhett Butler is a character every actor dreams of playing," he said in an interview with the Korea Herald

Joo Jin Mo is best known for playing tough guys, but he welcomes roles that also allow him to express vulnerability.

"All male actors dream of playing macho men at one point or another, but they also dream of playing emotionally complex roles. I'm the same," Joo said at a press conference for his film "Gabi." In that film he played a Russian sniper.

He is best known for his roles in the critical hit drama "Happy End," the boxing film "Punch" and the gangster romance "A Love." In his most controversial film, "A Frozen Flower," he played a king involved in a love triangle with his queen, played by Song Ji Hyo and his guard played by Jo In Sung. The king was in love with his guard and not his queen.

"Eun Dong Ah, Whom I Love" is scheduled to air in June.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/79271/20150324/joo-jin-mo-is-cast-as-a-man-who-believes-in-true-love.htm?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

class="article_post_title entry-title" style="font-family: 'Playfair Display', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 32px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; color: rgb(72, 72, 72); padding: 0px 0px 15px; text-transform: capitalize; letter-spacing: 0.800000011920929px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Joo Jin Mo Cast As Male Lead In A JTBC Dramaed1.jpg
tv Report - Naver: Joo Jin Mo confirmed as male lead in JTBC 'My love Eundong' 

1. [+66, -6] The title is so countrified..ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ But I'm anticipating it because it's Joo Jin Mo:)

2. [+44, -2] Has anyone watched him in 'Love Back in Anger'? That drama got 60% in ratings and was considered a masterpiece.. The lineup was daebak as they had Lee Min Woo, Baek Jin Hee, Bae Doona, Kim Min Hee, Kang Sung Jin, Kim Myung Min and Kim Young Ae.  Of course, they were still rookies in 2000 but they made it legendary

3. [+38, -5] I like that he's the lead.. Looking forward to it.. I'll be tuning it~^^

4. [+31, -2] This hyung is so good-looking

5. [+24, -6] Looking forward to it

6. [+11, -1] Joo Jin Mo fighting. He barely has dramas so I'm really anticipating it

7. [+7, -1] I like him as the lead. Joo Jin Mo-sshi, I'm excited to see you in this one!!
http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2015/03/joo-jin-mo-cast-as-male-lead-in-jtbc.html

Guest meelis

Thank you for adding more info, @salijoo. >:D< I like the Kdramastars article.
I was wondering if they won't consider changing the title, this one doesn't sound very good to me. I hope it was only a tentative one. :)

Joo Jin-mo heads to JTBC for heartbreaking romance drama
jujinmo_49.jpg

If you’re a fan of Joo Jin-mo (Empress Ki), you’ll be happy to hear that he is heading to cable for his next project, JTBC’s Beloved Eun-dong, to air in June.

It’s a drama about… well, that’s the catch — I’m not quite sure how to finish that thought. After poring over all the articles about this drama, I still didn’t know how to make all of the puzzle parts fit together, so I figured I’d just lay out all the pieces and let you guys decide how to connect the dots. Sort of like Choose Your Own Adventure, but without an answer key?

• Joo Jin-mo plays Ji Eun-ho.
  • Eun-dong is his love interest.
  • The drama depicts the “fateful love” (also a “noble and pure love”) entangling a man and woman over twenty years.
  • It will also tell a heartbreaking story of “a love that cannot be” with an “analog sensibility” and emotion.
  • Joo’s character Eun-ho cannot forget the love from his youth, Eun-dong, and is pure-hearted in his love for her.
  • Eun-ho is also a top actor.
  • Through Eun-dong, Eun-ho is “reborn into a good person.”
  • After some time passes, he meets Eun-dong again, and “returns to his adolescence.”
  • Eun-dong has a teenage child.
  • Directing is PD Lee Tae-gon of My Neighbor’s Wife, Queen Dowager Insoo, Smile You, and The Last Scandal of My Life.
  • Beloved Eun-dong will be a Friday-Saturday drama, following Falling For Innocence, which premieres next weekend.

Does he return to his adolescence literally, or it a metaphor? Is he at time-traveler, body-swapper, or just trapped in his emotions? Why is he reborn into a good person? If he’s so pure-hearted in his love for Eun-dong, why does he only turn into a good person after meeting her again? Why can’t they be together? Why is their love so sad? Why won’t the producers tell us things that are relevant?

Via TV ReportThe FactJoy NewsOsenNewsen

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/03/joo-jin-mo-heads-to-jtbc-for-heartbreaking-romance-drama/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

@chinalily_wang, Thank you, added it on the 1st page.
The more I read about the drama the more I'm lost, wonder if they'll really go on the melodrama route (that top star thingy would be kind of all over the place) or they will use his top star status to add some comedy vibes.  :-/

class="article_post_title entry-title" style="font-family: 'Playfair Display', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 32px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; color: rgb(72, 72, 72); padding: 0px 0px 15px; text-transform: capitalize; letter-spacing: 0.800000011920929px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kim Sarang Cast As Joo Jin Mo's Leading Lady In 'My Love Eundong'ks1.jpg
OSEN- Naver: Kim Sarang confirmed to make her drama comeback after 4 years in 'My Love Eundong'(working title)  

1. [+285, -9] So pretty.. She was really pretty in 'Secret Garden'

2. [+185, -9] It's Kim Sarang ♥♥♥♥♥♥

3. [+147, -5] Lovely as always

4. [+119, -7] Sarang-ah, love love love My love

5. [+104, -7] Do well. Really pretty

6. [+26, -5] She has a pretty face but her acting isn't that good

7. [+23, -5] This noona barely does any movies or cfs but I wonder how she earns money ㅋㅋ

8. [+7, 0] How have you been...?

9. [+10, 0] This goddess is coming back !!

10. [+8, 0] Sarang~~~~~ jjang
http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2015/03/kim-sarang-cast-as-joo-jin-mos-leading.html

According the the Chinese translation of the Korean news at Baidu andJJM Magic Castle,  Joo Jin Mo will play a Top Actor named Ji Eun-ho, whos is a sweet guy who cannot forget his lover named Eun Dong and also the main character of this sorrowful love story, and Kim Sarang will play the female lead named "Xu Jing-eng" ( chinese transliteration, not Eun Dong), who cannot forget Eun-ho who disappeared suddenly in her childhood, and who meets Eun-ho later on as a grwon-up and is the ghost writer for the autobiography of Eun-ho .

@jei_em, No, KSR will not play Eun Dong. She will play a ghost writer for the autobiography of the male lead (see the information above).

So maybe there will be two female leads in this drama? One named Eun-Dong and the other a ghost writer?

Archived