Acne Treatment

Guest sk8terboi

Guest sk8terboi

I'll be visiting Korea next month and I would really like to get my acne treated. Is there a place to go where I can get treatment? Is it surgery or like medical ointments that people use? I see some celebrities who suffered with acne who now have clear skin with few acne scars. Even Sam from K-pop Star got rid of his acne. Any ideas?

So jealous! Have fun for me!! 
I know there are a lot of spa like places in Korea that offer expensive facial treatments etc, but as I've never been there personally i unfortunately do not know the names.
As far as products go... Korean cosmetics are amazing! I just ordered some from Sasa that I'm hoping will really help me out. You can check out Sasa.com and do some window shopping before your trip to see if you find anything that might help you.
Best of luck!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rogerpamela

I always had a fascination of tying out exotic treatments for my acne and at times some of them paid off well. Very recently I got hold of the Problematik Skin Mask from Sakare and since using it my face has been largely free from acne. I typically use it once every week and the results I have been getting has encouraged me to try out more of their products. Even my boyfriend seems to appreciate the difference in my face and I can definitely recommend Sakare to anyone looking to pamper their skin

Guest jmh3301

I used to have acne as well until I got to Korea, use a moisturizer that suits your skintype. I wash my face two time with cleanser, since I wear make up ^.^ you can go to skin clinic's if you are in Korea like Oracle clinic.

much of Korean skin treatment has roots from hanyak = oriental medicine and acupuncture etc.
this is because the beautification medical field is too new, with dematology being new and plastic surgery being both rare (even in korea it is not super common) and brand new. 
however traditional medicine addressed skin problems for thousands of years. as well as reasons for weight gain etc. etc. where as western medicine normally has only been interested in virus and bacteria based sickness as well as physical obstruction (surgery) which it is very good at doing, but there is a reason why for many other things people still travel to Asia.
many korean products are mainly extracts of traditionally used herbs and put into lotion of cleanser form.
in the end my suggestion reguardless of what you do is to avoid alcohol, limit orgasm to every other day but at least once every 2 weeks, keep your feet warm, work up a sweat every once in a while with no make up on, and when you do apply make up, splash your face with cold water before you do so (as cold as possible).

• 1 month later...
Guest vaterver_stv

I'll be visiting Korea next month and I would really like to get my acne treated. Is there a place to go where I can get treatment? Is it surgery or like medical ointments that people use? I see some celebrities who suffered with acne who now have clear skin with few acne scars. Even Sam from K-pop Star got rid of his acne. Any ideas?

did you go to some in the end?

Guest Covercommentplease

Hi @sk8terboi!

Here is a list of the different types of laser treatments that exist:
http://www.skinacea.com/facials/lasers/types.html#.VQakUmTF9Q0

I would recommend the erbium, I did it 3 times in the past and my acne scars/crateholes disappeared. This one is less harsher than the CO2 one but less expensive. But then again the treatment is still quite pricey I think I paid around $350 for one time treatment, but the results after the second was really great so I thought it was worth it. Oh and it's a little painful on the day off if you are the type that can't stand pain and it takes around 1-2 weeks to fully heal.

Guest kathleenwilliams_stv

Lasers and other light therapies are there to cure acne. Your dermatologist will decide which type of acne do you have, and will treat your acne accordingly. He can also perform a procedure called “drainage and extraction” to remove a large acne cyst. This procedure helps when the cyst does not respond to medicine. So you can go with these two treatment. One natural method to get rid of acne and acne scars is to use olive leaf extract, but it is also used under medical supervision.

Archived