Iggy Azalea Tweets About Rumors That She Was Born a Man Named Cody: "I'm More of a Liam"

sugarplum892

class="headline" id="yui_3_16_0_1_1418421474910_1812" style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 35px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 42px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-right: 40px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Iggy Azalea Tweets About Rumors That She Was Born a Man Named Cody: "I'm More of a Liam"
1418414748_iggy-azalea-467.jpg

First thing's first, she's the realest. Iggy Azalea took to Twitter in the early hours of Friday morning, Dec. 12, to spread some truth about the latest rumor surrounding her. 
"Wait, so I'm just now reading that I was born a man and my name is Cody?" the "Beg For It" rapper wrote. "*Cackling* why Cody tho? Lol."
There was talk last month that Azalea, 24, was welcomed into the world in her native Australia as a little boy named Cody. In actuality, she arrived as a baby girl named Amethyst Amelia Kelly. 
The falsehood originated at an entertainment and satirical news website, Huzlers, which wrote that the star confessed her male background in an interview with MTV, though the quotes were never provided. "Huzler's source is wacky because, um, we’re MTV, and Iggy never said that to us," MTV News wrote on Friday.  
Azalea had a little fun with the fictitious story nonetheless, tweeting about what her name would be if she was born a boy, and questioning her validity for Billboard's Women in Music Awards. 
"I just don't see myself as a Cody," she wrote. "I'm more of a Liam, if had a penis. Liam Azalea." 
"Am I still gonna get my billboard women in music award tomorrow, now that I supposedly have a penis or nah?" added the star, who was given the honor of Women in Music's 2014 Chart-Topper. 
Source

Archived