Guest ororomunroe

Guest ororomunroe

Ho5HvbO.jpg

7BgBBgD.jpg

YXTVkta.jpg

(credit: @SUNlight02)

Byun Ji Sook's family
  • Jung Dong Hwan as Byun Dae Sung (50s, Ji Sook's father)
  • Yang Mi Kyung as Kang Ok Soon (50s, Ji Sook's mother)
  • Hoya as Byun Ji Hyuk (25, Ji Sook's younger brother)

Choi Min Woo's family
  • Jun Gook Hwan as President Choi Doo Hyun (60s, Min Woo's father)
  • Park Joon Geum as Mrs. Song (50s, Min Woo's stepmother, Mi Yun's biological mother)

Seo Eun Ha's family

Others

Drama Posters

Mask-Poster1.jpg

iid3Jpl.jpg

GOklinP.jpg

JQ7s4GT.jpg

CR: SBS site

Character Posters

zeTxkZQ.jpg

a0v8llZ.jpg

MlU17Q6.jpg

4oFWezA.jpg

gC6bkBJ.jpg

6AOtnLC.jpg

CL5DRjR.jpg

iXpE1j3.jpg

fDK3YXy.jpg

CR: dramabeans

Trailers

Watch eng sub of 5 min preview here - https://www.facebook.com/DramaFever/videos/10152890741901961/?type=1&theater

Presscon Pics + Gifs (see pages 26-29)

CCtRe18.jpg

Character Descriptions - SPOILER ALERT!!! (translated by @jadecloud on page 34)

sVHACBI.jpg

EyUuXhe.jpg

t0e43pB.jpg

xOeckZY.jpg

S1DwWwe.jpg

Relationship Chart 1 (translated by @eunsuhae on page 22)

P00iSKv.jpg

Relationship Chart 2 (credit to @eunsuhae and @SUNlight02 on page 32)

• Blue - Family
  • Green - Professional (Boss-Subordinate)
  • Purple - Married Couple
  • Gray with ♥ - Loveline
  • Gray - Friendship, Acquaintances

dnw1bmb.jpg

Artwork (credit to: @SUNlight02)

MeChsLI.jpg

PV0S5It.jpg

D6Kjjcy.jpg

GIFS (credit to: @SUNlight02, @eunsuhae and @malika82)

kCT2qfa.gif   

8qQmkhU.gif  

lr1a4.gif

E812XLB.gif

ribnKBO.gif

Ratings:

DateEpTNmSTNmSAGBAGB
  NationwideSeoulNationwideSeoul
2015-05-2717.5 (19th)8.8 (13th)7.5 (15th)8.0 (13th)
2015-05-2828.5 (12th)9.8 (12th)9.2 (10th)9.5 (10th)
2015-06-0338.2 (16th)10.0 (10th)8.6 (13th)9.0 (13th)
2015-06-04410.3 (12th)12.2 (7th)10.7 (8th)12.1 (5th)
2015-06-1059.4 (12th)10.9 (9th)9.4 (10th)10.1 (7th)
2015-06-11610.4 (14th)12.6 (4th)9.8 (11th)10.3 (9th)
2015-06-17710.0 (11th)12.0 (5th)11.0 (7th)12.5 (4th)
2015-06-1889.8 (10th)12.2 (5th)11.8 (4th)12.6 (3rd)
2015-06-2499.7 (11th)12.6 (4th)10.8 (6th)11.3 (5th)
2015-06-251010.1 (14th)12.5 (5th)9.7 (12th)9.3 (12th)
2015-07-011110.4 (9th)12.9 (4th)10.1 (7th)10.8 (5th)
2015-07-021211.1 (10th)12.8 (4th)11.1 (6th)11.6 (4th)
2015-07-08139.9 (13th)12.9 (3rd)10.8 (8th)11.5 (5th)
2015-07-091410.2 (10th)12.9 (4th)11.1 (6th)11.4 (4th)
2015-07-151510.0 (9th)13.4 (3rd)11.3 (4th)11.5 (3rd)
2015-07-161611.4 (5th)13.8 (3rd)12.2 (3rd)12.7 (3rd)
2015-07-22179.4 (9th)12.0 (3rd)12.4 (5th)13.4 (3rd)
2015-07-231811.2 (12th)14.3 (3rd)12.7 (3rd)13.3 (3rd)
2015-07-291910.7 (9th)13.6 (3rd)11.5 (5th)12.2 (4th)
2015-07-302012.6 (5th)16.5 (2nd)13.6 (3rd)14.2 (3rd)

Official Subbing Sites:

Viki - http://www.viki.com/tv/26139c-mask

Dramafever - http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4692/Mask/

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

All photos are property of SBS Hub Ltd. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest missnona

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Soo Ae and Joo Ji Hoon Confirmed for “Mask”Soo Ae and Joo Ji Hoon Confirmed for “Mask”

Actors Soo Ae and Joo Ji Hoon have been confirmed for upcomingSBS drama “Mask.”

