Any workout suggestions for small, petite woman?

Guest orchidlover

Guest orchidlover

Hello All, 
Anyone have any suggestions on exercises for small, petite woman?  I am around 152 cm (5 foot) and weigh around 90 lbs, I know I am underweight so I have been trying to gain some.  Being that skinny, I am literally flat front and back, although my body is proportional.  I have tried butt, ab and arm tone up, and yoga.  I read that you can't just work out one part of the body.  I also do cardio before, but too afraid to lose weight.  Any suggestions?Thank you!

Guest mpower22

I guess you want to gain a little weight by adding some fat and muscle. Well... ^ melanie said it.. Lift heavy, like bodybuilders, and eat more. That's pretty much the only way to go.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest orchidlover

Yes In order to gain weight Lift heavy and eat more and healthy food. I would also suggest you to eat banana with milk which will help you to gain weight.

---------------

http://www.cellublue.com/

Will that help to gain butt? I have been doing squats, bridges, lunges for butt and other ab workout to get ab

Guest dreaminglook

Hi, I suggest that you try a different work out like dancing. I think, it will be much more fun and enjoyable while you lose weight. There are a lot of applications that are free nowadays that you can use for your video dance craze work out. I have tried it already and its good!

Guest orchidlover

dreaminglook said: Hi, I suggest that you try a different work out like dancing. I think, it will be much more fun and enjoyable while you lose weight. There are a lot of applications that are free nowadays that you can use for your video dance craze work out. I have tried it already and its good!

Guest JOKERCHIW

Hi, for your information : http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/exercises/bodybuilding-execises-for-the-petite-female.html

Guest kumagi3

It seems like weight training is the way to go for you since you're trying to gain muscles. Have you tried eating more protein? It should help you build muscles faster. You want to gain muscles and not just fat, so just keep exercising and eat healthy.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest orchidlover

kumagi3 said: It seems like weight training is the way to go for you since you're trying to gain muscles. Have you tried eating more protein? It should help you build muscles faster. You want to gain muscles and not just fat, so just keep exercising and eat healthy.

Guest sarahlouise

I suggest you up the protein and healthy fats into your diet.  It's 80% diet and 20% exercise!!

And as the others mentioned head to the gym and life heavy weights.  
One things to remember though is regular intensive weight training can slash as many, if not more, calories as a cardio session.  Keep up the variety so that you are working on several areas, not just that butt!

And remember to train the upper body at least twice a week too so you don't end up with scrawny arms! lol.

• 1 year later...
On 15.03.2015 at 3:35 PM, sarahlouise said:

I suggest you up the protein and healthy fats into your diet.  It's 80% diet and 20% exercise!!

And as the others mentioned head to the gym and life heavy weights.  
One things to remember though is regular intensive weight training can slash as many, if not more, calories as a cardio session.  Keep up the variety so that you are working on several areas, not just that butt!

And remember to train the upper body at least twice a week too so you don't end up with scrawny arms! lol.

Can't not to agree with you, even if this topic is old! :) I noticed that such recommendations are good for people with different body types, even the small ones, it's really the best combination of healthy eating habbits/diets and regular physical activities :) I have a friend with the same body shape and she practised yoga, also ran regurarly and used such sport stuff http://stylemann.com/best-proform-elliptical-reviews/ , also treadmills and others, her results were amazing! :)
I think that you just need patience because usually such physical imporvements don't appear very fast :phew:

• 3 weeks later...

Never thought I'd post here. I'm shorter and thinner than OP and also a hard gainer, with a BMI of 15.1. I did pilates and yoga some years back but it only toned my body.

I just had a body assessment at the gym this morning and will start my weight gain training next week. I will post my program and results if anyone's interested. 

Archived