[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015-2016] Beautiful Secret 美丽的秘密

sugarplum892

%E7%BE%8E%E9%BA%97%E7%9A%84%E7%A7%98%E5%

Details:

Title: 美丽的秘密 / Měilì de mìmì
English title: Beautiful Secret 
Genre: Modern, Love
Director: Ke Han Chen (Shining Days 璀璨人生)

Producer: Ke Yi Qin
Episodes: 37

Broadcast Network: Hunan TV
Broadcast Date: December 22, 2015 - January 12, 2016

Replacing: Nursing our Love 家和萬事興

Cast:

Victoria Song as Jiang Mei Li (姜美丽)

Peter Ho as Guan Yi (关毅)

Xian Zi as Xu Ruo Lin (弦子)

Wei Qian Xiang as Chen Wei Feng (程伟峰)

Li Ying as Wang Xuan (汪璇)

Synopsis:

Beautiful Secret is a romantic idol drama that tells of the challenges of being a singer in the Chinese entertainment industry.
20 years ago, singer Wang Xuan (Li Ying) spent all her savings trying to treat the illness of her daughter, later called Jiang Mei Li, but to no avail. In the end had to give her up for adoption, while hiding the truth from the world. On her wedding day, she leaves to try and find her daughter once again. Mei Li is adopted by Jiang Wei Guo and his wife but her she has contracted a high fever and suffered amnesia from it. Unable to find her daughter, Wang Xuan decides to put all her love into her step daughter Xu Rou Lin (Xian Zi). 20 years later, Ruo Lin enters a singing competition to win back her ex-boyfriends, producer Guan Yi (Peter Ho). While coming out to support her sister, Jiang Mei Yan in the same competition, Jiang Mei Li (Victoria Song) ends up being a competitor. During the course of the competition, complicated relationships between love interests and family occur. When Mei Li becomes an overnight sensation by winning the competition, Producer Guan Yi decides to produce her, and at the dame time they start to have feelings for each other. This drama will depict a stylish entertainment industry.

Watch it here with English subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Victoria Song - Star's Tears

https://youtu.be/c2tjSB8I0wQ

Peter Ho - Hindsight Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbFHZOKI1Lk

Additional Links:

Beautiful Secret 美丽的秘密 Viki English Subs

Beautiful Secret 美丽的秘密 Weibo Page

Beautiful Secret 美丽的秘密 Raw Episodes

Beautiful Secret 美丽的秘密 Official Website

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Scene from 'Beautiful Secret' starring Victoria of f(x) released

A scene from the upcoming Chinese drama “Beautiful Secret,” featuring Victoria of the Korean girl group f(x), was released via the producer’s Weibo page on Monday.

The singer-turned-actress, who will star as the female protagonist Zhang Mei Li, is shown sitting on a set of steps and looking into the distance, smiling faintly.
“Beautiful Secret” tells the story of Zhang, a bright girl who had a difficult childhood, and her journey towards becoming a famous singer. 
Along the way, Zhang falls in love with the male protagonist, Taiwanese-American singer-actor Peter Ho.
The drama will be Victoria’s third drama appearance to date. Last year, the starlet starred in “Thank You, Everyone,” also filmed and produced in China.
“Beautiful Secret” is expected to air on the Chinese satellite TV channel Hunan TV within this year.
Source

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest kiaraimanis

Victoria looks gorgeous.. obviously she had something done on her face but she looks so good!! :) Anticipating this drama.

she had NOTHING done on her face. it's confirmed by herself,krystal,luna, and her doctor. she's genuinely gorgeous.

Victoria looks gorgeous.. obviously she had something done on her face but she looks so good!! :) Anticipating this drama.

she had NOTHING done on her face. it's confirmed by herself,krystal,luna, and her doctor. she's genuinely gorgeous.

Edited my post on my mistake. My apologies. I cannot wait until this is out. ;) 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest severus

It's packaged as a regular idol drama but I cried so hard in that episode where she finds out she's adopted. Mainly because her adoptive mom is so great. Real feels 8/10. 

I'm on episode 7 now, and oh my God, please watch this everyone!  It is a very funny light drama!~ :D Peter Ho is handsome as always, and f(x) Victoria is so stunningly beautiful!  She is the reason why I started watching this.  I guarantee that you laugh in every episode!~ ;) 

On 12/24/2015 at 9:10 AM, angelangie said:

any review or rating on how it is?

You can follow her account for ratings 

https://twitter.com/HJ_ting2

The drama has been doing really well unexpectedly since it's a small production drama. 

You can watch the raw version right away here (The eps would get subbed after a few days so you can see the sub in earlier episodes already)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzrTVh5JCW0&list=PLvpAVnYN4lb0h_1t6uf9z_dpAO6tfEs6A&index=6

Viki directly licenses with the broadcasting company in China  so I think they got the sub from there. So we can get the sub faster there

Victoria's 2nd OST for Beautiful Secret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGjeaFcxlGM

On 12/27/2015 at 1:42 AM, hankitae42 said:

I'm on episode 7 now, and oh my God, please watch this everyone!  It is a very funny light drama!~ :D Peter Ho is handsome as always, and f(x) Victoria is so stunningly beautiful!  She is the reason why I started watching this.  I guarantee that you laugh in every episode!~ ;) 

I think it's  funny but other than that, plot is nothing new.. Another recycled plot for those watching. In the end of 45 episodes, I have a feeling it will be blissful with a fairytale ending. :) The secret ends up being beautiful just as the title entails. 

I also think the story is messy though.. kind of like another one of those fairy storytelling poorly executed by the writer, yet, I am still watching since Victoria and Peter are the main OTP. :D

Archived