[Drama 2015] Flower of the Queen 여왕의 꽃

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

Flower of the Queen 여왕의 꽃
queens-flower-03.jpg

Drama : Flower of the QueenHangul | Romanization : 여왕의 꽃 | Yeowangoui KkotPreviously known as : Equator's Flower, Flower of the EquatorGenre : MelodramaEpisodes : 50Broadcast Network : MBCBroadcast Period :  March 14, 2015 ~Air Time: Saturdays & Sundays 21:45Preceded By : The Legendary WitchDirector : Lee Dae Young, Kim Min SikWriter : Park Hyeon-Ju (Wonderful Mama) Producer : Park Sung EunProduction Company : GnG Production, Kimjonghak Production Official Web : Website | Fancafe 

queens-flower-poster-02.jpg

PLOTRena Jung (Kim Sung-Ryoung) is a beautiful, but ambitious star chef who hosts her own cooking show. Her husband, Park Min-Joon (Lee Jong-Hyuk), is the first son of a family that runs a large company. Their relationship is not so good, but they try to show other people they are still in love.In the past, Rena Jung abandoned her daughter for a chance at success. Now, her daughter, Kang Yi-Sol (Lee Sung-Kyung) appears in front of her. Kang Yi-Sol resents her mother for abandoning her.Park Jae-Joon (Yoon Park) is the husband's younger brother. He is popular with women, but he is attracted to Kang Yi-Sol. 

CAST- Kim Sung Ryoung as Rena Jung- Lee Jong Hyuk as Park Min Joon- Yoon Bak as Park Jae Joon- Lee Sung Kyung as Kang Yi Sol
People around Park Min JoonSun Woo Yong Yeo as Hee Ra & Chang Soo's motherKim Mi Sook as Ma Hee Ra (Jae Joon's biological mother)Jang Yong as Park Tae Soo (President of TNC Group, Min Joon & Jae Joon's father)Son Hwa Ryung as Chief Oh (Chef Na's right hand)Oh Dae Hwan (오대환) as Ma Chang Soo (Madam Ma's younger brother)
People around Kang Yi SolLee Hye In as Kang Eun Sol (Yi Sol's younger sister)Song Ok Sook as Goo Yang Soon (Yi Sol & Eun Sol's mother)
Extended castsJo Hyung Ki as Huh Sam Shik (Dong Goo & Young Goo's father)Kang Tae Oh as Huh Dong Goo (Sam Shik's son)Choi Ro Woon as Heo Young Goo (Dong Goo's younger brother)Jang Young Nam as Choi Hye Jin (Myung Jin Clinic's Obstetricians, In Chul's wife, Yoo Ri's mother)Lee Hyung Chul as Seo In Chul (Chief of Myung Jin Clinic, Yi Sol's biological father)Go Woo Ri as Seo Yoo Ri (In Chul & Hye Jin's only daughter)Choi Eun Kyung (최은경)as Chef Na (CL's Chef)Jo Han Chul as Kim Do Shin (internet leaflet reporter)Jung Hee Tae (정희태) as Julian (stylist)

VIDEOS- EP1 ; Teaser 1 | Teaser 2 | Highlight
OST

PICTURES- First script readingB8QmOaPCQAAHea-.jpg

B8WbdEICQAEuwD1.jpg10978548_946201038746277_636424237239938

- StillB9d8kqYCMAA_Trh.jpgB-B5ZszIAAAHpqe.jpg

- PosterB_sovF_UgAEaB2c.jpgB_sowQQU8AElTnl.jpg

MISC
LINKSMBC : Twitter | Facebook | YouTube 1

REMINDER AND PLEASE READ!Soompi code of conduct | k-drama & movies forum rulesDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported to the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or SoompiTV) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Sung Ryung, "the flower of the Equator" starring cast ... doorstep return in one yearB425baMCAAA4Ptn.jpg
http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_menu=700210&g_serial=870169

Guest adikkeluangman

After School’s Nana Tries Out for Role in Upcoming MBC Drama, “Equator’s Flower”
If all goes well, After School member Nana might be appearing in the upcoming MBC weekend drama “Equator’s Flower.”
According to Nana’s agency, PLEDIS Entertainment, the After School member has auditioned for a role in the MBC drama. “Nana has joined an audition in order to appear in the drama ‘Equator’s Flower.’ There is no confirmation yet whether she will appear in the drama or not. It is true that she did an audition (for a role in the drama) but she still hasn’t received a confirmation from the producer,” confirmed a representative from PLEDIS Entertainment to Newsen on December 18.
B5I3EFZCQAE4AUg.jpg

