Going MGTOW - True Story: Real reasons why girls rejected me

livingforhistory

This isn't some sort of venting post. I am trying to prove a point here. You may be asking why I actually bothered to seek the real reasons why girls I've been interested in my dating life weren't interested in me as it's obviously something most people would be unwilling to hear. As painful as it is, the analytical side of my character seeks resolution and the truth in all matters. Not all the girls below were forthcoming about it at first. After all, they're not bad people. Why would they want to hurt someone who was a friend? Without getting into detail, I used one method or another to get it out of them. 

For starters, here is my general profile to give an idea: 
Height: 5'5Physique: Athletic/Slim/Toned. Narrow waistline, adequate shoulder size. Not muscular but not skinny either. Decent build. Regular gym-goer. Face: Not handsome but not ugly. Various girls have said I'm "cute" and that I have nice eyebrows and cheekbones and nice hair. But definitely not a handsome guy. If I was at a bar and you scanned the room, I'm pretty invisible. Personality: Generous, kind, lots of friends from all walks of life. Enjoy my alone time but generally pretty social. Most people tend to like me. Fashion/Style: Pretty stylish. In the winter, I'm somewhere between semi-formal and business casual. Not a hoody guy. Nice shirts and well-fitting clothes. In the summer, generally jeans, polo shirts, and plaid shirts. Career: Accomplished. Ambitious and love what I do. High-earning potential. Hobbies: Traveling, seeing live bands, drinks with friends, enjoy reading history/anthropology. Don't dance. 
Girl 1: Coworker

We met at work. She was the receptionist at the company I worked for and I saw her everyday but never talked to her. Obviously I thought she was cute. It was her actually who reached out to me because I was eating lunch alone one day and she asked if she could join me. We started having lunch together and there was soon a rapport between us. She was in the ending stages of a relationship with her boyfriend and she wasn't on good terms with her girlfriends. We began eating lunch regularly and even hung out outside of work. She'd ask me out to certain events. She even suggested certain haircuts for me and commented that I "looked cute." Keep in mind I was pretty young at the time and had next to no dating experience. So a pretty girl who asks me to hang out and says I'm cute, can I be so blamed as to think she might have an interest? 
In any case, she broke up with her boyfriend eventually but instead of dating me (as the movies go), she met this tall half-asian, half-caucasian guy who was really good looking and ended up dating him instead. 
I eventually stopped talking to her. I never got around to asking her why she wasn't interested in me but I think in this case, it's very obvious. The guy she was dating. Mixed breed. Looked like a slimmer, prettier version of Daniel Henney and was tall. Around 6'2. Keep in mind this girl is like 5'1. That speaks for itself. 
Girl 2: Random meeting
I took a class and we were in the same class. Obviously I thought she was pretty and tried to find excuses to talk to her. After a couple classes, I guess we became well acquainted. And when the classes were done, I asked for her number. I later found out she already had a boyfriend but we became sort of gym buddies. We texted each other a lot and chatted online a lot. She definitely regarded me as a friend and even a good friend. And there were serious indications that she was frustrated with her boyfriend because she wanted to buy a house and was waiting for him to shape up his career. 
Needless to say, I revealed how I felt about her and despite her being very fond of me, she said she wasn't attracted to me physically, mainly because I'm short. She said her boyfriend being around 5'9 and wished even he was taller. But that I'm a great guy and that for sure I'll find somebody. 
Girl 3: Emergency Room Nurse
I had a nasty fall skiing and went to the emergency room. The nurse was a cute girl who ended up treating me. We were talking and I ended up getting her number. We actually dated for over a year. I don't think there was any lack of physical attraction here as our relationship was quite physical. She did one comment regarding my height once. She asked how much I weighed and I told her and she seemed surprised. I asked her why she was surprised and she said I shouldn't weigh so much at my height. I was quite offended by that. As mentioned in my description, I am not overweight by any means. I do weigh more than most guys my height because I work out regularly and I imagine a lot of the weight is due to muscle. Anyhow, she apologized when she saw I was offended but it was the first indication at my insecurity. 
We broke up for reasons I don't want to get into but I'm certain that with this girl, it wasn't due to physical issues. 
Girl 4: Girl at the club
I went to a club for a friend's birthday and I was sitting down (I don't like to dance). This girl sat down beside me and we ended up talking. I ended up getting her number and found out that we actually work quite close to each other. We had lunch together. And we ended up being friends. I invited her to this house party and we both got drunk and ended up making out and having a one night stand. After that, things became weird between us. I later told her I was interested in a possible relationship and she said it wasn't mutual. But she wouldn't say why. 
Later on, I found out she's dating this tall dude. She's like 5'2 and this dude is around 6'4. That speaks for itself. 
Girl 5: Friend's friend
A friend introduced me to his classmate and we dated for 3 months. Broke up because our dates became more and more boring. Later on, found out she's dating a tall white guy whose at least 6'2. That speaks for itself. 

