Rejecting girls because of their size

Guest Velstadt

Guest Velstadt

Is it bad that a guy rejects a girl mainly because of her size? I'm not joking around here but I often hear women complain that men should not reject women because of their physical size. 
I have to be honest I once rejected a girl because she was on the heavy side. She was kind of cute but I just couldn't handle her chubbiness. It was a major turn off. The funny thing was that I actually told her the reason. She never spoke to me again and called me an a$$hole for telling her the honest truth. I'd thought she'd appreciate my honesty. 
But is it the same as a girl rejecting a guy because of his physical deficiencies? I think it's the same and most women are hypocrites.

No. It's just a physical preference. I feel, we all have our own physical preferences, so why can't others. If girls can reject a guy because he's short, guys can also reject a girl because of her size as well. But the only difference is height, you can't change that but overweight you can manage to control assuming that they are determined to do so. I think it's a fair deal. Preference is preference, you'll find one that suits you best. You can't change someone's preference, but what you can change is yourself, for the better of course.

Guest hyunsong

It's more a reflection of you and what you prioritize. Personally, I'd give a lot more leeway in terms of size since size can change but it's much harder to change a person's personality. It might be different if someone is obese as sometimes that could be a reflection of some problems they have in their lives (i.e. depression, other psychological issues, lack of discipline, etc.) However, there are many people who are obese or chubby but still have great personalities and would make great bfs/gfs. 
I'm sure there are many women that reject men because of their size just as there are many men who reject women for their size as well. It's just that society emphasizes how men are "visual" and that's why they focus on appearances. In actuality, I'm sure both genders fixate on appearances to some extent. 

Guest orchidlover

Velstadt said: Is it bad that a guy rejects a girl mainly because of her size? I'm not joking around here but I often hear women complain that men should not reject women because of their physical size. 
I have to be honest I once rejected a girl because she was on the heavy side. She was kind of cute but I just couldn't handle her chubbiness. It was a major turn off. The funny thing was that I actually told her the reason. She never spoke to me again and called me an a$$hole for telling her the honest truth. I'd thought she'd appreciate my honesty. 
But is it the same as a girl rejecting a guy because of his physical deficiencies? I think it's the same and most women are hypocrites.

Guest severus

I don't know why people are so worried about rejecting people for whatever reason, it's all just preference and we all have the right to choose.

As a fellow chubster, I appreciate honesty, you can tell when people are patronizing you by sugar coating.

Wow.  Ok.  How do I put it?  It's okay to reject her bc of her size, but why the heck did you tell her that?

because thats the type of person he is. and thats not a bad thing. severus and your reply shows that the best way to reject a person is what your most comfortable with.

you don't have to sugarcoat things imo, you can just not even bring it up. telling someone they are fat can have serious consequences. I feel like that's worst than calling someone stupid. for some reason, I feel like body image is much more closely tied to self-esteem than intelligence is.

I think it's ok to reject someone based on looks and size, but you don't have to tell them.

Guest orchidlover

@zantac_2 no worries. No hard feeling. At least OP can see everyones different. I am a woman who prefers sugar coating the honest truth. But that's just me.

No it's probably not best to tell them that. They probably already know it already. I don't find fat women attractive either. I make this terrible joke that I dont date women that weigh more than 140 pounds. It's funny to see people's reaction when they think I'm serious. I dont feel sorry for people that are rejected for reasons that they can change. Hopefully they can learn from rejection and it will make them stronger.

Hey, so if you can tell girls that you don't like them because they're chubby, I can tell guys I don't want to date them because they're fat or ugly or bald or smell or have a small package?

I've just been ignoring them or letting them down easily!

COOL!

Hey, so if you can tell girls that you don't like them because they're chubby, I can tell guys I don't want to date them because they're fat or ugly or bald or smell or have a small package?

COOL!

I'd reject a girl too if she had a small package, mainly because it'd mean she'd have a package. As liberal as I am, I'd probably draw the line there.

Guest Velstadt

COOL!

Better than lying like what most women do.

Archived