Meanwhile, the other cast members of the upcoming MBC drama “Equator’s Flower” were already confirmed. Kim Seong Ryeong, Lee Jong Hyuk, Yoon Park, and Lee Sung Kyung were already confirmed to join the series which tells the story of an ambitious woman who will be reunited with her daughter whom she neglected.
It is said that Nana auditioned for the role of Seo Yoo Ra, a woman who is dreaming to get married to Park Jae Joon, the second son of the Eden Group. The role of Park Jae Joon will be played by actor Yoon Park.
“Equator’s Flower” is set to air next year, possibly in February or March.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/18/after-schools-nana-tries-out-for-role-in-upcoming-mbc-drama-equators-flower/

Guest adikkeluangman

From Dramabeans:

• Kim Sung-ryung (Heirs) has confirmed she’ll take the central character in the upcoming weekend drama Equator’s Flower, in which she’ll play a woman driven by greed and ambition. More details have been released about her money-hungry character: After abandoning her daughter and fleeing to the States, she returns to Korea and becomes a gorgeous star chef and the MC of a cooking show. [Osen]
20141216_1418702999_54582600_1_99_201412
  • Equator’s Flower will focus on her reunion with her estranged daughter (Lee Sung-kyung of It’s Okay, It’s Love has also confirmed the role). Yoon Park (What’s With This Family) will play the second son of the chaebol food conglomerate Eden Group, who has no shortage of women falling for him, but he shuns them all and falls for Lee Sung-kyung’s character at first sight. They’re destined for romance, but wait — isn’t his hyung supposed to be married to her mom? Cue drama. [TV Report]
1418879921905_99_20141218144802.jpg
  • Nana (of girl group After School) has also been cast in Equator’s Flower; her character is highly emotional and conceited, but her simplistic infatuation with Yoon Park’s suave chaebol heir is supposed to be charming. Equator’s Flower airs after Legendary Witch concludes on MBC in March. [XSports News]
But I though Nana not confirmed yet. Well, let's see.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

According to this drama profile at wiki Korea, this drama will start on March 7 with 50 episodes. The page also listed another actor Lee Suk Joon. Nana name also included.
Previous dramas in the same slot got less episode than this drama. 
So Yoon Bak will be in another 50 epi drama. His current drama will ended sometime in February. 

@adikkeluangman, thank you for starting the thread.
There is a tentative Viki page for the drama

http://www.viki.com/tv/26310c-flower-of-the-equator-aka-equators-flower

But only 36 favorites so far...    :(

Please make sure you favorite it, and also submit a title request form to Viki

for

Flower of the Equator aka Equator Flower
적도의 꽃

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Also I suggest responding to the Soompi article  posted by
@adikkeluangman with a comment, to the effect you hope they bring it to Soompi TV. They need to see more enthusiasm than just a couple of comments.

http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/15/yoon-park-and-lee-sung-kyung-to-star-in-mbcs-new-romantic-drama/

Guest adikkeluangman

Woori from Rainbow and Jo Hyung Gi Cast in MBC Drama “Flower of the Equator”
Singer Woori from girl group Rainbow has been cast for MBC’s upcoming weekend drama, “Flower of the Equator.”
Woori will be playing the role of Seo Yura, who seems to display signs of bipolarity. However, as she falls in love with Park Jae Joon, the main character, her mood seems to soften. Her love for him changes her into a more mellow and balanced person.
B6lG1BjCEAAOJkU.jpg

Surprisingly, acting veteran Jo Hyung Gi has been cast for the drama as well. He has not been in a drama series in over three years. Although he has been on many variety shows and celebrity programs, “Flower of the Equator” will be the first drama in which he has had a part since 2012.
The two actors are expected to make a wonderful team along with Yoon Park and Lee Sung Kyung, the lead couple in the series.
The series is expected to premiere in February.
http://www.soompi.com/2015/01/05/woori-from-rainbow-and-jo-hyung-gi-cast-in-mbc-drama-flower-of-the-equator/
No Nana for this drama and we got another idol-actor to replace her. I wonder what happened. Yoon Bak current drama is extended until middle January. I hope this drama schedule for pre-production not disturbed.

Guest leinbou

adikkeluangman said: No Nana for this drama and we got another idol-actor to replace her. I wonder what happened. Yoon Bak current drama is extended until middle January. I hope this drama schedule for pre-production not disturbed.

Guest adikkeluangman

[150107] From Lee Sung Kyung InstagramB66YY0cCIAEjJbr.jpg
Caption : :P
She with Yoon Bak. Maybe they got screen test shoot or something. Yoon Bak current drama will get extended 3 episode more. Drama before this one got good rating and if it also will get extended then we're looking for this drama premiere in mid- March.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yoon Bak (w/Lee Sungkyung) in February 2015 issue of Ceci MagazineB7rWLa1CAAAzoqZ.jpgB7rWLYUCEAASgSY.jpg
via fyjypnation
They got the first pictorial together for their upcoming drama. I guess this is first time for MBC to do this before the drama start to air.

