[Drama 2015] Heard It Through the Grapevine 풍문으로 들었소

Go Seung Ji

soompitv-forum-banner_blue.jpg

Heard it as a Rumor / Heard It Through the Grapevine

• Drama: Heard It As a Rumor (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Poongmooneuro Deuleotso
  • Hangul: 풍문으로 들었소
  • Also known as: Heard It Through the Grapevine
  • Previously known as: War of Brilliant Minds
  • Genre: Family, drama, romance, black comedy
  • Network: SBS
  • Episodes: 30
  • Broadcast Period: 2015-Feb-23 to 2015-Jun-02
  • Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 21:55
  • Director: An Pan-Seok
  • Writer: Jung Sung-Joo

Plot

This is a black-comedy drama depicting a prestigious family whose lives are suddenly shaken because of a rumor about their teenage son impregnating his schoolmate.

Choi Yun Hee and Han Jung Ho are a wealthy couple from a prestigious family. Their reputation suddenly turned upside down because of their son's relationship with an ordinary girl. The girl, Seo Bom, determined to endure the humiliation and isolation from the family for the sake of her child's future while the son, Han In Sang, struggles between his love for Seo Bom and his family's high expectation.

Notes

• "Heard It As a Rumor" took over the SBS Monday & Tuesday 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Punch".
  • First script reading took place January 16, 2015 at SBS Studio in Tanhyun, Ilsan, South Korea.

Main Cast

Yoo Jun-sang as Han Jeong-ho (47)
The patriarch of Han family, a prestigious and wealthy family which for generations produce many highly respected and successful lawyers, well-known for influences many of South Korea's politic and economy decisions. Han Jeong-ho is a strict and perfectionist man.

Yoo Ho-jeong as Choi Yeon-hee (45) Han Jeong Ho's beautiful and elegant socialite wife. She is an intelligent woman, but never says anything despite secretly knows about her son's uncomfortable burden and pressure to live up to his family's expectations.
Lee Joon as Han In-sang (18)The son of Han Jeong-ho and Choi Yeon-hee. He always receives the best educations and treatments. On the surface he seems like a perfect boy, but he actually feels pressured by his family and peers. Even though Seo-bom told him not to meet her again, his love for her made him broke his promise.
Go Ah-sung as Seo-bom (18)
A second daughter from an ordinary family living in a poor neighboorhood. She is determined to have a better future, therefore she is striving hard in her study. Smart, popular, and well-spoken, she was chosen to attend a prestigious English camp, where she met and fall in love with Han In-sang.

Additional Cast:

Jang Hyun-Sung - Seo Hyeong-Sik

Yoon Bok-In - Kim Jin-Ae

Kong Seung-Yeon - Seo Noo-Ri (Seo Bom's older sister)

Kil Hae-Yeon - Secretary Yang

Jang So-Yeon - Min Joo-Young

Park Jin-Young - Baek Dae-Hyun

Lee Hwa-Ryong - Kim Tae-Woo (Jung-Ho's secretary)

Seo Jung-Yeon - Lee Sun-Sook (Yeon-Hee's secretary)

Jeon Suk-Chan - Seo Chul-Sik (Seo Bom's uncle)

Kim Hak-Sun - butler

Kim Jung-Young - Jung-Soon

Baek Ji-Yeon - Ji Young-Ra (Yeon-Hee's rival)

Jang Ho-Il - Song Jae-Won

Jung Ga-Ram - Sung Min-Jae

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTIONDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Joon Offered a Role in Upcoming Dramakokoberry January 2, 2015
leejoon.jpg

Lee Joon is in talk concerning his casting in upcoming SBS Monday-Tuesday drama “I Heard a Rumor” (working title).

SBS officials have commented, “We are currently discussing Lee Joon appearing in the new drama. Nothing has been confirmed yet.”

“I Heard a Rumor” will be centered on a wealthy family’s teenage son who causes an unplanned pregnancy which results in the family gaining a plain daughter-in-law and other troubles. Lee Joon has received an offer for the role of the main character which will be the teenage son.

Having recently acted in the MBC drama “Mister Baek,” Lee Joon would certainly be solidifying his status as an actor if he were to accept this offer.

