SHIPPERS' CONTEST (yes, we're doing it again!)

melkimx

soompi-shippers-vday-contest.png

Flowers are blooming and birds are singing*... love is in the air!

(*depending on where you live)

OVERVIEW AND PRIZES
Hi Soompiers, Valentine's Day is coming up! What better way to celebrate than with the forum that celebrates love in its most ideal form? For the second year in a row, we will have a friendly contest to determine which couples reign supreme!
The purpose of this contest is to introduce newcomers to the wonderful shipping communities within Soompi. We all want to know who your couple is and what makes them special, so show us your best text, photos, artwork, videos, and more! We will display some of the best content on our editorial site to give everyone the chance to get to know your couple. 

The winning teams will receive a special member status on Soompi which will be reflected whenever they post (similar to FOS status, but with your own chosen unique name and color). At the staff's discretion, one person from the fandom may be granted limited moderating privileges to moderate within their thread. These privileges may or may not be permanent, but are guaranteed for at least ONE YEAR.
Last year, as you may know, the winning teams were YongSeo and SoGong. We have decided that while these teams may participate, they will not be eligible for the prize, because they already have the member status.

INSTRUCTIONS
Here's how it will work. If you think your team has what it takes to participate in all four rounds (1. photos and info, 2. essay, 3. fanart, and 4. original video), you can enter by REPLYING IN THIS THREAD.

This contest will have TWO TRACKS: long-time couples, and those couples whose threads were started after January 1, 2014. In order to participate, your couple must have an active thread here on Soompi.
This contest will have TWO CATEGORIES OF WINNERS: overall fan vote and staff pick.
Therefore there will be FOUR WINNERS TOTAL.
This year, to minimize confusion and allow teams to have more time to work on the rounds, we will outline the instructions for each round in advance. 

ROUND 1: PHOTOS AND INFO
The first round will start off with a bang! Members will compile entries as usual on the forums, but for the first time, we will open voting on our news site. This means that we will not be counting votes on the forums for Round 1. The entries will be posted as an article, and everyone will be allowed to vote in Round 1, even non-Soompiers.

• Entry period: 2/10-2/13 (end of day KST)
  • Voting period (news site only): 2/14-17 (EoD KST)
  • Explanation:
    • Written intro:
      • Names:
      • Ages:
      • Occupations:
      • How did they meet:
      • Fandom name (if applicable):
      • Describe your couple in three words:
      • Quotes (for example, something he said about her or she said about him, or something one of them said about love, etc. You can include up to five quotes.):
    • Photos:
      • 2 unedited photos of your couple together that you feel really depicts their relationship and/or personalities. 1000px width and height maximum. 

FUTURE ROUNDS (dates subject to change)
    • Round 2 (essay):
    • Entry period: 2/18-19
    • Voting period: 2/19-2/23
    • Explanation: 2000 words maximum describing a day in the life of your couple... if they were married to each other!
    • Round 3 (fan art):
    • Entry period: 2/23-2/24
    • Voting period: 2/24-2/26
    • Explanation: 3 original examples of fan art. 1000px width and height maximum.
    • Round 4 (video, FINALISTS ONLY):
    • Entry period: 2/26-27
    • Voting period: 2/27-3/2
    • Explanation: Original video clip <5 minutes in length

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count us in! Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyuns' team! 
But admin I have a few questions.. A little bit confused... Hehe tumblr_n82fnt9DhP1tw5ouco1_100.gif
1) For the first round on written info, whose name/ages/occupation is required? Our name or our OTP? If our name..does it mean only ONE representative from each team?2) If we done the written intro, we should posted it on this thread right?? http://forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2026075/shippers-contest-round-1-photos-and-info?new=1 melkimx said: rainshout said: Hello, dear admin.
Is it allowed to copy the contess's rules to our forum?
Thank you.

I am positive DongHae couple thread will partecipate!

I also want to know if we should choose a representative of our thread to entry and if we pass the rounds, only that user can entry each part of the contest. Also, will non-soompi users be able to vote on the poll? There are many fans out there that are ot registered users over here that I am sure would want to help voting in the poll for their OTP.

Another question: then we can post our entries both here and on the other thread... or here we should just say if we will partecipate or not? Can we also post the entry on our couple thread so that other shippers can comment on it before we actually submit it as an entry for the contest?

purplebass said: Another question: then we can post our entries both here and on the other thread... or here we should just say if we will partecipate or not? Can we also post the entry on our couple thread so that other shippers can comment on it before we actually submit it as an entry for the contest?
of course! i actually expect that people should do that, so everyone can review the entry first.

redspider said: Count us in! Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyuns' team! 
But admin I have a few questions.. A little bit confused... Hehe tumblr_n82fnt9DhP1tw5ouco1_100.gif
1) For the first round on written info, whose name/ages/occupation is required? Our name or our OTP? If our name..does it mean only ONE representative from each team?2) If we done the written intro, we should posted it on this thread right?? http://forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2026075/shippers-contest-round-1-photos-and-info?new=1 melkimx said: rainshout said: Hello, dear admin.
Is it allowed to copy the contess's rules to our forum?
Thank you.
That's fine. I guess at this point, it should be an easy contest to win... no competitors  :-S 3) What did you mean no competitors?? oh because at the time i wrote that, there was only one participating team. now there are several so i guess there will be competitors^^

Hello admin, another question, In the 2 unedited photo to be submitted.. our group would like to know if we could make a 2 photo collage which contains unedited picture of our couple,.. or it is just 2 single photo that need to be submit.. 

sorry admin if we have a lot of inquiry, its our first time.. thank you admin,

dmjcsi said: Hello admin, another question, In the 2 unedited photo to be submitted.. our group would like to know if we could make a 2 photo collage which contains unedited picture of our couple,.. or it is just 2 single photo that need to be submit.. 

sorry admin if we have a lot of inquiry, its our first time.. thank you admin, two unedited single photos. so no collage^^ sorry
The reason is that the photos will be posted in an article. Articles look better with a large hi-res photo. Also, we want everyone's couple to be treated the same way, so consistency is better. 

melkimx said: dmjcsi said: Hello admin, another question, In the 2 unedited photo to be submitted.. our group would like to know if we could make a 2 photo collage which contains unedited picture of our couple,.. or it is just 2 single photo that need to be submit.. 

sorry admin if we have a lot of inquiry, its our first time.. thank you admin,

hello admin, i have question since english is so confusing for me sometimes lol 

• Quotes (for example, something he said about her or she said about him, or something one of them said about love, etc. You can include up to five quotes.):does it means we can include "more than five" or "five or less"?thankyou in advance :)

Guest Tinkiebell

starletjul said: hello admin, i have question since english is so confusing for me sometimes lol 

• Quotes (for example, something he said about her or she said about him, or something one of them said about love, etc. You can include up to five quotes.):does it means we can include "more than five" or "five or less"?thankyou in advance :)

Archived