[Variety 2015] Three Meals A Day - Fishing Village 삼시세끼-어촌편 (tvN)

Title: Three Meals a Day - Fishing Village

zEiARTc.jpg

Hangul: 삼시세끼-어촌편 Director: Na Young Suk, Shin Hyo Jung Network: tvNGenre: Variety Show
Stars: Jang Keun Suk - Cha Seung Won- Yu Hae Jin Location: Manjae Island
Episodes: 10Release Date: January 16, 2015Runtime: Friday | 9:45 pm KST [70 minutes]Language: KoreanCountry: South Korea

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[introduction] About the cast of ‘Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village’

Jang Keun Suk

16033601897_9d253837bc_z.jpg

“Keun-Suk~~~”
The name was boomed out everywhere in Manjae island!
A son of fish farm, Jang Keun Suk can settle down in Manjae island with two brothers?

Cha Seung Won

16213768582_62e9ec4a63_z.jpg

A natural-born good housewife who can cook and wash dishes at a time, ChAjumma!
What kind of ‘Three Meals a Day’ ChAjumma prepared?

Loo Hae Jin

16212676711_bb02d72d49_z.jpg

This man wants to be full Socrates more than a hungry pig!
Even if it rains, blows, and hails, he makes a fire for the cauldron and prepares a meal.

Web: http://program.interest.me/tvn/3bobinsum/

‘Three Meals a Day’ Fishing Village special trailer is released, Cha Seung Won Jang Keun Suk were cheated?

At the end of TVN variety programme ‘3 Meals A Day’ , the trailer for a special fishing village edition was aired. In the trailer, the main persons for the fishing village edition Cha Seung Won, Jang Keun Suk, Loo Hae Jin appeared. Talked about how they were all cheated by PD Lu Young Suk’s sweet talk & decided to participate in the programme.

16059667012_1cd3a56ff2_z.jpg

Tonight, at the end of TVN programme ‘3 Meals a Day’, the trailer for fishing village edition was aired. In the trailer, the main persons for the fishing village edition Cha Seung Won, Jang Keun Suk, Loo Hae Jin & PD Lu Young Suk gathered together, discussing the roles in the programme. In the trailer, CSW said in his 45 years with seasoning, he’s very good with cooking, JKS also said he had good skills in cooking, receiving a lot of eagerness from viewers.

Apparently, the three will become fishermen, going to a fishing village on a small island, living a self-supporting lifestyle on the seaside. In regards to this, CSW, JKS etc of course wouldn’t have agreed easily. Therefore, PD LYS used all his tricks to persuade them to appear on the programme, even resorting to sweet talk, coaxing & lying, the viewers were enjoying it. ‘That island is very good, it’s heaven’. PD LYS is starting to promote the island they will be going to.

Sure enough, how did PD LYS cheated CSW, JKS, LHJ & made them appear on the programme willingly? When the 3 get on the island, will they adjust to the self-supporting lifestyle on the fishing village? ‘3 Meals a Day Fishing Village Edition’ will be aired on 16th January next year.

Source: http://chinese.kpopstarz.com/

Filming ‘Three Meals A Day’ Was Hard Work For Jang Geun Suk But He Enjoyed It

Director Na Young Suk had different reasons for casting the actors he chose for his tvN show “Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village.” The show’s concept involves three actors having to prepare three meals a day using the ingredients they find in their natural environment. The original show “Three Meals – In Gangwon Province” starred Lee Seo Jin and 2PM’s Taecyeon. But as this spin-off was set in a fishing village, preparing a meal meant catching fish.

Na asked Cha Seung Won to participate because the actor is very knowledgeable about food.

He decided to cast Yoo Hae Jin, whom he worked with on “1 Night 2 Days.”

“He is someone who adapts very well to the wild environment and enjoys it,” said Na.

But then the director needed someone to do the hard work. So he approached Jang Geun Suk. And maybe he did not quite explain the concept.

“When I met Jang Geun Suk, I persuaded him by saying, ‘I’m planning on starting up a high quality cooking program. Would you like to join?’”

He did not explain he would have to catch his food.

16237896075_36d185c925_z.jpg

“Cha Seung Won ended up receiving all the attention for the major tasks and Jang Geun Suk did all the tedious chores next to him,” joked Na.