Now you may be thinking. That's only 5 girls and only 4/5 of them rejected me because of my height. I am not counting the many girls I've encountered in my life. These 5 girls I'm mentioning because there was an initial chemistry and were girls who ended up getting to know me quite well and being generally fond of me (non-sexually obviously). 
The brutal honest truth is that unfortunately if you don't fulfill a girl's height requirements, there's a low chance of it working out no matter how accomplished you are in your other qualities. Due to the fact that I was quite close with all five of these girls, I know they liked and respected me for my other qualities but they couldn't get past the height thing. Only 1/5 girl could accept my short stature. None of these girls were some random rejections at a night out at a bar/club. These were girls I got to know over time and they got to know me and were generally fond of me and appreciated my good qualities. Except these were not enough to compensate for my short stature. 
What's the point of this? Short guys should consider joining the MGTOW movement. And girls, I think you should just straight up reject and not lead on guys who are short because you're not attracted to them anyway no matter how much of a "great guy" they are. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dream57

I agree with this post. Girls usually do tend to have standards in a guys height but you will find a girl one day who likes you for you. Don't worry. ive seen heaps of short guys going out with taller girls.

Guest omochi

In summary...

-you attempted (2x) to get with girls that were already in relationships

-you had a one night stand with someone that just wanted a one night stand

-only 1/5 girls mentioned your height in a negative way

-you stated 4/5 girls rejected you based on height (you are ASSUMING btw) but on the flip side this also means guys like you have a *1 in 5 chance* of meeting girls that don't have issues with height

...correct?

Hey I was pretty happy to read your stories. Even if you failed, it's pretty inspiring. I honestly think you are a boss, but cursed with a short height. I would be pretty bitter. You came a long way, further than most short guys I'd say, it's really impressive for any guy in general tbh. meeting one girl is hard enough, 5 is pretty good. I'm trying to understand your pain, but I'm not at that level yet.

here's one thing you should know though.. It's not so much "leading on" as it is "being friendly". See girls who don't have intentions of dating, but want to be closer than a friend will give off that vibe- because anything more than friend is automatically taken as wanting to be in a relationship. when girls need something, like a relationship-type of need, then they will seek to fulfill that, even if they don't want to be in a relationship- how that even makes sense is strange, but it's just that the label in and of itself is really intimidating and they don't want to make such big life decisions out of personal insecurity, but they really do enjoy that time together. And when she enjoys that time, she can see you're enjoying it too- she sees it as also making you happy (doing you a favor), not knowing that the fact they are actually afraid of commitment would make the whole scam classified as "leading you on".
so basically- they're having fun, you're having fun, what could go wrong right? during that time, they're not even thinking about the fact that they might reject you and end up hurting you, so they lead you on by accident. You could call them selfish for that, but I honestly don't think it was malicious.

Good luck to your future girl, reading these stories- I have no doubt that you have no problem attracting girls.

omochi said: In summary... -you attempted (2x) to get with girls that were already in relationships -you had a one night stand with someone that just wanted a one night stand -only 1/5 girls mentioned your height in a negative way -you stated 4/5 girls rejected you based on height (you are ASSUMING btw) but on the flip side this also means guys like you have a *1 in 5 chance* of meeting girls that don't have issues with height ...correct?

Anyhow the point of this thread isn't about poor lil 'old 'me. I'm concerned about something much larger here.
I think any guy who is under 5'5' should consider going MGTOW. Just accept it. I know it seems brutal now but it will serve you better in the long run. Just live life for yourself and not to anyone else's expectations. That's what MGTOW is all about. It's all about men reclaiming their own self-pride and sense of self amidst all the feminist, female self-entitlement comtaminating out world today. 
Let me put it this way. If short guys were so hated in humanity's past, there would be no more short guys. The fact that there exists short men in our society today shows that even short guys were able to successfully get women in the past. And in modern times, short guys are no longer able to do so. That means the female species is determined to get rid of our short genetics. Fine. But as we live in this reality, at least let us live out our lives with pride rather than being the the pathetic prey of these modern day feminists who are beant out on our distinction. 
Soompi female'ers, just admit it to yourself, you wish the extinction of all Asian short men. Fine, we accept it. But can you at least let us live out ur lives with some pride and dignity? We get you don't want any sexual relations us but the least you can do is let us live out our lives with some dignity and honor. 

