Creep Shaming: The new modern feminist trend

livingforhistory

In older generations, marriage was largely about survival for women and her children. An unattractive man showing sexual interest in her would likely be taken as less offensive and he'd be "let down easy" as they say. In modern times, women are largely self-sufficient and financially and economically independent, allowing them to be much more choosier in who they chose to be sexually intimate with. Despite this, the issue of approaching is still largely left for men. It is still very much the man's the job to approach girls he's interested in the hopes of finding one that is mutually interested in him as well.

Yes we have all heard of exceptions where a girl actively sought out a guy. But for most guys, if you don't take proactive steps to meet and talk to women, you'll be alone.

Yet creep shaping is common. What is creep shaming? Let's look at a scenario.

Guy X is average looking. Your typical nice guy. He notices and expresses romantic interest to Girl Y working at his local coffee shop who is out of his league. It takes weeks to work up the courage to attempt to ask her out and he finally gathers the courage to do so. When he does, he is shamed socially by her. Instead of a polite rejection or letting him down easy, she will insult and ridicule him, possibly in public or in front of his friends. And she may even spread the news to her girlfriends about what a creep he is. Meanwhile, she's out clubbing next week and Guy Y who is an attractive man grinds with her on the dance floor and pinches her butt without her consent on the dance floor but instead of being creep-shamed, she tells her girlfriends how "charming" he is.

Meanwhile, Guy X is traumatized and hugely embarrassed by his experience. He wonders what's wrong with him. He talks about it with his guy friends who tell him to put it behind him and just move on and go for the next girl that catches his eye. Yet he can't get it out of his mind. What did he do wrong? He was a bit nervous but still talked to her politely. He did not cross any line. He comes to the conclusion that he is just unattractive in general and in order to avoid further public humiliation as well as possibly losing his professional integrity, he modifies his behavior and is extra-cautious when around women. At his workplace, a female colleague of his (Girl Y) acts friendly towards him and shows interest in getting to know him such as hinting at grabbing lunch together. He finds her attractive as well and has secretly had a crush on her for awhile but he can't risk pursuing the relationship further. She probably just wants something out of him. He's her junior and she's probably seeking a knowledgeable mentor in order to further her career. The moment he expresses any hint of romantic interest to her, he will not risk being humiliated again but it could also damage his career. After all, they are colleagues. Besides, what could she possibly see in him? She's beautiful, smart, well-educated and confident. Surely she already has a boyfriend or is maybe even married. As a result, he rebuffs her advances at becoming closer.

Girl Y is disappointed. She was genuinely attracted to Guy X. He's not the most handsome guy ever but he's smart, educated and is a good speaker. He also seems to be a kind and responsible man overall. Girl Y is looking for a long-term relationship and being new to the city is having trouble meeting prospective mates. And Guy X was someone at the top of her list. Hmm, maybe he's actually gay but is afraid to come out of the closet.

The above may be a more extreme scenario but you get the idea. Creep-Shaming and female self-entitlement has pretty much destroyed 80% of men out there. In order words, 80% of women are chasing 20% of the men and are unwilling and even downright hostile towards men who they feel are below what they deserve.

When Charles Darwin talked about species and survival of the fittest, I don't think he meant this.

Guest cynidoll

I don't disagree with you. Female self-entitlement is rampant and most men have become beta in recent years. To understand this, you really need to understand female behavior. This is my favorite and most accurate depiction of women:Yet+another+feminist+joke_a9eb71_5083132

It sounds like you're projecting a bit. PM me, I get paid to teach guys how to pick up women.

Oh @livingforhistory you're back! I highly doubt Girl Y in the first situation would creep shame Guy X if he was polite and average like you said. If she does then she's a weirdo. She might tell her girlfriends that one of her customers hit on her but it'll be like something she's saying out of pride/to show off rather than creep shaming lol. I'm always happy when guys hit on me even if I'm not interested in them, as long as they don't do it in an overtly creepy way.

I don't think Guy X should be "traumatized" by his experience unless he's super oversensitive. He really shouldn't be hitting on randoms in coffee shops...you should just try to get to know people through social groups etc etc, you can pick up signals if they're interested or not. Just like the second situation. There's no reason he wouldn't give that girl a chance unless like I said he's super oversensitive.

Guest cynidoll

A guy that we're already attracted to? Women don't walk in and scan the room looking for the most attractive guy in the room. Women only notice men when either the man himself makes himself known/present (aka he initiates the conversation first) or if someone else points him out.
Don't take it the wrong way when I say you're projecting. I believe most nice guys will be called creeps. The selfishness of a woman is so beyond what you could possibly conceive. We're so mixed up in our own emotions and how everything around us makes us 'feel' that we haven't even begun to think about the rest of the people outside our world. This is the nature of women and it's also where the "game" begins.

Guest severus

So bitter, so salty.
livingforhistory said: Why can't you girls just admit that you only appreciate it if a guy you're already attracted to approaches you? All the rest can die alone and in agony and you wouldn't bat an eyelash.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mullin123

To be frank, I think that your statistics are a bit ridiculous. Yes, some women to focus primarily on appearance when it comes to romantic relationships, but so do men. Both men and women are equally guilty of 'sex-shaming', but it isn't as common as you make it out to be. Also, if a guy was polite and considerate of the woman's feelings, then most women would reply equally so, whether they were accepting his attempts at intimacy or not. However, I do understand why some women 'sex-shame'. This is usually in response to unappreciated and somewhat sexist advances that make them uncomfortable, such as wolf-whistling, persistent flirting or unwanted touching. For one individual to openly reject the other is perfectly understandable if the latter is actually harassing her/him.
Not all guys and girls are superficial and obsessed with looks. In fact, most of them aren't. And what you said about 'pretty' girls and 'average' guys? Trust me, it is just as hard to be Barbie as it is to be Ken. :)

Archived