But Jang Geun Suk was up to the challenge.

“Every single day was hard,” he said.

Despite the difficult work, Jang enjoyed filming the show. It would have been hard, he said, if he had gone alone but he enjoyed working with Chae Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin.

“Because I was with the hyungs, I was able to enjoy it and felt like it was my home.”

The trailer for the reality show features them looking dirty and bedraggled. Since his fans might not expect to see him like that Jang Geun Suk joked that perhaps they should not to watch the show. Jang, who has been called “Prince of Asia” is usually beautifully dressed and carefully groomed for his drama roles.

The show was filmed on Manjaedo Island from Dec. 19 to 23, 2014. Filming not only involved hard and dirty work but the cast and crew were stranded on the island due to bad weather. Director Na Yong Suk and Cha Seung Won wanted to attend the screening of Lee Seung Gi’s film “Today’s Love,” but bad weather cancelled boat service to the mainland. Na worked with Lee Seung Gi on “1 Night 2 Days,” while Cha grew close to the actor after they worked together on the drama “You’re All Surrounded.”

“Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village” will premiere on Jan.

cre: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/67069/20150109/filming-three-meals-a-day-was-hard-work-says-jang-geun-suk.htm

January 12, 2015
Cha Seung Won reveals a new photo from London.Source: STARN News
Cha Seung Won revealed a new photo from London.
On January 12th, actor Cha Seung Won uploaded a photo on his Instagram and wrote, "#London bridge..... But, #ManjaeIsland #ThreeMealsEveryday."
Cha Seung Won left to London for a photo shoot recently, and the photo shows Cha Seung Won making a pose with the Tower Bridge behind him.
Cha Seung Won is showing a fabulous look in the photo, and many fans are showing huge anticipation for the upcoming 'Three Meals Everyday - Fishing.'
Meanwhile, channel tvN's 'Three Meals Everyday - Fishing' will premiere on January 16th at 9:45 PM..20150112094127_54b31836e7aff_1.jpg
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

.January 13, 2015
‘Three Meals a Day’ spawns spinoffReality show ‘Fishing Village’ has new cast and more rural setting.
BY JIN EUN-SOO [jes@joongang.co.kr] INSIDE KOREA JOONGANG DAILY

13073904.jpgFrom left: Jang Geun-seok, Yoo Hae-jin and Cha Seung-won appear in the spinoff version of “Three Meals a Day - Fishing Village,” which takes place on the distant island of Manjae. Provided by CJ Entertainment
Capitalizing on the popularity that celebrity reality TV show “Three Meals a Day” enjoyed last year, the producers of the show are aiming high for its spinoff “Fishing Village” to reach success.
Fueled by a brand-new cast, location and more intensive physical labor, the show will feature actors Cha Seung-won and Yoo Hae-jin. Yoo will replace Lee Seo-jin, who was at the helm of the show, while Hallyu star Jang Geun-seok will replace Ok Taec-yeon as the young blood in the cast who has to take care of trivial errands. 
“Three Meals a Day” is a variety show launched last year in which the main cast has to fix up three meals per day with the ingredient they harvest from the fields or the animals they tend to. 
It originally took place in a mountainous village in Jeongseon, Gangwon, but has moved to the seaside, deep inside an island called Manjae, which takes six hours to reach by ship. 
“Every day it was never-ending labor,” said Cha, 44, at a press conference held Friday in southern Seoul. “We woke up at 5:30 a.m. to dig up mussels with the villagers. That was the most memorable moment.”
The producer and other cast members agreed that the environment was harsher compared to the Jeongseon series.
“At least in Jeongseon we could go to a nearby town if we really needed to rest and were frequently visited by guests from Seoul,” said co-producer Na Yeong-seok. “But the island was completely isolated. The only entertainment was going to a market called Manjae, but most of the time it was closed.” 
Jang, who hasn’t participated in a variety show until “Fishing Village,” revealed that having his name called constantly was the “scariest” part.
“I never realized that being called on by my name was such a scary thing,” said Jang, explaining that Cha and Yoo persistently yelled for Jang whenever they needed help cooking or making fire. 
“Also, we become so ugly in the show that I want to tell my fans to avoid watching it,” laughed Jang, who was welcomed by dozens of domestic and international admirers at the press event.
“Fishing Village” will deliver better-looking cuisine, according to Na.
“In the spinoff, I wanted to present cooked food in a nicer way compared to the original version,” he explained. 
This is one of the reasons he cast Cha, Na said, who he knew has profound knowledge of food. 
“Viewers will be very surprised if they see the show,” Yoo said. 
“Geun-seok cooks well, too, but Seung-won’s cooking is up to the point where it is amazing.”
Jang, whose father and grandfather run their own fish farms, came in handy gutting fish. 
“I am more of an expert at freshwater fish, but fish from the sea are more difficult,” said Jang, who is often dubbed the “prince of Asia. “However, we ate some dishes like sashimi and maeuntang [fish stew], too.” 
“Three Meals a Day - Fishing Village” will air its first episode on cable channel tvN Friday at 9:45 p.m.

