exo strenghts and weaknesses live

what do you think about exo's live strengths and weaknesses?

i think the fact that exo has a lot of members is a disadvantage and advantage at the same time:

advantage: they can liven up the mood, provide a great show and cause much excitement among the audience. their visual strength on stage due to an outstanding choreography and song may overshadow the group's weaknesses vocally and in dancing. if a few members aren't as good dancers as others (chen cough) it's no big deal as long as they give their best and dance powerfully along. the disappearing, appearing and reappearing of half of the exo members on stage and the many various dance formations are mainly the highlights of exo live and i think that is also the reason why sm gives exo such kind of songs --> visually a big group can do a lot.

disadvantage: first it's sm's focus on visual power/perfectionism over quantity/content.
second having a lot of members can at times look chaotic on stage and be an obstacle to dancing synchronically.
however, i think the main weakness of exo lies in the fact that they have more good dancers than good vocalists and rappers who sing and rap live very well. actually let's not even talk about the rap part. the only rap line i see in exo is chanyeol and maybe tao. anyway, it would be nice if a group has as many good vocalists as dancers. i personally think the only outstanding exo vocalist during live performances of their most recent album has been baekhyun. why? 1) in overdose chen's singing abilty doesn't stand out as much as it did in previous songs imo. overdose doesn't really suit him and there aren't many other korean songs exo performed live. in thunder and moonlight baekhyun and d.o. got all the lines. well too bad chen's in exo-m. 2) d.o. isn't very stable and gets outshined a lot by baekhyun and baekhyun's higher lines. i always think d.o. can still learn lots from baekhyun/chen and improve himself more but i guess with time he will. he has a very unique voice. so to me baek as singer and kai as dancer are always the most outstanding members during an exo live stage. they plus chen as singer are the ones who mainly 'save' a live performance to me.

----> conclusion: EXO are very well trained in providing exciting powerful stages BUT the top 3 exo vocalists can't make up for the whole group and exo as mainly being good dancers can't make up for an outbalanced and good performance since dancing only doesn't satisfy all aspects that make live stages overall so enjoyable and good. it wouldn't matter if exo was a smaller group, and here actually lies the weakness of groups with lots of members in general i guess or sm.. if i think of others with a lot of members but do have a fair amount of good vocalists, that gives them a bit more strong points than exo. (Apink, After School/Rainbow, Z:EA., maybe also AoA, Exid...)
what sm could change is choosing more (main) vocalists to be in the center. the concept of 'top 3 vocalists' among 10 people is lacking to me especially with such a big group. make chanyeol one of the lead vocals.
exo need to sing live more often or better: always and sm should make an emphasis on that. also the other vocalists like suho etc should improve more MOAR.

the only recent live stage of exo that gave off the overall satisfying quality to me that i am looking for because it was so authentic more than just visual was overdose+lucky at the SMA 2015. you didn't just hear their voices clearly but they also sang well. basically all members had their good moments and they as always danced very well (Y). if exo would always perform like that, i would be very satisfied as their fan and support them as daesang winners.

Archived