[OFFICIAL] 5urprise (서프라이즈) Thread ~KANG JOON "Are You Human Too?"| TAE HWAN "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?"

Admin

Kdykvs3.jpg

Actor-idol group 5urprise was formed by Fantagio Entertainment 2013 through the agency's "Actor's League" and trained for two years before they made their entertainment debut. They are called an actor-idol group because instead of debuting as singers first then going into acting, they debuted as actors first and have expanded into singing. They made their acting debut in the web drama After School: Lucky or Not.

Group Info:

Name: 5urprise (pronounced Surprise)

Agency: Fantagio Entertainment

Debut: September 2, 2013

"Official" Music Debut: November 18, 2014

Debut Album: From My Heart

Official Twitter

Official Facebook

Official Daum Cafe

5urprise International SNS

Members

5urprise-yooil-e1416224759387.jpg?w=627
Name: Yoo Il (유일)
Real: Name: Park Sang Il
Birthdate: January 11, 1990
Birth Place: South Korea
Height: 178 cm
Weight: 63 kg
Profession: Actor-idol

Position: Leader, Main Vocals, Main Dancer
Blood Type B
Star Sign: Capricorn

Instagram: yooil0111
Hobies/Speciality: Health Fitness, Fishing, Going to Movies, Watching Dramas / Wakeboarding
Talent agency: Fantagio
Trivia:
The original R-eal Members
TV Shows:
Together with R-eal captain to "A&P" name concert 2007
MBC drama "Palace" episode 3
After School Bokbulbok (NATE/Btv/Tstore/Hoppin, 2013)
You Will Love Me (2015-2016)

RH071500 musical (2015)
Secretly, Greatly musical (2016)
5urprise-kangjun-e1416224942497.jpg?w=62
Name: Seo Kang Jun (서강준)
Birthdate: October 12, 1993
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 65 kg
Profession: Actor-Idol

Position: Lead Vocals
Blood Type: AB
Star Sign: Libra

Instagram: seokj1012
Hobies/Speciality: Horseback Riding, Tennis, Golf / Piano
Trivia:
TV Shows:
The Strange Housekeeper (SBS, 2013)
Good Doctor (KBS2, 2013, ep 12) cameo

What Happens To My Family? (2014-2015)

Hwajung (2015)

Cheese In the Trap (2015-2016)

Entourage (2016)

5urprise-gongmyung-e1416224994289.jpg?w=

Name: Gong Myung (공명)
Birthdate: 26 May, 1994
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 63 kg

Position: Vocals
Blood Type: A
Star Sign: Geminis

Instagram: 0myoung_0526
Hobies/Speciality: Going to Movies, Watching Dramas / Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido
Trivia:
Participants After School "Flashback" MV
TV Shows:
Infinite Power (SNS, 2013)
If You Were Me 6 (2013)

Hwajung (2015)

Beautiful You (2016)

Entertainer (2016)

Drinking Solo (2016) 

Bride of the Water God (2017)

5urprise-taeho-e1416224889123.jpg?w=300&
Name: Kang Tae Oh (강 태 오)
Birthdate: June 20, 1994
Height: 179 cm
Weight: 66 kg

Position: Vocals, Lead Dancer
Blood Type: B

Instagram: kangtaeoh0620
Star Sign/Hobies: Working out, Going to Movies, Listening to Music / Exercise
Speciality: Sports
Trivia:
Participants Hello Venus "Venus'' MV
TV Shows:
Forever Young (2014-2015)

The Queen's Flower (2015)

The Dearest Lady (2016)

Forever Young Season 2 (2016)

You Are Too Much (2017)
5urprise-taewan-e1416224825602.jpg?w=300

Name: Lee Tae Hwan (이태환)
Birthdate: Feb 21, 1995
Height: 1.88 cm
Weight: 72 kg

Position: Maknae, Vocals
Blood Type: B
Star Sign: Pisces

Instagram: leetaehwan0221
Hobies/Speciality: Working out, Lisening to Music / Exercise
Trivia:
Participants Hello Venus "What are you doing today'' MV
TV Shows:

High School King of Savvy (2014)

