Episodes: 16

Director:
Choi Byeong-Gil (Ashbun)
Writer: Park Kyung soo
Release date: 18 March 2015- 7 May 2015
Runtime:
Wednesdays & Thursdays 21:55
 (
time slot previously occupied by "Kill Me, Heal Me".)

Plot

Jo Kang Hee was once a legendary badass in her teenage days—and as a Busan girl, she would have been extra rough-and-tumble. Daughter to a sashimi-restaurant-owner mother who loves to swear and a father with a rap sheet for fighting, Kang Hee inherits her parents’ penchant for cursing, quick temper, and sashimi knife skills.

As a young mother, she is the kind of person who prefers dramas to news or current events. But when she finds out that her daughter, Oh Ah Ran, is being victimized by bullies at school, she decides to do something about it directly, and what ensues is a positive, upbeat, and poignant” story that seeks to highlight trouble spots in South Korea’s educational system. --Dramabeans

Cast

tumblr_nkwiq0g92r1sdd1ivo1_r1_540.png

Kim Hee-sun as Jo Gang-Hee
Ji Hyun-woo as Park No-A
Kim Yoo Jung ah Oh Ah Ran
Oh Yoon-ah as Joo Ae-Yeon
Lizzy as Wang Jung Hee
Ji Soo as Go Bok Dong
Baro as Hong Sang-Tae
Yoon Ye Joo as Jin Yi Kyung
Lim Hyung-Joon as Oh Jin-sang
Park Keun-Hyeong as Kang Soo-Chan
Kim Hee-Won as Ahn Dong Chil
Park Young-Gyu as Hong Sang Bok
Lim Hyung-Joon as Oh Jin Sang (Kang Ja’s husband)
Kim Ji-Young as Madam Oh (Kang Ja’s mother-in-law)
Jeon Kuk-Hwan - Park Jin-Ho (No-A's father)
Kim Tae-hoon  as Do Jung Woo
Park Hee Jin   as
Go Su-hee  as Han Gong Joo
Seo Ji Hee as

Official Site

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTIONDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Yoo-jung to fight back against bullies in Angry Mom by javabeans | December 16, 2014 | 44 Comments

kimyoojung_49.jpgkimyoojung_49a.jpg

Kim Yoo-jung looks to be heading to MBC for her next project, with the announcement that she’s in talks to join upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama Angry Mom. The drama and the role sound really cute, so I look forward to seeing what comes of it: The story is about a thirtysomething mother who normally doesn’t care about current events, who sees her daughter being bullied, and decides to go back to high school to deal with the matter.Full article: Dramabeans

More casting news...
Kim Hee-sun confirms Angry Mom, Lizzy up to play chief bullyby javabeans | January 14, 2015

kimheesun_65.jpg

Casting continues on MBC’s Angry Mom, which first cast Kim Yoo-jung (Secret Door, Gold Rainbow) to play a teenager who gets bullied at school. Kim Hee-sun (Wonderful Season, Faith) was then courted to play the role of her mother, who decides to go back to high school as an undercover student to help her daughter, and has now confirmed taking the project.

Read more...

Cr. Dramabeans

@larus: This drama sounds really good on paper. It may be a sleeper hit which I think he needs after Trot Lovers. I think most of his fans hope he'll sign on, but looking at the comments about the casting (Knetz) ... I won't say it's negative, but people don't seem think that the pairing is anything to shout about I guess.

Guest chajoowon

I hope Ji Hyun Woo takes this drama because Trot Lovers was waste of his romantic lead talents.  KHS is really good with chemistry with her leads.   JHW has also shown he is good in noona romance shows.
I hope this becomes good as a fan of Ji Hyun Woo and KHS was really good in Faith.

anopinion said: @larus: This drama sounds really good on paper. It may be a sleeper hit which I think he needs after Trot Lovers. I think most of his fans hope he'll sign on, but looking at the comments about the casting (Knetz) ... I won't say it's negative, but people don't seem think that the pairing is anything to shout about I guess.

larus said: anopinion said: @larus: This drama sounds really good on paper. It may be a sleeper hit which I think he needs after Trot Lovers. I think most of his fans hope he'll sign on, but looking at the comments about the casting (Knetz) ... I won't say it's negative, but people don't seem think that the pairing is anything to shout about I guess.

Actor Ji Hyun Woo in talks to star in upcoming MBC drama, “Angry Mom”

Via ohupic 2 hours agoActor Ji Hyun Woo in talks to star in upcoming MBC drama,

According to representatives of MBC, actor Ji Hyun Woo is currently in talks to star in the upcoming MBC drama “Angry Mom“.

Although it has yet to be confirmed, the actor is currently in contact with the producers and is considering his appearance. If confirmed, Ji Hyun Woo is to take on the romantic interest of actress Kim Hee Sun

Meanwhile, talented actresses such as Kim Yoo Jung and Kim Hee Sun have already confirmed their appearance in the drama, garnering much interest. Kim Yoo Jung has been reported to be taking on the part of Kim Hee Sun”s daughter who gets bullied for standing up for an outcast. 

What do you think of Ji Hyun Woo and Kim Hee Sun as an onscreen couple?

anopinion said: The casting is not confirmed yet; she's still reviewing the offer (positively). Usually that means that she'll take up the role. I don't think the article says anything about her character. I'd imagine that she'll be playing KHS's high school schoolmate, either her co-bully or the victim. The latter is more plausible.
EDIT: Just in case I wasn't very clear, I meant KHS's high school schoolmate back in the days. If they want to make this makjang, they can probably make Lizzy her daughter. Just kidding :))

More news about Oh Yoon-ah`s character. Her character is more interesting than I thought.

According to Dramabeans
News bites: January 24, 2015 by awcoconuts | January 24, 2015 | 12 Comments
Oh Yoon-ah (You’re All Surrounded) is close to accepting an offer to appear as the friend and former high school classmate of Kim Hee-sun (Wonderful Season) in MBC’s upcoming Wednesday–Thursday drama Angry Mom. She’ll serve as the personal assistant to Chairman Hong and his secret mistress. A chameleon who changes personalities depending on whom she speaks with, Oh’s character will face an internal struggle as she wavers between friendship and honor. Angry Mom follows Kill Me, Heal Me in March. [Osen]

@larus:
I find it so funny that the reports just say that she is "the personal assistant to Chairman Hong and his secret mistress" like we are supposed to know who Chairman Hong is. Lol. And this line is actually a little ambiguous, because it may mean that she's the personal assistant to both the chairman and his mistress or she is both the chairman's secretary as well as his mistress. Anyway, this means that she's not Lizzy's mother. Phew!

anopinion said: @larus:
I find it so funny that the reports just say that she is "the personal assistant to Chairman Hong and his secret mistress" like we are supposed to know who Chairman Hong is. Lol. And this line is actually a little ambiguous, because it may mean that she's the personal assistant to both the chairman and his mistress or she is both the chairman's secretary as well as his mistress. Anyway, this means that she's not Lizzy's mother. Phew!

Archived