‘Three Meals A Day- Fishing Village’ Jang Geun Suk talks about hard island life

The production briefing for ‘Three Meals A Day’ was held at Imperial Palace Hotel in Non-hyun dong, Gang-nam gu, Seoul. Actors Cha Seung-won, Yoo Hae-jin, Jang Geun Suk, and Producer Na Yeong-seok, Shin Hyo-jung participated in the briefing.

‘Three Meals A Day’ is a spin-off from the previous program where actor Lee Seo-jin and Singer Taek-yeon of 2PM starred. This time, actors Cha Seung-won, Yoo Hae-jin and Jang Geun-suk were cast. They have to make and cook three meals a day all by themselves from getting food ingredients to cooking, and of course, eating, and cleaning up.

Shooting took place in Man-jae do, an island that is 6 hours from Jeollanam-do Province. The cast had to be self-sufficient.

“I thought it was a cooking program, and I said I’d do it. But it was not! I was taken in by a scam.” Jang Geun-suk said, making everyone burst in laughter.

16236977421_05f6b9910a_o.jpg

The fact that Jang Geun-suk is doing an reality program is drawing high attention.

About his island life, he said, “I thought there would be an abundance of food on the island. But it was not so easy as it seemed. Fishing was hard. Digging mussels with female divers was also hard.”

“It was so touch that whenever someone called my name, I just wanted to ignore it. My seniors Cha Seung-won and Yoo Hae-jin called out my name a lot for help, and it was tough answering to each one of them. Jang added.

Jang also mentioned that his face gets puffy in the morning, and he drinks milk to avoid it. “I took milk to the island, and the staffs took my milk away. They went too far.” He made the audience laugh.

‘Three Meals A Day – In a Fishing Village’ is a 10-hour miniseries and will air starting from 16th January, 9:45 p.m Korean Time.

Source: http://www.getitk.com/spot-삼시세끼-어촌편-장근석/?lang=en

Trials, tribulations, and tuxes for Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village

The newest installment of Three Meals a Day, the cooking-reality-suffering show produced by PD Na Young-seok, is premiering next week, which called for a press conference on the afternoon of January 9. This series is titled Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village, and inexplicably, Na PD’s three newest victims showed up wearing formal tuxes, which is hilariously random—surely done to mock the show’s very low-tech, high-suffering concept of sending stars to a remote island and making them feed themselves, right?

The original program was a surprise hit (well, not a surprise in that Na PD has the Midas touch, but a surprise in that it was so low-concept that its cast was insistent that it would flop), and while struggling to feed oneself was one of the premises, I don’t really think that was the focus. Shot on a farm and featuring a rotating roster of guests, the cast did have to cook, but had a lot of ingredients ready on hand, so the suffering was more of the grumbling-good-natured variety. This time is different, with Cha Seung-won, Yoo Hae-jin, and Jang Geun-seok having been shipped off to a remote fishing village on a tiny island, and from the sounds of it, the suffering is in full force.

Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village will be 10 episodes, and airs on tvN on Fridays beginning January 16.

16055427799_1feb1ccfe9_o.jpg

Na PD: “After casting Cha Seung-won and Yoo Hae-jin, we needed a slave laborer. There was bound to be a lot of things needing to be done, and we got in touch with Jang Geun-seok. I told him we were making a high-class cooking program and asked if he wanted to do it, and he readily agreed.”