Pride & Prejudice (2014-2015)

Daughter's Age of Independence (2015)

Comeback Mister (2016)

W (2016)

Father, I'll Take Care of You (2017)

member profile info 5urprise int'l 

member images kpopinfo114
Music Videos

Hey U Come On (After School: Lucky Or Not)

From My Heart

From My Heart - 5urprise Party! Showcase

Video of their showcase from StarNews

5urprise

5urprise.jpg
1392429_1421010094795594_2010002085_n.jp
5urprise_1440641815_20150826_surprise1.j

1e165be0b531008815826fa8194454de.jpg

• 5 months later...

Thanks God, I found out this topic. :D

Have you all listened the solo version of From My Heart, which Kang Tae Oh performed by himself? His solo version is also the main OST of Forever Young's Drama. Enjoy! Let's me know how you think.

• Like 1

@ LavelyShai:) YES, this is a collaboration drama between Vietnam & Korea, Kang Tae Oh's acting was beyond amazing in it. The drama will be on air in Korea from 23 June 2015 on StoryOn channel, and starts to kick off all over Asian countries from 6 July 2015 on Channel M.

5uprise also appeared as Cameo on 1 edpisode, took a role as a famous Kpop band in this drama. As I have heard a rumor that 5uprise will have a fan meeting in Vietnam at the end of this year due to Kang Tae Oh's crazy popularity, but I am not so sure how reliable is it.

By the way, can you suggest where I can submit a Topic about Foreveryoung drama? Because this is not only Vietnamese drama, it is also Korean drama, and I really want to recommend other members to watch this.

Thanks in advance.

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY KANG TAE OH - Today is his birthday. :wub:

Edited by ttxfyoung_stv

• 3 months later...

@Lavelyshai : Thank you so much for buzzing me about this full version ...  :wub: I agree with you it's so cheesy... I don't know if its catchy lol... but its cute for sure ^^

Anyway seeing them having fun & spending time together really makes me thrilled, so sweet :wub:...  

Really wish their debut will gain a great response. <3

I can't wait to hear Once More and I Sing For You. :D

@LavelyShai:

Yeah, I am quite surprised when you buzzed to watch the full version that so early.

I am with you on that expectation about their debut, I am just happy with the fact that they got a chance to debut in Japan, that's all. Whatever the result will be let it be, I only hope they just go there doing their best and have fun, then come back and show us their new dramas or other projects.. etc.. It's extremely hard to withstand in Kbiz or Jbiz in general, and they aren't even the strong boyband compare to other band groups, so I am just happy that they got opportunity to do so many fan meetings and concerts everywhere. 

Anyway, ha ha, maybe that the lack of interest overall in Soompi towards 5urprise made you think you are the only one here, but I can see their Twiiter fans are also very active, I bet you would know Makeme5urprise, 5urprise Japan...  etc.. I also followed them too. ^^... 

By the way, I really want them to focus more into old school songs somehow like From My Heart, this genre fit them the most beside their great acting ^^

Edited by TTXFYoung

@LavelyShai

Well, ha ha, I really didn't know about 5urprise 's existing until I discovered Kang Tae Oh. After that I did research about them, and just found out, oh in fact I read about an actor-group debuting in Korea a while ago in a Vietnamese media site. Fantagio did make a lot annoucements spreading out all over places, but it was sunk in between various entertainment news ... beside that, I guess Fantagio didn't really seem to push them hard to becoming a popular idol group, unlike other companies, probably they tend to push them becoming actors instead,  so I am not so surprised if ppl would think about them like you said. Ok that is only my theory and maybe I am wrong.

Oh, I really want to watch Tae Hwan' Chinese drama - I will check it out soon, also I am looking forward to Kang Joon new drama too, I am not so into historical drama that's why I skipped his recent drama. Kang Joon and also Gong Myung really stole my heart in After School season 1.  Gong Myung was so cute on that and I can't wait to watch him in another drama - well just not ancient drama pls.

I am planing to watch To Be Continued, but have no time for it just yet. Kang Joon, Tae Oh and Yoo Ill made Cameo but still, I have not checked out their part yet ^^

Edited by TTXFYoung

@LavelyShai

Oh, I have to watch Roommate Season 2, always forgot that.

