Is water bad for my hair?

Guest FraZZLE

Guest FraZZLE

I'm a guy who has hair that doesn't like to behave.  When I wake up, my hair is really messy and a comb can't really fix it.  So I have to put some water in my hair to straighten it.  Then I can dry my hair and style it with wax/gel.  Is putting water in my hair a bad thing to do?  I've heard it's bad for your hair and can give you head lice.    

• 3 weeks later...

No regular shower water is not bad for the hair. But when the hair is wet, it stretches significantly so it is weaker. (This is why when you get a haircut on wet hair, you always cut longer than you actually want or otherwise cut on dry hair). So brushing the hair when its sopping wet is harmful since it will break the hair. But if you just put a little water in the morning and brush it out it should be fine. And lice is not spread by water but rather by someone else who has it. So you don't have to worry about water causing lice. :)But like the comment above mine said, in waterparks and pools there is chlorine which dries out and lightens the hair. But your probably not showering with pool water so... haha :D

• 2 months later...
Guest Azelas

For some strange reason, water has always had a bad effect on my hair. It makes it all poofy and dries it out.That is why I barely wash it at all. Maybe once a month, something like that.Everyones hair is different, do what feels right for you.

• 1 month later...
Guest bebeauty

Excess or less water will not give you head lice. I shampoo once a week and condition twice a week and my hair feels great and soft! I also use pure argan oil on my hair to leave it shiny and hydrated. Water makes hair weaker and causes faster color fading, it is recommended you wash your hair with cold water to avoid negative effects.

Archived