Here's my take on things:

Girl 1 rejected you because you were only an emotional crutch to her. She was on the rocks with her boyfriend and her friends and used you for your shoulder to cry on.

Girl 2 wasn't attracted to you physically, whether it be because of height or other things. She probably also didn't like the fact that you confessed your feelings to her while she was in a relationship.

Girl 3 doesn't count because you said it wasn't due to physical issues.

Girl 4 probably only ever liked you as a friend and then had a drunken night and totally regretted having a one-night stand with you. Then she ran for the hills.

Girl 5 broke up with you because your dates were super boring. She just happened to date a tall guy next.

Maybe you should stop blaming everything else except you because it seems like other than the girls you actually dated, they only ever saw you as a friend.

So how many girls actually rejected you for your height?

0/5

Would not read again.

Prob not your height, it seems like they lack chemistry with you. The tall guys that they got with is just a coincidence. Honestly if someone really likes you, no matter your height, they'll like you. It sounds like these girls wasn't attracted to you as you were to them. Also you keep bringing up your height, so that is a factor of your own insecurity. I suggest you talk to a therapist if you haven't already.

No one has asked what MGTOW is? Really?

According to urbandictionary:

"Men/Man Going Their Own Way.

MGTOW is basically the statement of self-ownership and saying that only you have the right to decide what your goals in life should be.

It is saying that, as a man I will not surrender my will to the social expectations of women and society, because both have become hostile against masculinity."

Which basically is a definition of the typical reddit "Red Pill" guy crying misandry against every woman who rejects him...

Guest shooting_stars

Honestly, reading this guy's posts frustrates me because of the crazy negativity that practically bleeds through my screen from his words...but in any case:
It is definitely your negative attitude, and most likely timing and other outside circumstances, that have caused all these unsuccessful romances. I'm sorry that you feel this way. I wish you didn't (but I suppose that doesn't matter).
As stubborn as you seem, I still hope to offer this as a sort of consolation: my boyfriend is also around 5'5 (maybe even 5'4) and I am 5'2. I have always IDEALLY thought being taller was attractive, but somehow, every guy that I have been serious about has been pretty "short" (ranging from 5'4 - 5'8). My boyfriend became my boyfriend because he knows how to treat me well, and he NEVER once brought up his height as an issue or even seemed insecure about it, so it was easy for me to look past that as well and go on dates with him, eventually leading to a serious relationship. Most girls have certain "ideal" traits they'd like in a partner, but that doesn't mean those traits are the ONLY things they're looking for. Girls can change their mind as long as they vibe romantically with the guy. They can also sense insecurity/negativity (highly undesirable traits, btw) a mile away, which will affect any chances of dating them.
Seriously, negative thoughts manifest. If you don't learn to be openminded and positive about yourself, you're only going to see what you've been seeing...which seems to be negativity everywhere. You don't like something? Change it. Can't change it? Change the way you think about it.

True story: Real reason why I rejected guys...

Guy 1: 6'0" tall, super athletic, half-Asian, half-white, was unemployed at the time, he was really funny and we were really "compatible".

Rejection reason: He wasn't my type physically and he dated my good friend in high school for 4 years, I wasn't about to touch that!

Heigh factor: 0/10

Guy 2: Again about 5'11" tall, incredibly hot, dressed very well, had a retail job, but he was definitely moving up in the company and made a lot of commission.

Rejection reason: He was greasy and only wanted one thing. No matter how hot you are, I ain't about to touch that either!

Height factor: 0/10

Guy 3: 5'10" tall, was one of my best friends at the time, we played the same games and watched the same movies, very popular with the ladies, breakdancer, in school to be a doctor.

Rejection reason: Tried to date for a few weeks, it was too weird because he was basically one of my best friends at the time.

Height factor: -1/10

Guy 4: 5'7"? 5'8"? (I don't even know.) He was really fun to hang around, average looks, good job and income.

Rejection reason: I just wasn't attracted to him and no chemistry.

Heigh factor: 0/10

Guy 5: 5'7" I used to work with him. He likes video games and was a nice guy.

Rejection reason: Not attracted to his face/body -- he was very overweight and his BO was very bad. He drove me home once and I had to breathe through my nose the whole time and his BO actually stuck on me because I sat in the passenger's seat. He also got drunk at a New Year's Eve party, stabbed himself for attention, and confessed his love to me.

Height factor: -20/10

Archived