As far as I know, they seem to have more fans from oversea, esp. Thailand, other than in Korea right? I don't see much activities from Korean fans over Naver or Daum... etc.. I see they also have fans in China over weibo, really hope they could get more attention from this market, its good for their career overall, Fantagio need to work on plan to push them debuting in China following after Japan's campaign.

I don't know about Tae Hwan's drama too, I have to research again ^^, hope this drama would help 5urprise gaining more Cfans like they way how FY has done^^ in Vietnam.

I definately will watch Kang Joon new drama although I have no any idea about its plot yet.

About To be Continued... I  don't really follow it, so I don't know if it was subbed or not, but I saw Vsub updated. In fact I might not watch the whole show, only plan to watch the parts that Kang Joon, Tae Oh and Yoo Ill did Cameo. :D Well I also have no much time since I follow a lot of dramas and need to catch up too ^^

P/s: Hope you will find your time to start FY soon... I know you love Kang Joon the most, but I promise you Tae Oh won't make you dissapoited....^^

Edited by TTXFYoung

Cheese In the Trap is basically a slice of life type of story which centers around one character, Hong Seol, and her relationship with a popular and mysterious student, Yoo Jeong. Kang Joon plays Baek In Ho, someone who knows Jeong's true nature & has had a kind of rough life. I haven't finished it yet so I have no idea how In Ho's life ends up, but I think he starts to like Seol. Kang Joon has played jerky characters before so he shouldn't have problem, but this is based on a popular webtoon so there will be pressure. 

Thanks. Absolutely worth to wait, since Seo Kang Joon in it.

I can't stop replay this clip, well... he took my breath away.... guess you already watched it :)

Seriously Kang Joon owns everything to be a Top star, the look, the charisma, the acting... :wub:

Beside that, bonus Kang Tae Oh on Dreamteam Thailand:

CQOxB22UsAARZ3J.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I saw all the pictures and clips over twiiter about Kang Tae Oh - Dream Team Thailand and Seo Kang Joon in Korea Drama Awards too. Seo Kang Joon looks really great!

Comedy Big League 이국주, 서강준 번호 딴 현장! 내꺼♥ 151011 EP.140 - Seo Kang Joon :wub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muVrXeyk9GM&feature=youtu.be

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 12/10 !!! SEO KANG JOON !!! 

CRC3snEVEAAuyCi.jpg

Edited by TTXFYoung

@TTXFYoung

Thanks for the link to that video, I couldn't understand a word, but it was still funny lol All I got was she called herself from his phone. 

Hmm odd topic, but I wonder how the boys' living condition is now? I remember when he first was on Roommate Season 1 and it was revealed 5urprise slept on the floor & didn't eat meat too much, they should have beds by now...right? lol 

Hi Hi... I also wonder about it too, they did have a hard time before and from what I've heard, they now have moved into a bigger room, which has a window  :sweatingbullets:  at least...:mellow:

Guess their living condition is upgraded a little bit ^^

Gosh, I really hope Seo Kang Joon becomes more and more popular like one of those TOP stars, he seems to have that chance, so he could bring more attention to 5urprise.

• 3 weeks later...

@TTXFYoung

Question, do you know where I can download their Japan single? I can't find it & what I can access, it won't work. I may have to just buy the physical album...*sigh* I just bought Taeyeon's now I need to get another. 

Hic... I don't know yet my mod I see a lot of Vfans asking for purchasing the physical albums too, I don't see any download available information enywhere yet... I will buzz you if I get any info ^^

Speaking of Kang Joon, I was wondering why there were comments on Tae Oh's post sayind "mission complete" turns out Kang Joon lefts comments on his Instagram wondering when he was going to wish him a happy birthday. Tae Oh's response was that picture lol Our leader has no shame in asking for birthday wishes :P 

Ha ha... sorry my mod, have been such busy lately so forgot to reply back ^^... Haha.. Kang Joon is so funny, love love love their bromance  a lot.

