How to reject an old friend?

Guest orchidlover

Guest orchidlover

Hello All, 
I've known a guy since middle school.  He joined the military while I went to college, etc.  We had no contact for several years.  Anyway, in the last few years, he kept asking me out to lunch, etc. whenever he comes back (once or twice a year).  Being nice, I usually say yes to lunch and specifically mention that it's only an old friend hanging out.  However, he has been very persistent lately (calling, texting, etc.) to get a dinner date with me.  I spoke to him on the phone and told him that we are just friends. Since I have always been single, my friends suggest me to give guys a chance when I get ask out.  The problem is I do not find him attractive, we have nothing in common, the main thing is I am not interested in him and do not want to lead him on.  His persistent is getting very annoying and Idk how to reject him. 

The best way is to just say it directly that you are not into him. Even though it hurts, at least you can both move on. I think a lot of times even though if someone gets rejected, they also respect the upfront rejection rather than leading them along.

I think next time he comes back you can see him once, but if he asks you again, then say no thanks. kinda in between. he should take the hint, that if you don't want to see him everytime, then you prob don't want to be in a relationship with him. fk haha, this made me miss my ex, she wanted to see me everyday :')

Guest orchidlover

@retsyo I really do not want to see him in person anymore.@greenana I did when he called me over the phone.@Ninshark He's back now and have been snapchatting me his activities.  Ai yahhhhh, it's annoying.  I stopped responding.

Archived