comparing live skills of exo, bts and potential daesang winner.

who would you give the daesang award if...

- you don't count (senior) groups who won daesangs already like suju, snsd, big bang..
- you look at the LIVE SKILLS of a group rather than album sales
- you consider how good the title song(s) of a group were in 2014 or general doesn't matter

i want this topic to focus on skills on live stage..i think certain groups judging from their skills would as much deserve a daesang as those who have always been in the spotlight.

BTS: i think technique wise they're already very good on stage, judging their dance and live vocal/rap skills. they kinda remind me of b.a.p -> powerful live stages, everything is LIVE, AUTHENTIC, RAW ..maybe because their concept is more free spirited like let's say yg and not so much generated/perfectionistic like let's say EXO's stages or sm in general (focus on visual performance > content)... although BTS also strive for perfection since they dance very synchronical.. but their style of doing a live stage is different and they seem more real.. it also seems to me that there are more good and stable vocalists if not better than in exo...

if i talk about EXO one can't deny that exo's concepts have always been kinda unique and despite the different genres a golden thread is very much noticable in their title songs: their songs are more made for the eyes, so to say for powerful live stages.. especially mama, wolf, overdose..and that's why their focus has always been on the choreography which is on one hand a good thing but on the other hand more of a pity imo...even as an exo stan i actually find it funny how a korean netizen once called them "oh the dancers"..if you know what i mean....

that is why i think skill wise BTS is more balanced out than exo. if i take their "boy in luv" SMA 2015 stage for example, i can't complain about anything. their vocalists sound stable, there's no lipsync, they're even holding the mics in their hands while dancing! their stage, exo's and taetiseo's were the most attracting in SMA 2015 to me.

if i look at the rookie groups like WINNER and GOT7 i think their skills on stage are already as good as of the daesang awarded EXO if not better.. --> winner because there are very good vocalists AND rappers and they can dance. got7 ---> 4 very good and stable vocalists live.... winner and got7 provide more content and quantity and thus a lil bit better quality than exo.. plus if you like yg and jyp style it's a good change to just sm style. a lil bit of every big 3 style maybe would make the perfect idol group to me.. lol.. anyway, i wish winner and got7 one day can as popular as exo. their strong point really is: FROM THE START they haven't been doing lipsync a lot, they focused on LIVE VOCALS during dancing from the start..

so judging SKILLS and BEST title song, i would have long given a Daesang to: (shinee, 2ne1), B.A.P. and SISTAR...and i think BTS also deserve one soon..also A Pink would make a good daesang winner i think... skillwise Infinite are i guess very advanced with live skills but their concepts are kinda not too appealing to me.. hmm it's a matter of taste as always..from their peculiar style of songs, they kinda reming me of vixx.. i just don't really like their songs.....but that's just me.. what personally is annoying to me about infinite are their high-pitched vocals.. i can't listen to them for too long..

so that was my take on analysing a group's skill on live stage in connection with upgraded criteria for becoming a daesang winner.

i totally agree with you
;)
i like all the groups that you mentioned but i think bts is better than exo in live performances. i mean exo can perform live too but bts has more hard choreography and still they do live performances like how they do it in their mv's
and btw i really love B.A.P too. My ultimate bias in all boy groups
:x

Archived