My friend is dating someone that I dislike (solved)

MissAria

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
This guy had a crush on my friend for a very long time but she didn't believe it because he acts this way with every girl.Even if he had a crush on my friend he would flirt with other girls. He is a flirty guy. The first time I met him, he sat next to me and put his arm around me. So, I got mad and I told him to not touch me (I said it out loud that people were looking). So, the touched my arm (with his fingers, he caressed all the way my arm), so I repeated to not touch me. My friend told him that I dislike to be touch. 
I'm in a asian family that we rarely hug each other, we don't even give kisses. For me, anything that is skin-ship is for couples, that's why I felt it is TOTALLY inappropriate (anyways it is still inappropriate for anybody else )and I told him clearly to not touch me. I saw him a few more times, because he was with my friend. He liked to make fun of me, saying : HEY THIS IS MY FRIEND and he comes towards me big arms open, so I just walk away. 
I told my friend that I really disliked him, that he has no respect because I told him many times to not touch me and he still does. My friend told me I was too intense, exaggerated and that he finds funny that I don't like to be touched that's all. 
A few days before they kissed and date. He caressed my hand in front of my friend and I told him again to not touch me (with a really angry voice) and I walked away.
He is also very touchy with my friend (obviously) even when they were not dating, that's why my friend didn't take his flirty move seriously. Like sometimes, he ''plays'' around with her and grab her by the neck like when you are choking someone. This is something else I don't like about him, he may like to TOUCH GIRLS, but he also does it in a weird and not a nice way.
My other friend that works with that guy told me that I don't know him, that he is a good person inside. He has a protective side. 
 I just think it was important that she knows I dislike him and that  that I will not hang out with both of them. Then, my other friend said that I'm too intense and I'm making things difficult for them. I said : She can date who she wants, it is her life and I will respect that. I just don't want to be around someone I dislike.
Anyways, what do you guys think ?Am I too intense like my friend said ?

Guest writerstale

@MissAria: WOW this dude is an effin scumbag and he needs his a** beat thoroughly one great time. What's even worse is your friend has low self-esteem enough to accept his behavior to go on. No you're not being too intense. This is gonna be one of those situations where she's choosing to be naive, and unfortunately needs to learn for herself. I would avoid dealing with him altogether. But if around him prepare to mace him at the very least if his behavior gets inappropriate.

No girl you're not intense at all!! What a scumbag for sure!! He has no respect for girls at all. You did great by telling him off, and obviously your other friends are too dumb to see his true color. This guy is those touchy guys that don't understand no touching means no touching, and it's not funny at all. I would do the same too, stay far away from him. You keep doing you, it's not intense be at all.

Is he Asian? This may be a random thing to say but I had a Chinese tomboyish friend who was like that, grabbing you and acting like she's choking you or slapping you. I don't know why they think it's okay to do that. I mean, I'm also Chinese but I didn't do that. Although, this guy might be immature and is touching you only to purposely annoy you.

I'm on your side. I had two friends who dated this one guy who was disrespectful. They were like "he's a cool guy" and he spilled everything one of my friends told him. She had told him not to tell anyone her secrets.

Meany-chan said: Is he Asian? This may be a random thing to say but I had a Chinese tomboyish friend who was like that, grabbing you and acting like she's choking you or slapping you. I don't know why they think it's okay to do that. I mean, I'm also Chinese but I didn't do that. Although, this guy might be immature and is touching you only to purposely annoy you.

I'm on your side. I had two friends who dated this one guy who was disrespectful. They were like "he's a cool guy" and he spilled everything one of my friends told him. She had told him not to tell anyone her secrets.

Guest AmoreS2

You sound like teenagers under 18. 
I think just let them be. It's their own business. 
It's entirely up to you whether you choose to hang around them or not. There's no pressure for you. 

It sounds like your friend's bf have trouble understanding personal space.
I think how you reacted towards him was fair enough, especially how he kept touching you when you already told him you don't like it.
I also think it is fair enough that you have explained to your friend why you won't hang around them.Because your friend is currently with this touchy guy, I doubt she will be able to see things from your point of view. So for now, I would hang out with some other friends when she is with her bf and not talk about her bf when you are with her.

Hi,
I think he wants a threesome. Good on him for working on that - it's not very easy to accomplish, but I wish him all the best.
As for your situation , you are doing a great thing.
You shouldn't be around people who makes you feel upset or uncomfortable - also you have been honest with your friend which is even better!

Archived