I am really happy when I see beside Kang Joon, each one of them is being recognized... they all have their own project recently... Kang Tae Oh is also officially confirmed to be a man lead in the upcoming drama " Best lovers" due to a Naver new.

I will save my time to watch or at least to catch up with all their dramas. :wub:

Edited by TTXFYoung

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, they got #1 on Kpop weekly chart? - That's a great new... Thanks for update this information

I have not much time lately, so I have no idea how thing works in Japan, hopefully all is well for our boys.

Did you find where to download or listen to their full album yet? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

@LavelyShai

Sorry chingu, been really busy lately that I have no time to catch up with 5urprise. 

Sorry to tell you that its hard to have Engsub for you to watch... ^^ I even have not watched it in Vietsub yet, and don't know if there is any haha...

Clip seems really hilarious, and their bromance is so sweet and Lmao to the "love" between Kang Joon and Yoo Il... lol

BTW: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to YOU :heart:

• 1 month later...

Hey dear @LavelyShai im sure that you also watch CITT drama right? hehee..

Anyway i would like to share bout SKJ here :D

• SKJ IG:: "such a gorgeous time❤️" #thanks#singapore

12750274_1574899346162325_1418262350_n.j

----------------------------------

Seo Kang-joon offers coffee and free hugs event!!!

Singer and actor Seo Kang-joon will meet 540 fans on Feb. 23, a representative from his TV drama series “Cheese in the Trap” confirmed.

The event was originally scheduled to be held Tuesday at a coffee shop in Daehangno, but his agency Fantagio cancelled the event due to safety concerns, since overwhelming crowds flocked to see him.

Spoiler

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160219

According to a post on the TV drama’s Facebook account, 270 people who took a number Tuesday can attend the event and will be given free coffee on a first-come first-served basis.

“Another 270 fans could enjoy the meeting on the same basis, and will be offered with free hugs instead of coffee,” it added.

Seo once pledged to hold the event with fans if viewership of his TV drama hit 5 percent. Viewership ratings of the third episode recorded 5.4 percent. The TV drama is garnering popularity both at home and abroad, especially in China.

source

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LavelyShai said:

@MiAmour

That was from his fanmeet, thanks for sharing! He actually has another today in Thailand although that one was originally meant to be for all members, but unsure about why it changed. 

As for CITT, I dropped it last week. I love Kang Joon, but not enough to sit through a bad adaptation of a great webtoon. 

Currently waiting on the members to upload some embarrassing picture of Tae Hwan for his birthday. 

Yeah i agreed

It looks like he's so busy since he came back from Tonga. He seems to have rested only on monday because he prepared for his fanmeeting (the one that was cancelled. He was so excited and was sooo amazing on the pictures. He doesn't even need make up, indeed I prefer him without it), then went to Singapore for a fanmeeting and is now in Thailand for another one tomorrow. Then he'll be back for the free hug-coffee fan meeting in Korea on the 23rd.

He must be tired from all those flights in a short period. Must be tough for him.

I guess he will have to work non stop until his vacation with the CITT crew on march. Anyway, the singapore, thailand and korean fans are so lucky. And did you probably got chance meet him in any fanmeeting? LOL

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LavelyShai said:

Yeah in the past year he's been extremely busy since his popularity has risen since Roommate & I do feel for him since his schedules are so crazy, but I know he appreciates it since that means him & the members get more money. In 2014, they really had nothing. They all shared a one bedroom dorm with no bed & no other furniture and they only ate ramen. Since he's gotten more attention & the boys have all gotten consistent work, they now have a 2 bedroom apartment with bunk beds...still no couch or table since they prefer to do without it lol 

I haven't gotten the chance to meet any of them since they've never come to California lol I wish they would release more music & have a concert or something here, they're super popular in Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, & Japan. 

LOL so you're from California.. i see, 

And whoa i never heard that 5urprise including SKJ had a hard life living in a same room before. but why they dont need those furnitures?? Are they perhaps savings for the future? What about their company Fantagio? they didnt support them? omg :crazy:

5urprise is still an idol right? They deserved a better place to live. but somehow maybe some of members living w/ their family?

• Like 1