Guo family and associates

Zheng Guo Lin as Guo Jing

Yang Ming Na as Huang Rong

Mao Xiao Tong as Guo Fu 郭芙

Jiang Yi Yi as young Guo Fu

Zhang Xue Ying as Guo Xiang 郭襄

Cui Zhen Bang 崔政邦 as Guo Po Lu 郭破虏

Synopsis:

A mainland China TV series adapted from Jin Yong's novel.The story revolves around the protagonist Yang Guo and his lover XiaoLongNü in their adventures in the jianghu (also called the wulin, the community of martial artists), which disapproves of the taboo love between master and apprentice. 

Watch it here with English subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Trailer:

OSTs:
Chen Xiao & Chen Xiang - 16 Years

Zhang Jie - Vast

Chén xiǎo & Michelle Chen - You & I

Chén Xiáng - Wènshì jiān

Additional Links:
The Romance of the Condor Heroes 神鵰俠侶 Viki English Subbed Episodes
The Romance of the Condor Heroes 神鵰俠侶 Raw Episodes
The Romance of the Condor Heroes 神鵰俠侶 Official Sina Page

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Michelle Chen admits thoughts of suicide
Michelle Chen admits thoughts of suicide

Actress Michelle Chen admitted that she was deeply troubled by the criticism received from many when she was cast as Little Dragon Girl in Yu Zheng's new version of "The Legend of Condor Heroes".

As reported on On CC, the baby-faced actress who had been mocked by Netizens since day one for being too plain and chubby for the ethereal role, stated that she experienced one of the darkest moments in her life while filming the series.

"I was extremely pressured because of the criticisms," said Michelle, who recently made an appearance at an awareness event that promotes positivity and happiness.

The actress admitted that the need to maintain her weight while filming long hours had taken quite a toll on her physical and emotional health.

Michelle said that she was pressured by all of it to the extent that the thought of suicide had even occurred to her.

"One day, I stood by the window and the thought of jumping out played through my mind," said the actress. "But I quickly pulled myself together and started thinking positive thoughts. It helped me forget all the negativity."

Source

• 3 weeks later...

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Yu Zheng continues to defend Michelle Chen

8 Dec – Chinese producer Yu Zheng has been very adamant from day one in his casting choice when he decided to offer Taiwanese actress Michelle Chen the iconic role of Little Dragon Girl for his version of the famous story, "The Return of the Condor Heroes".

It comes as no surprise that he continued to defend the actress for one last time before the series' premiere on 3 December.

As reported on ET Today, on 2 December, Yu turned to Weibo and reiterated his intention to create a different kind of Little Dragon Girl - a sort of clarification for the character's fans who have been unhappy with the choice since day one.

Yu Zheng stated that he found it hard to remain faithful to the original story while trying to create a sense of novelty to the drama, and decided to use his own version of the character rather than follow the original icy demeanour associated with Little Dragon Girl.

He also confessed that the baby-faced Michelle may not resemble the character beloved by many, but that she was the perfect actress to play the role after his first choice Angelababy was unable to commit to the project.

The producer also defended the actress, saying that any criticism towards the character should be aimed at him rather than to Michelle.

Meanwhile, Netizens continued to criticise the actress, saying that she is too cute for the role and was not meant to play the character in the first place.

Source

What production of Yu Zheng doesn't get criticised? LOL. It'll be news when a show of his receives only praise. =)) He always fails to keep close to the storyline. 
Having said such, I am enjoying the episodes so far. So long as comparisons are not drawn, it's entertaining enough to watch as a pure fictitious drama.

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Yu Zheng slammed for ruining Jin Yong's workYu Zheng slammed for ruining Jin Yong's work

12 Dec – Even before his new drama went into production, mainland producer Yu Zheng had already been blasted by fans of Jin Yong's wu xia novels, when he announced that he will be producing the re-telling of the author's most beloved work, "The Return of the Condor Heroes".

It was no surprise that the actual series turned out to be a travesty to the original work, with botched up characters and lack of artistic values being the main criticism from both critics and viewers alike.

According to Sina News, the series, which premiered on 3 December, has been receiving one backlash after another.

Yu Zheng's confidence in his decision to make the cutesy and lively Michelle Chen the new Little Dragon Girl, a character known for her icy demeanour, was heavily criticised, and has been dubbed a failure when it was presented to the viewers.

The characters' cheesy dialogues and altered personalities, including Yu Zheng's interpretation of Yang Guo's character as flirtatious rather than earnest, has angered a lot of fans of the series, who stated that the character has been distorted beyond recognition.

Fans of the series also say that Yu Zheng has turned Yang Guo, who is the epitome of heroism and integrity, into a man who is more focused on his love life rather than helping others.

Aside from fans of the original work, other writers, including wu xia author Du Guyi who has been studying a lot of Jin Yong's works, has also called for the public to boycott the series for its disrespect for the author and his fan base.

