Would you stop smiling so that you won't get wrinkles?

~ BunnyliciouS ~

Due to the topic, I thought this article's more suitable here than in the Current Events. Move it if it's not. 

I guess Victoria Beckham is also the same. I've never seen pictures of her smiling.

=========

Meet the woman who says she hasn't smiled for FORTY YEARS... so she doesn't get wrinkles

Tess Christian's female friends look the picture of merriment when they get together for their frequent Friday nights out in a local restaurant.

Champagne flows, the conversation gets steadily more raucous and peals of laughter hang over their table.

But there’s always an odd one out in the happy scene: Tess, 50, who sits stony-faced while her friends giggle around her. Not even a flicker of a smile, let alone a laugh, escapes her lips.

Tess isn’t devoid of humour, but for nearly 40 years she has made a conscious decision not to laugh or smile — even at the birth of her daughter. This is because Tess says that maintaining a perennial poker face is a crucial way to keeping her — admittedly, impressive — youthful looks.

‘I don’t have wrinkles because I have trained myself to control my facial muscles,’ says Tess, ‘Everyone asks if I’ve had Botox, but I haven’t, and I know that it’s thanks to the fact I haven’t laughed or smiled since I was a teenager. My dedication has paid off, I don’t have a single line on my face.

‘Yes, I am vain and want to remain youthful. My strategy is more natural than Botox and more effective than any expensive beauty cream or facial.’

50 y.o vs 19 y.o

ad_158536309-e1422875456464.jpg

2528C45A00000578-2935632-image-a-24_1422

Tess Christian, 50, (pictured) does not allow a flicker of a smile to pass her lips, and hasn't for almost 40 years, in an attempt to ward off wrinkles

Read more here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2935632/Meet-woman-says-hasn-t-smiled-40-years-doesn-t-wrinkles.html

Guest glamazon21

Never!!! I think the wrinkles from smiling add character to the face. I don't always find wrinkles to be unsightly, it's part of life and I feel bad that older women experience "ageism" because of it. That doesn't mean I don't think that people should try to take care of their skin and maybe minimize it, but wrinkles all in all aren't that bad.

• 2 months later...
Guest Azelas

Sorry to break it to you, but you do actually have lines.That's just idiotic. Not allowing yourself to smile, christ...This woman must lead such a miserable life. I feel sorry for her.Wrinkles are a sign of having lived a long, joyful and fulfilling life.A prudent but vain measure to take, not smiling. Get some filler instead.Aquamid, for example, lasts well over 5-15 years. Just make sure you get it done by the very best!I've had it in my vocal folds, because of my vocal fold paralysis. I've yet to have any side-effects, and the results are very good!

• 1 month later...
Guest bebeauty

It is seriously depressing to me that someone would choose to not smile to avoid wrinkles. I love smiling, in fact, I have a huge smile when someone takes a picture of me. I use anti aging products and pure argan oil and I am often told I look much younger than I am, so I must be doing something right! Never let vanity interfere with you smiling, the world needs to see more smiles :)

Guest hammybaby

Kim K. has said the same thing too - she said she doesn't smile in pictures because she's afraid of getting wrinkles. Eh whatever makes themselves happy I suppose.

Guest happytogetehr

I'm a little shocked by this thread,how can a man not smile just to avoid getting wrinkles!!!It's unbelievable, I would never do this!!!

• 2 months later...

Archived