Meanwhile, actress  Yoo Ho Jung has been confirmed as the mother in “I Heard a Rumor” which will air in February after “Punch” ends.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/01/02/lee-joon-offered-a-role-in-upcoming-drama/

OK, it is an interesting subject. I`ll keep my eyes on this drama. I followed the news about an upcoming SBS drama (in March, after Punch) that reunites PD Ahn Pan-seok and writer Jung Sung-joo with the actress Kim Hee Ae. The drama was supposed to be named War of Brilliant Minds. Now, I think they changed the name of the drama and there is another actress in the titular role. But, I am confused. Somebody should clear this because there is a thread on Soompi for a drama with that name. There`re two different shows?

jadecloud said:Yes, I'm confused too. I started the other thread with KHA having the lead role as was announced. But looks like "War of the Brilliant Minds' is now renamed as 'Heard it as a rumor'? Since PDnim and writernim are the same, and time slot remains as after 'Punch'.
So I should delete the other thread, right? Can someone clarify? 
So sad that KHA is no longer involved in the project. Is it confirmed that KHA is out? Anyway, I also like the initial title better.

Lee Joon to possibly act in new SBS drama 'I Heard a Rumor' after finding a new agency

January 2, 2015 @ 2:13 pm
B6XhM6cCAAAoFXA.jpg

Lee Joon is busy, busy, busy as an actor as he may take part in yet another drama!

A rep from SBS disclosed to Newsen on January 2 that, while nothing has been confirmed, Lee Joon was up for talks to act in new Monday-Tuesday drama, 'I Heard a Rumor.'

The rep stated, "It's true that we offered Lee Joon a role in 'I Heard a Rumor.'  However, he is not yet confirmed.  Currently, Lee Joon is not signed under an agency, so he plans to give us a definite answer after he finds an agency."

The drama is a comedy created by writer Jung Sung Joo and producer Ahn Pan Suk of 'Love Affair.'  Actress Yoo Ho Jung has so far been confirmed to play female lead, Choi Yeon Hee.  Lee Joon was revealed to have been given the part of Choi Yeon Hee's son within the drama.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/01/lee-joon-to-possibly-act-in-new-sbs-drama-i-heard-a-rumor-after-finding-a-new-agency

Lee Joon and Ko Ah-seong considered for roles in SBS new drama 'Heard it as a Rumor'

photo545977.jpg

Many actors and actresses are considered for roles in SBS new drama, 'Heard it as a rumor'.

The first cast confirmation done is from Yoo Ho-jeong. Since Kim Hee-ae backed out of the casting, it has been drawing attention on who the lead will be. She said "I decided to accept the offer because I trust the director and the writer as well as I am attracted to the character I have never played before".

Yoo Joon-sangLee Joon and Ko Ah-seong have been offered roles but they are still considering. Yoo Joon-sang's agency said he is positively considering but it is too early to confirm the casting. He will have to start with the musical 'Robin Hood' right after the completion of his current musical appearance in 'Those days'".

Lee Joon's situation is a little more complex than Yoo Joon-sang's. Source from SBS confirmed it is true that they have offered the role to Lee Joon, however they are still waiting for an answer from him. According to them, "Lee Joon doesn't have an agency yet, therefore it's more urgent for him to find an agency first".

It is the similar situation for Ko Ah-seong. There is a rumor many actresses have been considered for the role offered. A source from SBS said "Ko Ah-seong is one of the actresses who are being considered for the role. We are not in the position yet to confirm whether or not she would take on the role".

'Heard it as a rumor' is about a teenager son from an affluent family, who had a child with a girl at the same age, and his parents who try to cope with the situation while exaggerated rumor spreads out. The drama is a collaboration of writer Jeong Seong-joo and director Ahn Pan-seok of 'Secrret Love Affair' and will air sometime in February taking over the air time of "Punch"..

Source : osen.mt.co.kr/article...

http://www.hancinema.net/lee-joon-and-ko-ah-seong-considered-for-roles-in-sbs-new-drama-heard-it-as-a-rumor--77159.html

@h3rancho,  Thanks for starting the thread.. @Jadecloud I see you here,, This drama sounds interesting and Lee Joon done so and amazing job in Mr.Back he's being offered another project already kudos to him..  So what we are looking at 16 to 20 episodes they nit stating how many episodes it will be.. 