Previously, it was reported that the two actors were in consideration for the lead roles of the coming Wednesday-Thursday drama.

The production house of the drama, Gold Some Pictures, announced on March 10 that both of them have been confirmed for the drama.

This will be both actors’ first return to TV in two years, as Soo Ae’s last drama was “King of Ambition,” while Joo Ji Hoon was last seen on television in “Medical Top Team.”

“Mask” will tell the story of a woman who hides her identity and marries into a chaebol family. Written by screenwriter Choi Ho Chul (“Secret“), it will be directed by producer Bu Sung Chul (“Jang Ok Jung, Live in Love“). It is scheduled to premiere after the completion of “Sensory Couple.” 

cr:Soompi

Guest missnona

class="titleNews" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Joo Ji Hoon and Soo Ae Confirmed to Return to TV with ′Mask′Joo Ji Hoon and Soo Ae Confirmed to Return to TV with ′Mask′
Soo Ae and Joo Ji Hoon are returning to the small screen after two years. 

Soo Ae and Joo Ji Hoon have been chosen as the leads for SBS′ new drama, Mask, which is awaiting broadcast in May. Soo Ae and Joo Ji Hoon are returning to television after roughly two years since dramasYawang and Medical Top Team, respectively. 

As they are both actors who the viewers trust for a worthy performance, attention is on the rise to see how things will turn out when the two meet together. The production company, Golden Thumb Pictures, stated, "It is the best combination. We′re anticipating the synergy." 

Mask is about a woman who hides her past to become a chaebol daughter-in-law and a man who tries to protect the woman he loves without any terms. The drama draws on competition, secret strife, conspiracy, and revenge with people wanting to expose the woman′s secret as others try to hide it. The drama was written by Choi Ho Chul, who wrote Secret, which received over 20 percent in ratings. 

Soo Ae will act as Ji Sook, who says her happiness is the 3 million won one month interest on her debts and that love is a waste of money. After living in hardship, paying back the debt her father left her, she ends up living the chaebol life of a woman who looks like her. She later gets caught in a whirlpool of events. 
Joo Ji Hoon will act as Min Woo, who was forced to become an heir at the young age of seven, growing up without innocence, family love, friendship and love. After meeting Eunha through a political scheme created by his family, he stays mum when he finds out that she′s actually Ji Sook, who just looked alike. He begins to feel emotions he′s never felt as he sees Ji Sook acting in a way he′s never seen a chaebol woman act. 

The writing for Mask is already 80 percent completed. After reading the strong and charming script, Soo Ae and Joo Ji Hoon agreed to appear in the drama. 

"With a very long preparation period with majority of the script secured, a high quality drama can be anticipated," stated Golden Thumb Pictures. "With Choi Ho Chul′s script and the works of director Boo Sung Chul, who led My Girlfriend is Gumiho and Jang Ok Jung, as well as the good acting of Soo Ae and Joo Ji Hoon, a drama that will represent 2015 will come out." 

Mask will broadcast in May following The Girl Who Sees Smells

Cr:mwave

Guest missnona

class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 10px; position: relative; font-family: Bitter, Georgia, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-stretch: normal; font-size: 23px; line-height: 29px; padding: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Joo Ji Hoon and Soo Ae confirmed for 'Mask'201503091536777894_54fd3f922ccda.jpg
Joo Ji Hoon and Soo Ae will make their onscreen comeback in SBS's new drama 'Mask'.

The production company, Golden Thumb Pictures confirmed on March 10th that Joo Ji Hoon and Soo Ae will be starring as the lead roles in 'Mask', which is scheduled to go on air in May.

This drama will mark both the actor and actress return to the small screen after 2 years since their respectively appearances in 'King of Ambition' and 'Medical Top Team'.

'Mask' will tell the story of a woman who hides her true identity to become a chaebol daughter-in-law. The drama is written by Choi Ho Chul who wrote for 'Secret' and directed by Boo Sung Chul of 'My Girlfriend is Gumiho', 'Jang Ok Jung'. It will be broadcasted in May following 'Sensory Couple'.

Guest missnona

Facts About This Drama :

1- Soo Ae was about turn down this drama but then the writer himself call her and send her the Scripts by Phone and she was hooked then accepted it 
immediately. 
2-The writing for Mask is already 80 percent completed , and the when they start shooting the first ep it will full-completed already.
3-Soo Ae role will be totally different from her last role in "Queen Of Ambition" and this time we would see her lovely side but in dark way.
4- They will start Shooting after three weeks from now.
5- SBS put a big budget for this drama, since it will air with "Hong Sisters" drama and they believe in the writer since his last drama "Secret" beat "The Heirs".

