reestablishing contact with old highschool friends in hopes of relationship?

Ninshark

What do you guys think about this topic. I have read a lot of stories that go something like, "Someone I know from highschool just messaged me out of the blue today, I haven't seen him for x years..."

Do you think this is a good idea? Do relationships really happen?

I'm thinking of doing this, I have a friend who I was really good friends with, I even went to prom with her, plus she's really attractive. I never took the initiative to ask her out, it's been about 7 years. I don't know why she stayed single all these years. but since she's still available, and we're pretty good friends, it's not hard to suggest perhaps we could be in a relationship.

A friend from middle school contacted me out of the blue on Facebook about a year and a half ago and after talking for a few days, he asked if I wanted to hang out/catch up. I was pretty good friends with him back in middle school, so I definitely was up for hanging out.

We hung out and both found out that we had crushes on each other in middle school. He told me he hadn't tried to talk to me since I was in long term relationships, but now that I was single, he wanted to give it a try. 15 years after middle school, we're dating.

Now of course, this isn't always going to happen. There were other guys from middle school and high school that had tried the same thing, but I didn't even really want to talk to them, since I wasn't attracted to them at all. However, seeing as you went to prom with her, there could be something there.

Don't be afraid to spark up a random conversation with her. If it results with you guys hanging out or dating, that's great, but if you don't, at least you tried and you know for sure. Remember, there are plenty of crabs in the sea!

Good luck nin!

Guest writerstale

@NuaghtyDog : From 3-4 older women I know of I've heard middle school folks reuniting like you that that happened to.

@Ninshark: Give it a whirl. Have no expectations.

Archived