should I pursue this court case? need advice please*

Ninshark

Hey everyone, I was jumped and totally beaten up by a gang of about 7 people 2 weeks ago. The detective finally got back with me and is currently writing up a follow-up report that I'm supposed to discuss with the victim's advocate in about 3 days. He has also found a potential suspect. I have the option of letting them get away with it or continuing to pursue the case. I know things could get really complicated, plus apprehensive is an understatement about my approach to this situation. What would you guys do?

If you're worried about retribution, you should at least discuss and make this known with your advocate/lawyer to map out your options.  They're probably in a better position to advise you on what kind of protections they might offer you since you were the victim. 

Sue them, and collect the compensation. This way you can hire bodyguards who will refer to you as 'Mr. President'. For the time being, request witness protection, even though you are the victim, you are still considered a witness in the eyes of the law, while the state is the victim on paper.

Pursue, but be sure to relocate later.

Archived