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 600; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"New MBC Drama Starring Lee Sung Kyung and Yoon Park Confirms Official Title

yoon-park-lee-sung-kyung.jpg

MBC‘s upcoming weekend drama, widely known as “Flower of the Equator,” has been officially named as “Flower of the Queen.”

According to MBC on January 19, the official title of “Flower of the Queen” has been confirmed and production is currently underway.

The series stars Kim Sung Ryung, who will play the role of Rena Jung. Rena Jung is a beautiful celebrity chef who has her own cooking show. However, her past reveals that she lost both her mother and daughter for money.

Lee Jong Hyuk plays Rena Jung’s husband, Lee Sung Kyung plays the role of Rena’s hidden daughter, Kang Lee Sol, and Yoon Park plays a chaebol heir. Other members of the cast include Rainbow’s Go Woori and Jo Hyung Gi.

The series is expected to premiere in March on MBC.

Source: Soompi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is another opportunity to comment on the article asking them to bring the drama to Soompi TV.

Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Sung Kyung and Yoon Park couple up for ‘CeCi’
Yoon Park and Lee Sung Kyung recently did a photo shoot for the February issue of ‘CeCi’ fashion magazine, where they showed off their respective sexy charms.
In the photos, Yoon Park is seen wearing a black suit, and a turtle neck shirt, while Lee Sung Kyung donned a black colored laced designed dress, as they reenacted a ‘JUST THE TWO OF US’ couple theme, and showed off their sexy alluring side.
Yoon Park described Lee Sung Kyung in the accompanying interview, that she possesses a ‘Lee Sung Kyung effect.’ Even if she was in the middle of a desert, she would still live life positively, and is a woman brimming with extremely positive energy.
Lee Sung Kyung meanwhile said about Yoon Park, “He gives one an impression of innocent, kind-hearted, and being really humane. At the same time, he also has a charismatic side to him, and is someone brimming with youthful exuberance.”
Meanwhile, Lee Sung Kyung and Yoon Park will be co-starring in upcoming MBC TV weekend drama ‘Equator’s Flower’ which will premiere in March.
http://kpopfighting.com/2015/01/19/lee-sung-kyung-and-yoon-park-couple-up-for-ceci/

Guest leinbou

I got this from VisualGlow, for which I am a staff of, and it seems the cast of the Flower of the Queen have done readings already.

tumblr_nituueWedM1r27owuo1_r1_1280.jpg

It seems these are mostly the supporting characters? I recognize Woo Ri of Rainbow and Kim Mi-sook (both worked together in Glorious Day), and-- anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but is that 5urprise's Kang Tae Oh in the lower-right photo? If it is, then I'm glad I'm seeing more of him on TV. He acts decently, at least from what I've seen in his Love & War episode in 2014, plus he's such an eye candy. :\">

Guest adikkeluangman

Here are the main lead. Kim Sung Ryung, Yoon Bak, Lee Jong Hyuk and Lee Sung Kyung.B8RbGhqCMAAuP0i.jpgB8RbGhtCIAA2X4w.jpgB8RbGhtCAAECrU7.jpgB8RbGhwCYAAbQMw.jpg

From MBC tweet, first episode will be air March 14. Among the supporting actors that attend the first script reading based on the name given. I'm not familiar with some of the faces.

[여왕의 꽃] *3월 14일(토) 첫 방송* 검증된 연기파 배우들 다 모였다! ‘믿고 보는 배우’ #김미숙 #선우용녀 #송옥숙 #장영남 #조형기 #김광규 #오대환 #조한철 젊은 피! #고우리 #강태오 출연!! pic.twitter.com/C20ZBVSXPU

— MBC PR (@MBCnest) January 27, 2015

Guest leinbou

It would be nice if someone were able to translate this article:

[여왕의 꽃] 검증된 연기파 배우들 다 모였다! 주요 출연진 면면 들여다보니 ‘헉’ 소리 나

And can anyone help me figure out the names of the following actors-

tumblr_nivoxdryWl1s1dy78o7_400.png
Seonwoo Yong-nyeo & ??? (bigger size)
tumblr_nivoxdryWl1s1dy78o8_400.png
Kim Mi Sook (bigger size)
tumblr_nivoxdryWl1s1dy78o9_400.png
??? (bigger size)
tumblr_nivoxdryWl1s1dy78o10_400.png