Jang Geun-seok: “I was definitely told it was a paradise with lots of things to eat. And there were things in abundance, but it’s that we couldn’t catch them. I felt like I’d been scammed.”

Cha Seung-won: “Compared to the original Three Meals a Day, we didn’t have a lot of things. There was only one market there but it didn’t have some items, so we had to fend for ourselves.”

Na PD: “The three of them worked like animals.”

Jang Geun-seok: “Since I was told it was a cooking program, I wanted to be impressive with my cooking, but all I did was peel garlic and carry pepper powder and do assistant work. In the end I just did what I was told.”

15619142184_c95f6c6f04_z.jpg

PD Shin Hyo-jung: “Once casting was complete, I was really shocked by them. It was like Cha Seung-won lived in the kitchen, and Yoo Hae-jin was a citizen of Manjaedo. Jang Geun-seok became ‘Manjaedo’s Prince.’ Female viewers may enjoy the broadcast, but they may also be disappointed—you’ll see a completely different side to the three of them.”

Jang Geun-seok: “My face bloats really easily, so I took milk with me. But when Na PD saw the milk, he just said ‘Are you kidding me?’ and confiscated it. It came as such a shock.”

Yoo Hae-jin: “When you see Cha Seung-won-sshi cooking on television, you’ll be shocked. It’s on a different level than the original show. Every meal was delicious, enough that viewers will be surprised.”

PD Shin Hyo-jung: “[Cha Seung-won] worked really hard, and because he’s particularly good at cooking, he was nicknamed Chajumma. He didn’t leave the kitchen.” (Can we pause to appreciate the simple beauty of CHAJUMMA?)

16239702411_2e818cbc9e_o.jpg

Cha Seung-won: “There were a lot of dishes that the producers requested. We didn’t even have the ingredients but they kept pushing us to make them, so from the cook’s perspective it was really annoying. Even so, I wanted to find a way to do it and win, and I’d end up taking out my annoyance out on Yoo Hae-jin.”

Yoo Hae-jin: “Cha Seung-won cooks really well. But if things don’t go the way he intends, he’s the type to harass other people. You know how you fry seaweed when you make seaweed soup? I felt like his seaweed being fried. While filming, sometimes I’d be annoyed at him but then as soon as it was time to eat, those feelings would go away.”

Jang Geun-seok, on the trials of being the maknae: “It was hardest whenever my name was called. Whenever the hyungs would call out, ‘Geun-seok-ah,’ hardship would follow. I became newly aware that my name was Jang Geun-seok while we were there.”

Cha Seung-won: “Because Geun-seokie was there, we were able to eat tasty food. He said he felt afraid whenever someone called his name, but he would do any errand whether it was fetching vegetables or other ingredients, and sometimes he’d have them prepared in advance. So he got the title ‘Jang Chef.’”

Cha Seung-won: “Every single day was difficult. On location, Na Young-seok PD was especially irritating. Even though I’d never fished before and the weather was bad and there were a lot of struggles, he just kept demanding things.”

Source: dramabeans.com

i seriously cannot wait for this =)))) i've always had a soft spot for JGS ever since I first watched DoReMi movie but got disappointed after he has chosen roles. The truth was, he got really boring and lost his spark but watching the trailers, I can say, 'okay, JGSK, i think let's have a second chance' kkk =)) he looks so GEUKDERELLA? Kkkk~  can't wait and yes my ajusshi-love is back <3 

I loved that JGS took this opportunity. I think this will actually revived his lackluster popularity in Korea, he deserves to be known and loved again despite him being a bit on the eccentric side. Hahaha! :D
Oh. And I love Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin. 3 totally different individuals tricked by the sly and nasty NA PD. Give me more, SHOW! :)) :)) :)) I think that this will be a lot interesting than the first edition. I'm hopin' for it. 

i am really anticipating for this show but the current news mentioned that JGS stepped down from the show. this show also will broadcast one week late from the actualdoes this mean that all part that JGS filmed so far will be cut off or what? 

Super sad to hear about that latest update on JGS. I was looking forward to this show because of the whole cast but more specially because I'm curious about his skills sa fisherman's son. Hate to see them do a chop-chop of his parts like they did for MC Mong's last episode on 1N2D. Not sure how they can do a seamless broadcast with the recent change.

Archived