How often do you guys text your GF or BF?

Guest missingoutinlife1980

hey guys. So I have begun my relaltionship with a girl whom found interest in me, and I really like her too. We have been meeting up on dates, going out to dinner, going paddle boarding together, playing at the arcades together for two months.

"Finally" on my 3rd date, is when she was the one to initiated the hug after we parted ways for the night. Ah, I guess I am learning a big about hugs and holding hands (if you guys recall my "when do you hold hands?" thread). So from that date onward, we have been hugging and recently, pecking a kiss with each other when we meet up.

The big question I have is, how often am I supposed to send her a text message? Every night?  Since it was the holidays, I sent her a "Merry Christmas" text message. Which she did respond and greeted me back.

But I don't know. I feel awkward coming home, and asking her the same question via text, "oh, how was your day XXX ?"

Doesn't it get boring after a while? I don't want to keep bombarding her with text message where she will feel like I am constantly on her case.

Let me know.

I am talking to someone and we literally exchanges text everydaysometimes more often than the other it really depends on our schedule a simple "hello, how was your day?" "have you eaten yet?" 
"i miss you!" "cannot wait to see you --" is just as good as constantly texting the other person.

Basically everyday, since she lived overseas to me (or vice versa) although she'll be moving in with me soon so that's going to be kinda moot XD
We've moved beyond the "hi how was your day today?" kinda of thing to just diving right into saying something without the preamble. It's kinda refreshing actually. The trite "how was your day" didn't really lead anywhere so we just say whatever is on our minds.

Awesome guys. Thanks for the feedback and advices on texting your significant other. Gah! I guess I should be sending her a text message more often. I hope she didn't get turned off for sporadic messages.

missingoutinlife1980 said: Awesome guys. Thanks for the feedback and advices on texting your significant other. Gah! I guess I should be sending her a text message more often. I hope she didn't get turned off for sporadic messages.

What @MiDnite89‌ said.

I text my boyfriend whenever I feel like it, even if it's 5-10 messages in a row. If something happens at work or I just feel like messaging him, I will. There's no sense of bombardment since we both know each others feelings.

I'm on vacation in Cuba and there's barely any WiFi, so I ended up spending 30 dollars on WiFi cards to talk to him. It's REALLY weird and sad not talking to him throughout every day...But I've basically survived and will be texting him non-stop when I get back home lol

Archived