DRAMA CASTING & NEWSLee Joon, Go Ah-sung tackle teen pregnancy in new dramaby girlfriday | January 3, 2015 | No Comments

LeeJoon_GoAhSung1.jpg

After losing leading actress Kim Hee-ae and undergoing some story changes, the team behind Secret Love Affair and A Wife’s Credentials is back on track with their new drama I Heard it Through the Grapevine, which is headed to SBS this February......

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/01/lee-joon-go-ah-sung-tackle-teen-pregnancy-in-new-drama/

Well this sounds intresting and without of doubt the power of the rumors and how those escalates...curious what genre this will be...i'll be watching this for sure :D
i see Joon is doing quite good bulding his actor career...hope after this he will try a character that isn't a chaebol as well

Miky88 said: Well this sounds intresting and without of doubt the power of the rumors and how those escalates...curious what genre this will be...i'll be watching this for sure :D
i see Joon is doing quite good bulding his actor career...hope after this he will try a character that isn't a chaebol as well

@h3rancho, thank you for starting the thread and for all the info.

@jadecloud,   :-h
I think rather than deleting the other thread, a moderator can help you to combine the two threads, if you wish to do so.

@larus, hi...  :-h
Thank you for the info. I wonder why they changed it this way, from past to present.

Either way, the story does sound interesting, and if Lee Joon does sign up for it, I am in...

@Valsava hi...   :-h
yes.. teenage pregnancy and single motherhood.  Seems like Kdrama subjects come in waves.....
:D

Heard It Through the Grapevine
Details
Title: 풍문으로 들었소 / Poongmooneuro Deuleoss-so
Also known as: Heard It as a Rumor
Previously known as: War of Brilliant Minds
Genre: Family, drama, romance, black comedy
Episodes: 32
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2015-Feb-23 to 2015-???-??
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 22:00
Original Soundtrack: Heard It Through the Grapevine OST

Cast
- Yoo Ho Jung as Choi Yun Hee
- Lee Joon as Han In Sang
- Go Ah Sung as Seo Bom

Synopsis

This is a black-comedy drama depicting a prestigious family whose lives are suddenly shaken because of a rumor about their teenage son impregnating his schoolmate.

Choi Yun Hee and Han Jung Ho are a wealthy couple from a prestigious family. Their reputation suddenly turned upside down because of their son's relationship with an ordinary girl. The girl, Seo Bom, determined to endure the humiliation and isolation from the family for the sake of her child's future while the son, Han In Sang, struggles between his love for Seo Bom and his family's high expectation. (via: 
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Heard_It_Through_the_Grapevine )

Hello every one!!! first post to this thread.
Love t to hear Go Ah Sung confirmed the drama. I watch most of her project and looking forward to heard it as a rumour. Somehow, GAS always play good in semi mellow character. 
Curious how the character she will play in this drama  :)>-

According to this article, the cast are confirmed

'Hearsay', Lee Joon-Ho-jeong Yu-Jun-Sang Yu confirmed ..15 Go Ah-sung appeared first shooting day

SBS  new drama "I heard a rumor" (a play director Jung Sung-ju Ahn Pan-seok) has confirmed the main cast and the rush to build the first shot.

9 days, according to bangsongga "I heard a rumor, Jun-Sang Yu was being discussed, including recent appearances have Ho-jeong Yu, Lee Joon, has confirmed the cast of Go Ah-sung. Accordingly, embarked on the 15-day final preparations before shooting the first shot.

One official said, "but yet you do not create a contract, an actor, a shot was agreed to," and "The rush to shoot from 15 days," he told him.

"I heard a rumor 'is  SBS  'qualifications wife'  JTBC  gained great popularity with 'tryst' Ahn Pan-seok  PD is the work of gathering the attention reunion, Jung Sung-ju writer. Teenage son of the royal family, the family is getting the kids hit the incident, the woman of the house is planned to hold an ordinary conflict and confusion experienced by coming to the daughter-in-law.

Royal Family was born to the couple elite and Ho-jeong Yu Jun-Sang Yu, spoiled a teenage son and daughter-in-law is equally broken starring Lee Joon and Go Ah-sung this.

On the other hand, I've heard a rumor 'is broadcast in February comes to' punch 'successor.

@Go Seung Ji,  I took the liberty and translated with google hope you don't mind

Archived