Guest missnona

Yu In-Young join SBS New Drama "Mask"

Wow just Wow!!!
i love the cast to beat!!!!! thx CastingDirector for this brilliant cast!!

Guest missnona

I'll check this drama out since I really liked Secret and I'm in the mood for a melo/makjang(?) in the same vein lol
Hopefully SBS will let them stick to the script they've already planned.

Hoping that too cause i know SBS always force their writers to change in the script and this's why Kim Eun Suk went to KBS with her new drama

I just read that this drama planned to air after Secret Door but for some reasons Punch aired instead,This's good cause that piece of art called "Punch" out of dark! and for sure it's my fave-drama of 2015 until now!!
Hope to see more people here, and sry for my poor eng since it's my 3rd language 
Bye>

Haiye....
I'm a Hunnie, and this drama is one of my very anticipate drama.Hopefully it'll get good review and response from viewers.
The actor and actresses look strong in their acting skill. Hopefully they can support each other and have good chemistry.

Hello everyone....
I jump here to support my bias, Ju Ji Hoon  :)>- :D And i heard that Soo ae is a versatile actress too. So i can't wait to see their chemistry on the screen.

Hope all of us can enjoy the show and 'Mask' get good rating and become hits [-O<

Guest missnona

Yeon Jeong-Hun Join Upcoming SBS Drama Mask[단독]연정훈, SBS `가면` 출연 조율中..2년만에 안방복귀
What a solid cast!! i'am worry from now which am gonna sidesok, from what i read his role will be smart and calm, and the only one who knows the real Soo Ae identity Also he's will be the main villain!Then, YIY will be the real Daughter-In-Law and SA took her place?! ommmo this's getting exciting!!!

Yes, @malika82, Soo Ae is one of the best actresses (in my opinion), acting-wise.
@missnona Watching Yeon Jeong Hun as a villain will be refreshing (I hope). I've never seen him as a villain, even though he is calm in most of his dramas. That's the kind of roles he picks - maybe he's like that in real life, so it's easier for him to act... I don't know... Maybe I should also watch Vampire Prosecutor - as I've seen many praising him for his role in that drama.

Guest missnona

Hannahmiriam said: Yes, @malika82, is one of the best actresses (in my opinion), acting-wise.
@missnona Watching Yeon Jeong Hun as a villain will be refreshing (I hope). I've never seen him as a villain, even though he is calm in most of his dramas. That's the kind of roles he picks - maybe he's like that in real life, so it's easier for him to act... I don't know... Maybe I should also watch Vampire Prosecutor - as I've seen many praising him for his role in that drama.

Guest nazzy1109

thanks to u @SUNlight02 i got to know about this forum too !! >:D< ..........woo-hoo !!.........Hong Sisters drama & Secret screenwriter's drama at the same time !! heol daebak case !!  \:D/ \:D/ i read in some of the dramabeans comments that JS & HJE were the main reason for Secret drama to be a success.......although ii agree that their contribution to its success was a lot, but that doesn't mean i don't like the Secret writer-nim's work !........both the writer and the leads have to contribute to the success of a drama !.........so i'm also very interested in watching this.........let's hope both the competing dramas earn their deserved success as they start airing ! :)

Guest missnona

nazzy1109 said: thanks to u @SUNlight02 i got to know about this forum too !! >:D< ..........woo-hoo !!.........Hong Sisters drama & Secret screenwriter's drama at the same time !! heol daebak case !!  \:D/ \:D/ i read in some of the dramabeans comments that JS & HJE were the main reason for Secret drama to be a success.......although ii agree that their contribution to its success was a lot, but that doesn't mean i don't like the Secret writer-nim's work !........both the writer and the leads have to contribute to the success of a drama !.........so i'm also very interested in watching this.........let's hope both the competing dramas earn their deserved success as they start airing ! :)

@nazzy1109It's a pleasure to share the info chingu :)
@missnonaThank you very much for starting this thread chingu :)I really appreaciate it :)I'm also a big fan of Soo Ae since 'A Thousand Days Promise' and I'm happy that she's back after QoA. I'm excited about this drama because I have known the casts for the great portrayal of their roles and what's even better is we've got one of the best writer's I've known, Secret writernim :)I also am anticipating Hong Sisters drama and I'm glad you and nazzy1109 are too.Let's all hope for the best of both dramas for a greater year of 2015  :x :x :x

Archived