Source

The main actress, Michelle Chen, is being critcised quite heavily as people don't find that she fits the role. They are beginning to call her version of 'Xiao long nu' (little dragon girl) 'xiao long bao' (little pork bun) instead.
Kinda feel sorry for her. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I have been watching some series of Return of Condor Heroes from time to time.
my favorites have been the version of Andy Lau and Huang Xiao Ming..
However, I am very curious on this version too
Anyone knows where I could find the torrents?

Thank you

• 2 months later...

@mtp1nk I dun have the torrent link, but u may find in youtube or doramax for the video/download links, good luck  ;;) hehe
@angelangie yeah, agree with u.. Dunno why many haters give bad comment about Michelle Chen.. I find her look is not a type of seductive beauty but cute beauty that u can't feel bored to look at, dunno how to explain it, lolz ;))
Currently enjoying this series and I find it's a great series, fighting :)>-

• 1 month later...

Never really enjoyed the Mainland version of this triology - the TVB HK versions were far superior in acting but had crappy technical/special effects (anyone remember the guy in a condor suit during the 80s version?) I'll give this one a try... maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised xD

• 2 months later...

ok ok I finally watch and now on episode 14. Seriously, I don't like Michelle too because it's seem she doesn't fit to be Long Nu hm. Also with Edison, Louis Koo and any gossip about her make me like hm...no comment :blink: Still it's a remake from Jin Yong so it's impossible I don't have in my collection. Be wuxia extreme fan, all adaptions from all Jin Yong, Gu Long, Liang Yusheng...I need to watch it. This Long Nu was really giggly giggly, completely different from other adaptation. She doesn't seem to be enough cold...hm Michelle did have a baby face...but you can see she lost a lot pound after her first apparition. Ok finally she be ok..but she make this Long Nu too much emotional..and her hair style seem a bit to be the tawainese version ROCH 1984 with Angela Pan...she have a lot things on her hairstyle too

I never like either Viann Zhang (because her scandal) too but her interpretation of Li Mo Chou amaze me o.o. I did like in this adaption, they explain when Li Mo Chou go out from the Ancient Tomb sect and meet Lu Zhan Yuan and why he got the handkerchief. I can see he did like Li Mo Chou but her personality isn't fit with him. She is too bossy and cannot understand him. So when he break up with her, I'm happy. I like in this adaptation too they have a lot funny moment :) Li Mo Chou be itchy LOL well so funny. I like the guy Wu Lei who do the young Yang Guo, he so expressif and really playful like suppose to be Yang Guo. The seem to have more information on all lady in this serie...Yang Guo harem LOL he meet with everyone and playful too :)

I do like the first student of Li Mo Chou too, she was funny :) The girl who do Hong Rong version was well done and the guy who are Guo Jing was super too. I don't like the costum from Quanzhen sect...yellow O.o well..too flashy hm

Ou Yang Feng was funny but I still hate what happen for Long Nu because of him ''sigh'' in all adaptation =.=;; Long Nu paid for the karma for all her sect...and Yang Guo also paid for all karma that his father did it. So the separation was also the answer from all karma...that I was always thinking. Everything happen for Long Nu and Yang Guo was all because of that. 

I would write more when I watch more...LOL seriously a saw Li Ying be Mu Nianci (Yang Guo's mother), Zhang Dan Feng be Dugu Qiu Bai...hehe a lot actors from my Hua Qian Gu serie...well the filming a bit in a same time...hm

Also I like the opening theme The Vastness :)

I have all adaptation for this serie and will compare it later :) the best was still with Idy Chan x Andy Lau:wub:. Also Carmen Lee x Louis Koo...:wub:

EDIT: OHHhhhhhh i like the whole story about Wang Chongyang x Lin Chao Ying!!! finally someone explain it more!!! well who don't know about Wang Chongyanng...many serie is about him but in ROCH we never really take care of it...never explain what happen between him and Chao Ying...

a lot spoilers don't watch it if you don't want but also it's ROCH...who never watch ROCH O.o the whole story is know all the world hm

• 4 weeks later...

Michelle Chen and Chen Xiao admit they are dating

news2.jpg

news3.jpg

Taiwan Female Goddess, 32 years old, Michelle Chen (陳妍希) and Mainland China actor, 28 years old, Chen Xiao (陳曉) announced their romance, according to reports from Central News Agency (中央社). Yesterday, Michelle Chen's manager confirmed Michelle Chen and Chen Xiao were together and sent her blessings.

In 2013, Michelle Chen and Chen Xiao were collaborating in Mainland China drama, The Return of the Condor Heroes (神鵰俠侶). In that drama, both acted as "Xiao Long Nu 小龍女" and "Yang Guo 楊過" respectively. They often interact with each other on Weibo. When Michelle Chen birthday was on 31 May 2015, Chen Xiao wished her at 12am and both were taken photographs of dating together. Finally, they admitted their romance.

Source: Ming Pao (HK)
Translated by: Admin @ Asian E-News Portal

Archived