Is his or her career/job position important ?

MissAria

Is the job status important ? Do you care if your parents dislike him or her because of his/her job status ?Are you in a snobbish family ?
I know someone that is dating a guy that has no job, he has a master's degree, but he is lazy to work. She isn't paying for his life expense, they are not living together, but sometimes she does pay his restaurant bill and he gets angry. Then, you guys might be curious, if he doesn't work, where the money comes from ? His parents are rich. Then, you might think that my friend is dating him because he is from a well off family. I don't know, I think she really loves him.
For me, it's important that the person is not lazy at the point of not willing to work !

I agree, I find it a total turn off that someone is too lazy to work just because their parents are rich. Well, if you don't have a job, that money is not going to last you forever when your parents are gone. It doesn't even matter how rich they are or how much money they make, as long as they have a job they're passionate, ambitious, and is hardworking. I wouldn't date a guy like that, I just feel he's too spoiled and and it will cause problems in the future.

Guest glamazon21

I don't really think the job itself is that important, but I would hate it if someone wasn't working because they were just lazy in character. It's a massive turnoff. If he has the money to support himself without working I don't think it's wrong for me to think he should be doing something productive with his time. 

What was the point of him getting the Master's degree if he wasn't going to work? The thing is that I wouldn't mind it if I had a S/O who doesn't have a paying job if he is like a house husband. People like him aren't very goal-oriented and in my opinion, guys who have goals they want to attain are more interesting than lazy people. I will admit that I like being lazy but I also enjoy working.

Meany-chan said: What was the point of him getting the Master's degree if he wasn't going to work? The thing is that I wouldn't mind it if I had a S/O who doesn't have a paying job if he is like a house husband. People like him aren't very goal-oriented and in my opinion, guys who have goals they want to attain are more interesting than lazy people. I will admit that I like being lazy but I also enjoy working.

Sorry lazy guy is a no-no. I don't care if he doesn't make alot of money, as long as he can work and support us(including me working) that is more ideal, than someone who is lazying around and do nothing to contribute to the relationship.

Nothing last forever. Disregard of how rich his family is, it will drained. The fact that he dependent on his family and is lazy to work is a NO NO in my dictionaryI can understand if he is working $9/hour but thrive to make a better life for himself

Guest severus

I'm not the type to settle and I'm always striving, pushing myself forward, so I expect the same from my man.

It doesn't matter in what field. He can be super into fast food, but it better be in the "I'm working on a food truck business and may grow it into a chain" way, not the "I'm going to work at Taco Bell my whole life" way.

Could it be your friend is secretly hoping he will get over this and find a job soon?

It all depends on where in life you are at right? 
A 20 year old me would not mind that my bf have no job, a 30 year old me would be worried and concerned.
Reality does hit you hard when responsibilities starts to pile up as you age.

However, some people only care about right now and not the future. Hopefully your friend knows where her relationship is leading.
May be she sees something in him that others do not, may be he will magically get a job!

Guest alphaoxytocin

Although what you said about career and laziness is true, I will give you another perspective here. It may be true that if you consider logically how he is "lazy" and not ambitious, then on the surface everybody would agree that he is not an attractive guy that a girl would want to be with. But (I'm sure you can understand this feeling too, assuming you are a female from your profile picture) liking a guy can sometimes be a very irrational feeling (from the heart) that is not fully understood by one's logical mind. Sometimes, you may not know exactly why you want to be with a guy (e.g. in some cases the boyfriend may even treat the girl poorly, yet she still loves him). Similarly, you mentioned that "she really loves him", the reason is most likely that she is attracted to him because of certain other inner traits or his personality. So, chances are, your friend did not fall in "love" with him for his career/education/wealth.

Perhaps you could put yourself in her shoes and try to understand why she would like him.

Archived