Acne? Diet?

Rip Tide

Guest gisellaaa

I find that cutting out any sugary drinks really helped a lot. Nowadays I only drink water and unsweetened green tea (not even 'juices' because most store-bought juices contains a lot of high fructose corn syrup). I try to drink at least 6 glasses of water per day (I usually aim for 8 or more). I think eating healthier definitely helps, along with sleeping properly too. Just my experience though. 

For me, when I was studying in Korea 6 years ago, when I first arrived my acne was extremely bad, all across my forehead and cheeks. While in Korea I rarely drank soft drinks, which in America I had on a daily basis. I drunk more tea and water and also since I didn't eat as much fast foods I noticed my skin starting to get clearer, in fact 6 months after changing my habits my skin became acne free.

Guest thingsdontmatter

I think food helps only to some extent... It's more of having enough sleep and water.

I think lack of sleep disrupts hormones which causes acne?

Guest GoKeMoN

We are all different and have different reactions to foods so the only way you will know what is a problem for you is to experiment with your diet. I also suffer from acne as an adult so I have been experimenting over the last year. Although I havent reached my goal, I am starting to get an idea of the foods I should avoid....

Guest redbean

I've had a lot of acne for most of my life :/ It's a lot clearer now. For me, getting enough sleep and reducing stress is the key to being pimple-free! I also eat organic vegetables, take pills & supplements, as well as using a face mask every night :)

• 2 weeks later...

I too have acne in my face two years back, then i started to focus on having proper sleep (max 7 hours) at night and having fresh juice thrice in a week.Intake of  Proper fresh fruits + Good sleep will surely reduce the acne issues!

Guest AnnaAusten

There are some home remedies which you can follow to get rid of acne scars problems. You can apply ice on face which tighten the pores and reduces appearance of acne scars. Apply paste of sandalwood and rosewater on the scars. Keep it overnight and wash it next day in the morning.  Massage Olive oil on face, it will moisturize your skin and fade away acne scars. Consume healthy balanced diet which should consist of plenty of vegetables and fruits. Also get sufficient sleep. You can also use Supatret 0.04% gel to remove acne scars. So buy Supatret gel online to diminish acne scars.

Guest kbuyannemekh_at_gmail.com_stv

Rather than a quick diet, change up your lifestyle a little bit. Routinely wash your face (morning, after going out, before bed) and yes cut back on sugars (chocolate is your enemy!) drink lots of H2O. I'm not sure if wheat causes acne but it doesnt seem to affect my skin. If its really bad, dab a little benzoyl peroxide on your pimples/red spots.

Guest orchidlover

Can you provide more information?  Like how old are you, what have you tried, etc.  The reason is because I have severe acne all these years and I can tell you the whole story of how I don't believe diet affect acne that much.

Guest rogerpamela

I always had a fascination of tying out exotic treatments for my acne and at times some of them paid off well. Very recently I got hold of the Problematik Skin Mask from Sakare and since using it my face has been largely free from acne. I typically use it once every week and the results I have been getting has encouraged me to try out more of their products. Even my boyfriend seems to appreciate the difference in my face and I can definitely recommend Sakare to anyone looking to pamper their skin

avoid anger (emotional conditions that generally increase blood pressure, even if your BP is not high when they test you)avoid alcohol, limit orgasm to every other day, but do not put off for over 2 weeks (3 days - 1 week if you are under 25), keep feet warm,avoid spicy food. 
avoiding sugar is good almost no matter what (almost) but if you feel distention after eating, hear your stomach grumbling somewhat more often than others do, and find you do not enjoy the subtle flavors of healthier foods (need strong flavor such as sugar to satisfy your palate) than avoid sugar definitely. 
proper biorhythm is important, be sure to sleep by 11pm and be awake by 6 or 7. 

Guest luxbunni

What I've done that gave me results:
Exercise and make sure you sweat (5 times a week at). For me as long as I keep this up I always had clear skin even if i didn't get enough sleep, ate mcdonalds, drink sugary drinks...etc. I was doing high intensity routines such as the 30 day shred. Maybe a pimple or two during period time.
Low Carb High Fat Diet (ketosis). Clear skin even with bad sleep and no exercise and throughout the month around period time. 
High Carb Low Fat Diet + Exercise. Results are in between the previous two methods I've tired.
For me the LCHF diet is easiest to maintain for a long time. If you are looking for a diet you can eat for year  I feel like as long as you eat healthy (real food without too many added ingredients, grass fed meat and dairy products) + moderate high intensity exercise (2-3 days a week at least?) you should be good with acne/pimples.
After trying various diets and exercising routines I realized having acne, etc is not natural. For example, puberty is not the root cause of pimples and acne, the food you eat is. Maybe puberty has nothing to do with it at all...
Sorry for the long unorganized post... just writing down my thoughts as they come :)
Also...Food is super important!!! Because it will affect your sleep and mood and probably many other aspects that will in turn cause acne and other health problems. So I personally believe the stuff we put inside our body is the root cause!

Archived